Rumoured new signing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Apparently we have signed Leatherhead's top scorer, who I believe is Chike Kandi. Anyone else heard about this or the fact that we've been looking for what I'm assuming is another striker?
DevonDagger

Strange one if true for me. Cheek (anyone know anymore about his injury btw - maybe it's related?), Romain, White, Bloomfield. I also believe Ferrier played as striker today.
Seems a bit overkill to me but trust the club if they see it necessary!
SUSSEX DAGGER

DevonDagger wrote:Strange one if true for me. Cheek (anyone know anymore about his injury btw - maybe it's related?), Romain, White, Bloomfield. I also believe Ferrier played as striker today.
The more I see of Morgan then the more I fear the next transfer window and to a lesser extent Ciorey. Let's face it if we can sell a bench warmer for good money then we are going to be flooded with enquiries for these two . Could be a sign of what we expect to happen rather then what has happened.
Oxhead

Could have a pair of cheeks up front
Dags58

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
DevonDagger wrote:Strange one if true for me. Cheek (anyone know anymore about his injury btw - maybe it's related?), Romain, White, Bloomfield. I also believe Ferrier played as striker today.
The more I see of Morgan then the more I fear the next transfer window and to a lesser extent Ciorey. Let's face it if we can sell a bench warmer for good money then we are going to be flooded with enquiries for these two . Could be a sign of what we expect to happen rather then what has happened.
Bench warmer who's goals and performance's that got us in playoffs you have short memory. Now in League 1 good luck to him and who will be next player for your sarcy comments....
matt_drfc

Dags58 wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Bench warmer who's goals and performance's that got us in playoffs you have short memory. Now in League 1 good luck to him and who will be next player for your sarcy comments....
Christ, we know you're related to Hawkins, but give it a rest now. There must be a Portsmouth forum knocking about where you can tell everyone how good he is.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The more I see of Morgan then the more I fear the next transfer window and to a lesser extent Ciorey. Let's face it if we can sell a bench warmer for good money then we are going to be flooded with enquiries for these two . Could be a sign of what we expect to happen rather then what has happened.[/quote]
Bench warmer who's goals and performance's that got us in playoffs you have short memory. Now in League 1 good luck to him and who will be next player for your sarcy comments....[/quote]

Christ, we know you're related to Hawkins, but give it a rest now. There must be a Portsmouth forum knocking about where you can tell everyone how good he is.[/quote]

Oh do me a favour he ain't scored since Santa Claus came down the chimney and I see lasted 45 minutes today before being hooked . It's also a fact that he was not in our starting 11 when he left

His a skate now and for that reason alone he will get bags off me.
IanC

Agree punching way above his pay grade,liked him at our place but never league 1 player.And they won't play to his strengths either.
DevonDagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Oh do me a favour he ain't scored since Santa Claus came down the chimney and I see lasted 45 minutes today before being hooked . It's also a fact that he was not in our starting 11 when he left

His a skate now and for that reason alone he will get bags off me.
Just to mention that he wasn't "hooked" after 45.
He was stretchered off after a nasty collision and needed 6 stitches.
Dags58

IanC wrote:Agree punching way above his pay grade,liked him at our place but never league 1 player.And they won't play to his strengths either.
I think you need to go to Specsavers after so many clubs wanting him and now found this on Youtube pity some of you on here have always hated him but did well last year check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHfHkU9Fnm8
Dagger83

I thought he was shit but after watching that video my opinion has changed. Call up to England next I think.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

Hawkins was pretty anonymous in the league 2 games he had. He had a great season last year although dried up goalwise in February l think. Rest of season didn't do much and this season couldn't get a start until someone got injured.I hope he does well at Portsmouth but I truly think that level is far more demanding and Pompey won't suffer him firing blanks very long. Phil Ifil played for spurs and Chris Dickson played in the European champions league so just cos clubs show interest I don't think it means they found the next messi. Josh Scott and Brian Woodall were both better players than Hawkins and they were proven at lg 2 level. I want him to do well honestly but I reckon his level is this league and this was a massive punt by Portsmouth.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Did I really just waste nearly two minutes of my life watching a load of fish fiddlers chanting his name.

Things have been desperate for a long time down at Portsmouth I did not know how desperate mind.

Anyhow getting back to the point nobody hated him just highlighting what a good deal we got for a player who could not and would not at this present time get in our team.

As for this romour well his scoring record ain't bad but he has had chances elsewhere so if true wonder why he has only just come on the bosses radar
IanC

Dags58 i do go specsavers and have done for a few years now,and agree with most that he is a cracking player.I happen to really like Ollie and am still sad we lost him and I'm also chuffed to bits he got a great move.But I certainly don't expect this to turn out great for him because I think it's too high a level for his talents.I hope indeed he proves me and others wrong but sadly I don't think he will,but eh fingers crossed.
IanC

Sorry forgot to add what was the point of that stupid YouTube video!