Shaymen (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Not sure I can predict this one after the last two games but I'll give it a go. Their number one threat is Denton 28ft tall striker, if we don't deal with him we've no chance. I want to see us come out from the first minute to the last and go for it because we simply are not good enough defensively to sit back. Our fixture list is now looking simpler with likes of Solihull and Torquay coming up lets hop we can win Saturday and then follow that up with a nice little run.

3-2 to us Whitely, Kandi and Robson with the goals. 1,239 (150 Shaymen)
Mark

I'd like us to have some shape rather than just throw 5 attacking players on the pitch and I'd like to see us stop getting so many people caught the wrong side of their men. I'd like us to stop giving opposition full backs free reign to go forward all the time. I'd like us to be more physical. Every team we play is conning the ref every 5 minutes. I hate the cynical side of football and ideally it would be stamped out but right now it isn't a level playing field and we need to get smart. I don't hold out much hope though. 1 all.
daggersjeff

Think Kandi has to start Lets see what hes like on a drier surface!

2-0 daggers
Whitely, Boucaud
We desperately need the defence to start performing to keep us in touch. Although its crowded up there at the moment, two or 3 poor results and all of a sudden you're off the back of the pack
Mark

Is it really the defence though? Both goals Tuesday were crosses from their full backs. Admittedly the middle of the defence was a shambles for the first goal but if you stop the crosses it doesn't happen.

I'm all for attacking football but some of ours is suicidal. We just seem to think we can outscore everyone by saving all our energy for going forward.
Lcbdagger

Fair play to those believing we win and even more so to those believing a clean sheet is coming... can't see either myself... another 2-1 loss against a massively underrated team who beat Orient comfortably
Kevin

Mark wrote:Is it really the defence though? Both goals Tuesday were crosses from their full backs. Admittedly the middle of the defence was a shambles for the first goal but if you stop the crosses it doesn't happen.
There are certain times when we need a bit of physicality in our midfield as well.

Heading, tackling & marking players are equally required alongside passing, movement + support of the forwards - recent matches seem to have tended more towards the latter three areas rather than the former.

Hopefully Stilly will have given all of the boys a bit of a gee-up before Saturday's match - c'mon you Daggers!! :)
Auntie Merge

My mum is coming to the game and this will be her first Daggers home game ever. Not bad considering she is 86. I'm also bringing a lucky mascot with me, my nephew.

Therefore the omens are good. Daggers 6 Halifax 0

Attendance 1410, (111 away.)
leewilson

Be a tough game this. From my memory, Halifax contain a lot of the ex North Ferriby team and manager that got promoted, hence why NF did so poorly last season. I'm not feeling confident.

1-2 loss.
Dagger83

Work with a Halifax fan, need a win for bragging rights. 4-0.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
DevonDagger

Whilst Halifax have a good group together and indeed beat Orient comfortably - so did Bromley (6-1, in fact) who we beat comfortably.

I don't anticipate them being challengers for the top spot all season however. Granted they will also almost certainly not be relegation candidates like their last venture in this league.

Going and very much hoping for a 2-0 win to calm some nerves.
Dagdale

Tame Denton we could come out winners, remember last season at the Shay in that Cup replay he ran the show and caused havoc to our defence, a old brigade lanky striker, really need a good result today to bring back confidence and three losses on a spin would be unbearable walking out at ten to five considering how well we've started, from reports they hammered the O's midweek and our team hopefully will show us how far they have come under Stilly's new strategy.
daggersjeff

Get in!!! 1-0!!
daggersjeff

2-0!! Corey Whitely

COYD!!
daggersjeff

3-0 @HT Robson, Whitely and og

Close it out now boys!!
leewilson

Very good performance that.

And well done Jake Howells. Gets a lot of stick (not all of it justified) but he was very good today. He does remind me a bit of Guttridge in the way that everything is 1 or 2 touch and he's always looking to pass forward. The times he overplays is actually when he loses the ball but when he keeps it simple and crisp, he's a very good player to have. His set piece delivery is superb too.

Kandi and Ferrier gave them no rest at all. They just couldn't cope. Both just need to find their shooting boots. It's slowly become apparent that maybe that's why Ferrier hasn't played at a higher level. He has all the attributes but his decision making when he's 1v1 and 10 yards or so from goal is often poor.

All in all, a very good day against a potentially awkward side.