Would our ladies football team be good enough for this .

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

A new idea from the FA for women`s football
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41127545
Auntie Merge

I don't think it is currently sustainable.

A long while a go I used to train with Leyton Orient Ladies. I remember when a new national division was set up and clubs didn't want to participate because of the cost of travelling etc.

Unless the FA is going to continually subsidise women's clubs to a far greater extent in the long term, then it won't be popular for any club other than the richest.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Would. Like to see the FA fund all Clubs to bring on ladies teams.

Perhaps when artificial pitches become the norm and they will mark my words there will then be opportunities for the Women to play before the Men and immediatly try to fed off a captive audience.

Really do think the Women's game will grow and when artificial pitches are the norm and you can see the potential of playing ganes along with the men's game
ayrisdagger

Will they be playing at Victoria Road? Would love to see this. I follow Arsenal as a womens team as it is closest and are quality to watch. I watch more Womens international football than mens. The womens footballers have so much character whereas the men do not.
Mark

Standard is diabolical but the character is so much better than the men's game at the top level.

I guess a lot of the appeal of a non league club that led us to daggers is similar to the one that leads people to women's football.

Having said that, already the big men's clubs are trying to buy success for the women's team for nothing more than a vanity exercise. For relatively small loss compared to the men's side they can run a top team. It is artificially inflating wages to make full time teams more prevalent. But without TV money and fans the bottom will soon fall out.
ARNU

I see no harm in it and to my total amazement people do watch women's football,however women's football is terrible. As is women's cricket, golf, tennis and rugby. This isn't a mysogonistic outburst just a fact that the women's game is a very poor standard compared to the men's game.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:I see no harm in it and to my total amazement people do watch women's football,however women's football is terrible. As is women's cricket, golf, tennis and rugby. This isn't a mysogonistic outburst just a fact that the women's game is a very poor standard compared to the men's game.
Tell you what ARNU at least the women`s English football team play with more passion and heart than our over paid pampered stars and no doubt a few of them would probably beat quite a few men at some sports ( not including rugby ).Just think one day England might even win the world cup again not talking about the men`s team. :)
daggersjeff

Having been involved with ladies football for a number of years now, the Daggers ladies are a bit below this standard, as they have only just reformed.

However, I do feel they should be worthy of news items both on this forum and the Daggers main site.
I'd go and watch them, purely as they are linked to my club. As someone who refuses to use social media, following their fixtures and results can currently be troublesome.
Chigwellian

ARNU wrote:I see no harm in it and to my total amazement people do watch women's football,however women's football is terrible. As is women's cricket, golf, tennis and rugby. This isn't a mysogonistic outburst just a fact that the women's game is a very poor standard compared to the men's game.
..... but the women's American football teams in the lingerie league is second to none (as can be seen on sky sports)