NEW COMMERCIAL MANAGER NEEDED

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

As I've said before, i did work experience at daggers a few years back and he would literally scream at the paid staff.

I had to be in at 8:30 usually and a weekly meeting happened at 8. I came in to him screaming from that 8:30 moment all the way to 8:50. Nobody in the room said a word in the 20 minutes I was there apart from Thommo.
ARNU

If you don't like your job get another. If you don't like the way you're treated in your job get another job. Don't know anything about the individual here but people leave their jobs for all sorts of reasons. This thread feels like a vendetta against Thompson, like so many others before it. He may well be hard to work with, maybe he has high standards that weren't being met. Dunno ! Don't care.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger83

When did Arnu become the voice of reason?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Diggerthedog

Bullying is very serious in the workplace. I'm not saying this is the case but it could come back to bite the club on the bum. I once had a manger who thought he could intimidate and bully he got laid out on a night out by another employee, soon changed his tune after that.
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote:If you don't like your job get another. If you don't like the way you're treated in your job get another job. Don't know anything about the individual here but people leave their jobs for all sorts of reasons. This thread feels like a vendetta against Thompson, like so many others before it. He may well be hard to work with, maybe he has high standards that weren't being met. Dunno ! Don't care.
You'd care pretty much if the club found itself in an employment tribunal. Then you'd be wondering why no one said or did anything before it got to that stage.

I spend a lot of my time working with people who have been bullied in the workplace, helping them to recover and rebuild their careers, and the mental scars take a long time to heal. Most leave their jobs of their own accord. The bullies go on, and are often promoted.
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:If you don't like your job get another. If you don't like the way you're treated in your job get another job. Don't know anything about the individual here but people leave their jobs for all sorts of reasons. This thread feels like a vendetta against Thompson, like so many others before it. He may well be hard to work with, maybe he has high standards that weren't being met. Dunno ! Don't care.
ARNU you should care he`s our M.D. and so a leading figure for the club how he or anyone acts reflects on the club.
nomis

As far as I'm concerned bullying in the workplace is far worse than being bullied at school !

As an adult you should know better and like other's have commented the bully remains in the workplace to continue where they left off on their next unsuspecting employee . Absolutely no need or place for this in today's society as the long term effect it can have on the poor victim is very damaging .

I knew a lot of bully's who use to bully other kids at school age and as they grew up they knew it was wrong. They now look back at it in disgust. To do it to a fellow adult is even worse because you know what you are doing and it is uncalled for and to be honest not acceptable in any workplace environment

Having been in the workplace for 36 years now I have found that the best way to deal with these types is to approach them out of the workplace and give them a piece of your mind. One such victim I knew a few years ago was absolutely fantastic and on her last day made an emotional farewell speech to her work colleagues and slaughtered the offending bully verbally that everyone else who worked there gave her a round of applause
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote:
ARNU you should care he`s our M.D. and so a leading figure for the club how he or anyone acts reflects on the club.
Woah back there fella. This is all conjecture I believe based on a dislike of one person.

I repeat that as far as I am aware the lady in question resigned out of the blue and was not forced out.
dagger4eva

Id say this was more conjecture based solely on 1 persons history of treating and talking to people like something found on the bottom of their shoe.

Im sure Mr. Bennett is claiming she left "out of the blue" & wasnt "forced" to leave but then I dont believe anyone has said anything to the contrary... ??
mickeyblue

The Romford Dagger wrote:As I've said before, i did work experience at daggers a few years back and he would literally scream at the paid staff.

I had to be in at 8:30 usually and a weekly meeting happened at 8. I came in to him screaming from that 8:30 moment all the way to 8:50. Nobody in the room said a word in the 20 minutes I was there apart from Thommo.
this is a good thing to experience as obviously its not something that should be going on. others have said its simple get another job but imo no thats the wrong thing to do, if anyone gets bullied they should stand up and be counted, nobody like confrontation but in the workplace it happens so the earlier you get used to it the better.
running away is just as bad as the twat bullying, you will find that once 1 stands up more follow and roberts your mothers brother problem is over. worst way you get fired but with your pride intact.
but we finished 9th!
Auntie Merge

mickeyblue wrote:
running away is just as bad as the twat bullying, you will find that once 1 stands up more follow and roberts your mothers brother problem is over. worst way you get fired but with your pride intact.
I have to disagree here. Leaving the bullying situation is like leaving an abusive relationship. It is empowering. That you have a choice.
You don't have to choose abuse.

And when you stand up to the bullies, don't assume that others will follow. Very often you find you stand alone as others don't want to rock the boat.

I was bullied in school, bullied in the workplace with almost devastating consequences and have been in an abusive relationship. The second one took the most out of me. I still find myself on sleepless nights having the conversations I wish I'd had at the time. Workplace bullying stays with you for years.
NBDag

Is it not a form of bullying to automatically assume the worst from someone and publicly berate them when you have no substantial reason to? Thommo may have a history of this, which I wouldn't have a clue about if true, but unless there is something concrete showing this forced the poor girl out, then is it not wrong of us to be speaking like this? Bullying is wrong but people seem to think it's fine to bully a bully. Eye for an eye and all that. Flag thread also got locked for a lot less than this. #JeSuisFlag
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote:Is it not a form of bullying to automatically assume the worst from someone and publicly berate them when you have no substantial reason to?
What do you think that some of the posts were doing to the Commercial Manager that is leaving?
NickMurphy

Auntie Merge wrote:
NBDag wrote:Is it not a form of bullying to automatically assume the worst from someone and publicly berate them when you have no substantial reason to?
What do you think that some of the posts were doing to the Commercial Manager that is leaving?
I think you're stretching it a bit to suggest that any of the posts on here can be construed as bullying towards the outgoing Commercial Manager.
mickeyblue

Auntie Merge wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:
I have to disagree here. Leaving the bullying situation is like leaving an abusive relationship. It is empowering. That you have a choice.
You don't have to choose abuse.

And when you stand up to the bullies, don't assume that others will follow. Very often you find you stand alone as others don't want to rock the boat.

I was bullied in school, bullied in the workplace with almost devastating consequences and have been in an abusive relationship. The second one took the most out of me. I still find myself on sleepless nights having the conversations I wish I'd had at the time. Workplace bullying stays with you for years.
i never assume anything and id never run away. ive also stood up for many a collegue at work when needed. i'd much rather lose my job than have a guilty feeling for not doing right thing. people not saying anything is how bullies are aloud to carry on and get away with it for so long. quiting is not the answer in workplace.
abusive partners is completly differant get out asap but lots dont which is beyond me.
but we finished 9th!