Quite worrying......

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote:Maybe the stewards weren't really looking, after the complaints about them watching our supporters too much a few weeks a go.

Out of interest, what is this supposed agenda?
I'd guess it is the
The club must hate us
agenda.

Still no sign of that email yet though... ;)
Cord

ARNU wrote:That'd be the "prevent people acting like spastics and morons" agenda.
Arnu, who has taken the moral high ground about offensive chants in the TBS, uses the word "spastic" here.
GideaParkDagger

ARNU wrote:That'd be the "prevent people acting like spastics and morons" agenda.
Spastics? Surely this is language which everyone was disguted with at one game... disgusting human being you.
Diggerthedog

*opens popcorn*
dagger4eva

Yeah sorry Arnu.

I get the valid point you were trying to make, BUT youve dropped a very hypocritical bollock here mate.
Daggernewbie

Cord wrote:
Arnu, who has taken the moral high ground about offensive chants in the TBS, uses the word "spastic" here.
I`m waiting to see if ARNU apologise for using the word " spastic " .
Dagger83

Hates a word, quotes a post containing it which is quoting a post containing it and uses it again in that post. Makes sense.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

It's a word that shouldn't be sung at disabled children. I think using it in the context of describing idiots who do such things is quite acceptable. Spastic for so many of my years was an acceptable term but has in recent years become very un pc. It's use as a derogatory term for people acting in a less than sensible way or doing something badly as far as I know has never been particularly polite. I don't believe in apologies for the professionally offended , how I meant it and the context in which I said it I stand by. C•••• is a bad word, even that has a time and a place. I could have used that instead i suppose and none of you would have said a word. Hypocrites.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

It is a word that should never be used at all to anyone; not only disabled children.
On another forum I used to moderate on, your posts would have all been edited to remove the word.
I'm leaving it here if only to demonstrate what idiots some people are.
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:It's a word that shouldn't be sung at disabled children. I think using it in the context of describing idiots who do such things is quite acceptable. Spastic for so many of my years was an acceptable term but has in recent years become very un pc. It's use as a derogatory term for people acting in a less than sensible way or doing something badly as far as I know has never been particularly polite. I don't believe in apologies for the professionally offended , how I meant it and the context in which I said it I stand by. C•••• is a bad word, even that has a time and a place. I could have used that instead i suppose and none of you would have said a word. Hypocrites.
Just remember your reply if someone calls you a certain word ARNU
ARNU

Daggernewbie wrote:
ARNU wrote:It's a word that shouldn't be sung at disabled children. I think using it in the context of describing idiots who do such things is quite acceptable. Spastic for so many of my years was an acceptable term but has in recent years become very un pc. It's use as a derogatory term for people acting in a less than sensible way or doing something badly as far as I know has never been particularly polite. I don't believe in apologies for the professionally offended , how I meant it and the context in which I said it I stand by. C•••• is a bad word, even that has a time and a place. I could have used that instead i suppose and none of you would have said a word. Hypocrites.
Just remember your reply if someone calls you a certain word ARNU
Yes but I haven't called anyone a spastic have I? I have used the word to describe the actions of some morons we have amongst us. I have aimed the word at nobody in particular. What is everyone offended at here ? Me using the word? Me digging out people who follow us that clearly are an embarrassment? Or does anyone on here think I mean them ? Nobody reading this did I mean to offend and nobody reading it is actually offended. But we do have people who are perpetually offended by just about anything.
ARNU

Auntie Merge wrote:It is a word that should never be used at all to anyone; not only disabled children.
On another forum I used to moderate on, your posts would have all been edited to remove the word.
I'm leaving it here if only to demonstrate what idiots some people are.
Delete it then. If I actually called someone a spastic then fair enough. But I didn't did I? In your position of high importance and natural urge to be a martyr all the time I'd have thought you'd have deleted it immediately and then blamed Thompson. There's nothing to see here, just the professionally offended kicking off over nothing.
Auntie Merge

It doesn't matter whether you called someone it or not, but the very use of the word associates all daggers fans with that vocabulary.

Calling moderators martyrs does not help your cause.
ARNU

Auntie Merge wrote:It doesn't matter whether you called someone it or not, but the very use of the word associates all daggers fans with that vocabulary.

Calling moderators martyrs does not help your cause.
What bollocks!!
Sensible people will see the context in which it was said and reach their own convlusions. One of them being that the over reaction by the easily offended and pc brigade is alive and well on this forum. When did you become the judge of what is and isn't offensive? You let the c word f word w word etc etc go all the time. You've never pulled anyone for using the word retard or pikey and your happy to allow direct personal abuse go all the time. When it suits you of course. Your just sore because I identified your vendetta against Thompson. Just cos he threw you out for your stupid banner that time.
Auntie Merge

Arnu I have a busy day ahead and don't have time to moderate at the present so I have banned you for 24 hours as it doesn't look like other admin is around.
If they turn up soon they can moderate and release you, if they see fit. otherwise the best way to stop you trolling is to put you in the naughty corner.
I really am staring to believe that the only reason you post on here is to troll.