Quite worrying......

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

NBDag wrote:News reports of Arnu's face being projected onto the Eiffel Tower to show solidarity.
#JeSuisArnu
Daggernewbie

I think Admin should take a firm stance against anything offensive etc. by getting hold of the offender and stringing them to a goal post and given 10 lashes for a minor offence and more for major offensives. :D
SUSSEX DAGGER

As a kid when I went shopping with my mum I always Put the change from my sweet money in a box being held by a model of a boy in leg braces with the words spastic society society adorned across the bottom of it, I thought I was being thoughtful.

Obviously today people would be horrified to see such thing but that's what was in the doorways of most supermarket outlets in my Childhood.

The thing that outrages me more and causes me most offence is not what was or is written across any collection receptacle, its the salaries that are paid to some of these Chief Executives. Most are no longer charities but big businesses. The Person who came up with SCOPE was probably paid a fortune for doing so. They also probably thought it would help their cause no end if they alienated what was always an acceptable word as I don't remember anybody from my Generation having a problem with it .
Phippo

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:As a kid when I went shopping with my mum I always Put the change from my sweet money in a box being held by a model of a boy in leg braces with the words spastic society society adorned across the bottom of it, I thought I was being thoughtful.

Obviously today people would be horrified to see such thing but that's what was in the doorways of most supermarket outlets in my Childhood.

The thing that outrages me more and causes me most offence is not what was or is written across any collection receptacle, its the salaries that are paid to some of these Chief Executives. Most are no longer charities but big businesses. The Person who came up with SCOPE was probably paid a fortune for doing so. They also probably thought it would help their cause no end if they alienated what was always an acceptable word as I don't remember anybody from my Generation having a problem with it .
Spot on SUSSEX!
Dagger83

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: was always an acceptable word as I don't remember anybody from my Generation having a problem with it .
Apart from those with cerebal palsy who had to put up with it being used as a taunt or a means of humiliation. But ****** them, who cares?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.