Portsmoth game

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dags58

Wonder if many of us Daggers fans and Management will be watching Oliver Hawkins today on Sky Portsmouth v Rotherham and will be interesting if he starts the match any opinions?
stanton101

I genuinely hope it goes well for him, but personally I'll give him around 10 matches in their side, before the fans start to get on his back. I honestly believe he'd found his level in the conference and at times even that seemed beyond him. He could someways get away with it at our club, with small attendances and the odd moan, but Pompey are a much bigger club with good support home and away and I think he'll be found wanting, for me it is simply a step to far for him.
All that said, I hope I'm wrong and I hope he does well, but personally I can't see it.
Dags58

stanton101 wrote:I genuinely hope it goes well for him, but personally I'll give him around 10 matches in their side, before the fans start to get on his back. I honestly believe he'd found his level in the conference and at times even that seemed beyond him. He could someways get away with it at our club, with small attendances and the odd moan, but Pompey are a much bigger club with good support home and away and I think he'll be found wanting, for me it is simply a step to far for him.
All that said, I hope I'm wrong and I hope he does well, but personally I can't see it.
Stanton I know you are one of the Hawkins haters and hope you don't start on our new crop coming through successfully now read this article from today.....
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-8132317
SUSSEX DAGGER

Oh so anybody who says he ain't the next Rooney is a hater are they?

Stauton is just saying how he sees it, the whole point of this forum.

Ventured down to Fratton Park with my Rotherham mate and I hope he does well, but like Staunton he does not convince me and therefore if it looks like a duck walks like a duck a qwacks like a duck it's seldom a goose. That don't make me a hater it makes me a Person living in the world of reality.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RM1Dagger

Well he scored 18 goals last season before he was injured. Not back for a duck (albeit a very big one).Just because he went downhill after that doesn't mean he suddenly turned rubbish. Maybe the conference is his level but I'm not having it that he was nothing short of very good for us
Now the SE27 Dagger
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Oh so anybody who says he ain't the next Rooney is a hater are the.

Stauton is just saying how he sees it the whole point of this forum.

Ventured down to Fratton Park with my Rotherham mate and I hope he does well but like Staunton he does not convince me and therefore if it looks like a duck walks like a duck a awake like a duck it's. Rey seldom a goose. That don't make me a hater it makes me a Person living in the world of reality.
That wasn't what was said was it. Stanton101 dug Hawkins out from well before last season even started and ha shown now willingness to admit that Hawkins proved him very wrong last year.
Hawkins is the sort of player that you'd expect to get around 10-15 goals a season and he got 18.
stanton101

Dags58 wrote:
stanton101 wrote:I genuinely hope it goes well for him, but personally I'll give him around 10 matches in their side, before the fans start to get on his back. I honestly believe he'd found his level in the conference and at times even that seemed beyond him. He could someways get away with it at our club, with small attendances and the odd moan, but Pompey are a much bigger club with good support home and away and I think he'll be found wanting, for me it is simply a step to far for him.
Stanton I know you are one of the Hawkins haters and hope you don't start on our new crop coming through successfully now read this article from today.....
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-8132317
At what point did I say I hated the fella?
I don't dig anyone out, unless I think they're not up to scratch and as I've said many times before I didn't think he was. Nothing's changed.
I've read the article you described. And hurrah for kenny jacket, big deal. So he thinks Oliver can cut it, good for him, I hope he does.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well it would be unfair to judge him on that but one thing I am certain of is that he has joined a very poor team for the level.

It may be that he has backed the wrong horse when it is alleged others had shown interest.
DevonDagger

Portsmouth were indeed poor. I thought Hawks had a fairly good game. Should have won a penalty for getting kicked in the head but apparently even in league 1 the refs are still pretty unreliable.

Portsmouth fans on Twitter are needless to say unhappy, but quite a few picking him up as a positive point along with one or two of their other new signings. For those who didn't watch the game on TV, he had to come off after around 70 mins, complaints of feeling dizzy from the incident mentioned above.

Not a good start at his new club, but early days. Hope he has a great season.
NickMurphy

DevonDagger wrote:Portsmouth were indeed poor. I thought Hawks had a fairly good game. Should have won a penalty for getting kicked in the head but apparently even in league 1 the refs are still pretty unreliable.
Referee was Gavin Ward in fairness.