Penalties

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

Had a bit of time on my hands so have done a bit of scouring through match reports and counted up the number of penalties we've scored and missed last season and so far this season.

Scored - 9

Missed - 6

Can keep this updated throughout the season.
Last edited by leewilson on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A S dagger97

How about a tally or a success rate for the takers as well. How many of those 10 scored were taken by corey? I know ferrier, JMD and Hawkins took 3 of the 5 we missed.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DaggerJoel11

Might also be good to note where the penalties went, for instance I know Corey tends to put his high to the keepers right with power, JMD put both of his bottom right last season and Hawkins would also go for the corners.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Auntie Merge

@daggerjoel

Why would you give the opposition the advantage by analysing that on a public forum?
NBDag

Calm down, any goalkeeper coach that isn't useless is already keeping records. Doubt they're going on forums to get tactics anyway. I think it would be interesting to maintain this for the season. Also to see who wins our penalties.
TommyD&R

It's been a problem since Rainford left. I might be wrong but I don't remember him missing one. Even Danny Green missed a few when Arber didn't nick pens off of him. Elito was probably the best we had in the last ten years, but overall I recon we've missed a lot more than we've scored in the last decade. Yet somehow we managed to score 14 on the bounce in the shootout against Orient!
ARNU

Daggerjoel be careful not to tell the opposition that if they hoof the ball up in the air our players will try to head it or if we get an opportunity we will try and get the ball in their net.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

See Whitely miss for all you need to know. Every club will have all the data from watching the highlights.
leewilson

A S dagger97 wrote:How about a tally or a success rate for the takers as well. How many of those 10 scored were taken by corey? I know ferrier, JMD and Hawkins took 3 of the 5 we missed.
I should have done this when compiling.

JMD missed on the opening day against Southport. Then Hawkins stepped up and scored a few before missing a few. Corey stepped up and has done pretty well although has missed once or twice. I imagine he'll carry on taking them when fit.
Adrian

Fejiri missed one away at Woking.

So the 5 misses are JMD, Fejiri, Hawkins, Whitely and Ferrier all missing one each.
leewilson

Adrian wrote:Fejiri missed one away at Woking.

So the 5 misses are JMD, Fejiri, Hawkins, Whitely and Ferrier all missing one each.
I miscounted then as I didn't realise Fejiri's was a rebound.

In that case, we've missed 6. I'll edit the OP.