TOO MANY NO LOOK PASSES

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I thought we did enough to win but our downfall was being too flash at times.All this Barcelona no look passing on a pissing down with rain night is stupid.Corey is god but sometimes simple is all you need.Jake howells missing that sitter,not really sure why Romaine had to come off I do like the new bloke though,what pace !! Sutton probably just deserved it to be honest gave us no time on the ball at all.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

make up your mind, did we deserve it or them? for me a draw was fair result.
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

Poor got what we deserved in the end. Teams falling over themselves to win this league this season. Tranmere must be sick nearly 100 points last season.
RM1Dagger

Draw was fair but they looked more likely in the last five and so it proved. Think we missed a trick by not going for it enough to get the second and when let them back into it, it had been coming.. Disappointed; defence played okay generally but two lapses...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Alan

Poor second half, barely tested their keeper second half in conditions that demanded a shoot on sight policy.

Romaine needs to cut out the silly fouls that blighted his evening. Far from convinced by Lokko - his poor header in field led to their winner.
Dagger42

I think Still made a mistake pulling Ferrier we were having our best spell after Kandi came on.After that the momentum went back to Sutton.
Lcbdagger

Decent performance given the weather until the end but how we collapsed after 80 minutes I'll never understand... Romain for me looked too much like he was playing for his place after the new signing... loads of energy but didn't seem to notice the weather and never really produced.

Morgan looked absolutely furious to come off
Richie

A draw would have been fair IMO. But no real complaints.

Ferrier was poor, deserved to subbed off. Fejiri is shocking currently, would rather start Howells or Wheeler.

Midfield 2 were non existent, full backs were off the pace. Just poor all round.
Mark

Teams have worked out that you can flood midfield and get good territory against us. We've won other games this season despite it and today Sutton dominated the middle of the pitch. Our wingers simply don't do enough when we don't have the ball.

Passing was awful most of the night and Sutton looked more up for it than us.

Don't think either team will trouble the top few places on that evidence but we know we are better than that.
A S dagger97

I have to say that if we came out of the last two games with 4 points, we wouldn't have felt like we robbed anyone. We lost these because our front four seem to be stuttering and I reckon Cheeks absense is the main cause for it. I don't think JS should play Howells or Fejiri ATM, I'd try wheeler or even Sparkes if he's fit. Also we've been punished every time we made mistakes which is not always the case at this level, I'd have Doe back ahead of lokko just for his tracking back even if he has a few blunders himseelf.

It's a dissapointing time yet we could have been top tonight so I need to see more to be seriously concerned.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Saturday we deserved everything got nothing, tonight we deserved nothing and got nothing.

Must say Sutton are very good at what they do and the winner to me always looked on cards. That said they were aided by a ref who is this weeks muppet so they send him to us, thought he was shocking.

Must agree with the comment about Feji looks miles off it at moment.

Their equaliser was as bad as the Ebsfleet one the other week , complete shambles.

The new lad looked good , his first effort reminded me of John Akinde at Exeter a number of years ago took the ball a fair way but did not finish it and HOWELLs won't sleep for a week.

What a league this is , top of the league last week , knocked off Saturday, back to the top briefly tonight and end up 8th. Don't want to worry danybody but lose Saturday and we could be in bottom half.
ARNU

Is it just me irritated by the flash touches? Sure it looks great when it comes off and if we'd have won I doubt I'd have raised it. Passing was poor anyway. I spose if you play on a plastic pitch it's faster so a wet grass one was right up Sutton street.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

If by flash touches you mean trying to lay the ball off and move it quickly then no it isn't annoying it is an attempt to create things.

It isn't like they're all trying rabona or backheels. I don't think it was flash touches giving it away just bad or scuffed touches.

The conditions were a leveller last night and it is difficult to remember us playing well in the rain. We rely on the ball into the channels which skids off and quick passing which is difficult to control in that. Teams like Sutton who are up and at it aren't affected much.
Don Beech 3

Would rather we went back to what was described on here as 'hoof ball' if it means less passing the ball around at the back and getting the ball to the forwards quicker then all for it. Encouraging from Kandy and should hopefully utilise his pace for the 'hoof ball'
Mike the Dagger

What a horrible frustrating night it was last night!

Unfortunately we didn't seem to adjust to the conditions ars well as they did, it was a shoot on sight day with the ball flying around in the wind and skipping off the wet surface. Corey almost got it right from the first of his second half free kicks, then skied the second one, grrrr, I found the number of unchallenged headers they had at the back and middle of the park most annoying too.

As noted Fejiri is right off the boil at the moment, looks half the player he did last season for some reason, reminds me a bit of a "want away" Hawkins it terms of effort and attitude. Presuming he was one of the players we had offers for in the Summer, is his head right??

The lack of a proper left back contonues to bite, with Ling playing out of position last night. Nunn looks ok though. Kandi did wellwhen he came on and is definitely quick, remains to be seen if he can finish though, although he was unlucky with his run from the left when Howells somehow missed the rebound. I am also confused by the final substitution, it was a time to press for a result, not accept the point which taking Ferrier off seemed to indicate.

No one seems to be able to put a run together yet to pull away in the table though, all to play for. Need to stop the rot on Saturday though.