Quite worrying......

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

.............no, not the defeat, but the fact that there were barely 1100 home fans on Tuesday. I understand that people have work but given that have had a good start to the season, you'd expect more from a top-of-the-table clash, and also a London derby. Our home attendances seem to be slightly deteriorating compared to last season, although I understand the club are trying.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Think the weather might have put a few off attending this one, plus champions league was all over the box. Our attendance against Gateshead was very good considering they had 21.

Our attendances will float around these figures so no real surprise.
Kevin

Diggerthedog wrote:Think the weather might have put a few off attending this one, plus champions league was all over the box. Our attendance against Gateshead was very good considering they had 21.

Our attendances will float around these figures so no real surprise.
Yep - pig of a night, although the forecast made out it was going to be some kind of apocalypse..
RM1Dagger

Yes, a bloke at work who watches Bromley but doesn't have a season ticket said the weather put him off going so no surprise I think on the attendance- they didn't bring many either compared to last season
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

I think yesterday was more of a worry than Tuesday. Just over 1000 again with no West Ham at home. Yes we've lost 2 on the bounce but given our league position and the opposition we lost to, it doesn't make sense for around 200(?) fans to not turn up. Unless it was just poor luck that a chunk of fans all had something planned yesterday.
ARNU

Maybe if we had a roof behind the goal people wouldn't get wet.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

It was a bit worrying but for games like that, usually the club has given away free tickets or it's been kids for a quid, or the Ramsay Moore cup game in order to boost attendances. I'm sure local promotion of the club will resume when the takeover becomes settled.
matt_drfc

Slightly more worrying that a Halifax fan was able to walk from the away fans and sit next to us for a couple of minutes and proceed to offer us out, great speed from the stewards to stop it from happening.

Obviously none of that's been mentioned by those who create a thread on how bad our fans are within a few seconds of something happening, it doesn't fit their agenda at the end of the day does it.
Adrian

Maybe the stewards weren't really looking, after the complaints about them watching our supporters too much a few weeks a go.

Out of interest, what is this supposed agenda?
ARNU

That'd be the "prevent people acting like spastics and morons" agenda.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote:Maybe the stewards weren't really looking, after the complaints about them watching our supporters too much a few weeks a go.

Out of interest, what is this supposed agenda?
I'd guess it is the
The club must hate us
agenda.

Still no sign of that email yet though... ;)
Cord

ARNU wrote:That'd be the "prevent people acting like spastics and morons" agenda.
Arnu, who has taken the moral high ground about offensive chants in the TBS, uses the word "spastic" here.
GideaParkDagger

ARNU wrote:That'd be the "prevent people acting like spastics and morons" agenda.
Spastics? Surely this is language which everyone was disguted with at one game... disgusting human being you.
Diggerthedog

*opens popcorn*
dagger4eva

Yeah sorry Arnu.

I get the valid point you were trying to make, BUT youve dropped a very hypocritical bollock here mate.