Roof question.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So we all know about my crusade to get a roof put on the Bury Road end. I reckon we should have a stand like the one we stood in at Maidstone there. There's a nice bit of space behind the existing terrace and they could put a bar under it for all you alcoholics who go cold turkey if they aren't pissing it up at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Come on Glynn get yer Hawkins money out and get building.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TommyD&R

As soon as it got announced I had a feeling it'd be like the Maidstone one. Didn't take long for them to build at all. Not a fan of the safe standing style rails though, I like a bit of freedom to move around during the game.
dagger4eva

I actually suggested the bar behind goal idea to Glynn last saturday, he liked the idea and said he would get it done. Cant say fairer than that!

Its quite simple, tarmac it all, fill the old club shop with fridges stocked with bottles, knock a serving hatch through the other side of it, stick up a large canopy type thing and maybe stick some heaters on it for the colder periods and bobs ya uncle!!

Small fortune to be made out of it I think!
ARNU

What announcement? Have I missed something? Are they really gonna build the Arnu stand ? LoL!!
I like the safety bars between rows. I prefer to lean on something, im normally at the front row of the sieve leaning on the wall or sitting occasionally in the Carling. To be brutally honest I'd fill it with seats and have a standing section at the back for the choir.
ARNU

I wonder if they'd let me cut the ribbon when they open it.
Richie

Why would we waste money building a stand there? It's not needed.
Mark

Rails are fine if they're spaced correctly. At Maidstone they seemed to think you could go 2 deep behind each barrier. Which I guess you could if you want to be in body contact with the person in front.
ARNU

It's an aspiration. An optimistic sign that we wish to better ourselves.

Are you really saying you'd rather not have a roof and a better ground ?

Do we really need it probably not , should we have it ? Absolutely!! Better facilities will attract more income. More income is good.
GideaParkDagger

Why have a stand when we can't even fill the Bury Road End??
ARNU

Mark wrote:Rails are fine if they're spaced correctly. At Maidstone they seemed to think you could go 2 deep behind each barrier. Which I guess you could if you want to be in body contact with the person in front.
Yeah definitely a bit too close. I had people standing right behind me goosing my arse ( I'm sure accidentally)
ARNU

GideaParkDagger wrote:Why have a stand when we can't even fill the Bury Road End??
Ain't being funny but you could fit us all in the tbs and shut the terracing and the carling altogether. Maybe more would go in it if it were a better facility.
Richie

ARNU wrote:It's an aspiration. An optimistic sign that we wish to better ourselves.

Are you really saying you'd rather not have a roof and a better ground ?

Do we really need it probably not , should we have it ? Absolutely!! Better facilities will attract more income. More income is good.
More income is good. But I don't see how a roof will generate enough income to pay for itself. The comment on here about turning the club shop into a bar is a great idea though.
TommyD&R

ARNU wrote:What announcement? Have I missed something? Are they really gonna build the Arnu stand ? LoL!!
I like the safety bars between rows. I prefer to lean on something, im normally at the front row of the sieve leaning on the wall or sitting occasionally in the Carling. To be brutally honest I'd fill it with seats and have a standing section at the back for the choir.
We are building a new stand there next summer aren't we? Or am I going mad?
mickeyblue

TommyD&R wrote:
ARNU wrote:What announcement? Have I missed something? Are they really gonna build the Arnu stand ? LoL!!
We are building a new stand there next summer aren't we? Or am I going mad?
yes was one of the first things the new board announced along with a bar behind it where old programme shop is.

i think arnu should pay for it
but we finished 9th!
leewilson

ARNU wrote:I wonder if they'd let me cut the ribbon when they open it.
Only if you eat a hat whilst doing so! #neverforget