HAWKINS .....GONE !

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Richie

I wish him well. Some good memories of his goals last season.

Probably a good move for all parties.
Lcbdagger

Keep the current front four fit for two thirds of the season and we will be ok. Good move for all parties of they met our valuation and hopefully kills off any moves for Corey.

Interested to see if we look at loads or stick with what we have
SUSSEX DAGGER

Richie wrote:I wish him well. Some good memories of his goals last season.

Probably a good move for all parties.
The local skates want a full report on him.

Don't know weather to tell them they have a gem or remember Ageyman well this is pay back time.

As you say may be best for all parties, obvious something was not right and anybody who is here has to buy into the Dagger mentality, there can be no hiding from the fact that he lost that and therefore serves us no purpose.

Now use the money to secure Whiteley and Ferrier with improved contracts
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daggernewbie

Now lets buy a left back with the money.
Auntie Merge

Good luck to him. I hope he scores lots of goals for them and they sell him on further, resulting in more cash for us.
RayleighDagger1986

Strengthen the squad with the money. A striker and a left back pls Stilly.
We have the guy from Torquay to come in once fit after an injury. He can play wide so competition ti come once everyone fit!
leewilson

To be fair to Nomis, he was spot on and I think he's been quite truthful with everything he's posted on here over the past few weeks. Some people are too quick to discredit. Not everything is a lie.
lupins

Maybe there was too much unnecessary information attached to the bare facts
ARNU

Good luck to Hawkins his efforts last season were worthy of a move. He'll have to hit the floor running at Pompey or he'll be at ebbsfleet on loan or one of the other daggers grave yards pretty soon. He wasn't doing anything of note this season so for that reason alone that is why I won't miss him. His heart was elsewhere. How much did we get for him do you reckon ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Phippo

Best of luck Ollie. Although he did a job for us last season, I'm "satisfied" he's gone rather than the other targets! Hurry up and shut that window! :roll:
mickeyblue

Great move for the lad obviously got a big pay rise for a pretty big club.
Hopefully we got a sensible price with a nice big sellon clause
Wish him well
but we finished 9th!
DevonDagger

I'm gutted he's gone, but pleased he's got his move that is well deserved. Also a bit relieved because if he were to stay, I think the microscope on his performances of late were likely only likely to focus more on him - some of the criticism he'd had has been unfair and I expect a continuation of that would be likely. Really wish him all the best and hope he goes on to great things like Dwight did.

It would appear no replacement is likely. I'd have welcomed a signing with the cash (which I'm ridiculously keen to know what we got!) but Joe White immediately signing a new 3-year deal looks like a statement of intent that we're happy with what we have. I was thinking about this earlier and I certainly think Mason Bloomfield is worth a shot (looks like Joe might be more likely to get the chances though). Either way, replacing him with our own is an approach I approve of since we have Cheek anyway.

Final thing which I can't help but post with nomis' posts on Hawks. I know he probably thinks I'm dead against him from previous threads. But honestly I was (and will likely remain) sceptical of either "in the know posts" or someone who knows someone.
- Admittedly I was sceptical of your post overall, similar "I've heard from...." posts are made all over football forums on a regular occurrence and are often fodder, I'm sure you know this too.
- Even if true and you knew his uncle (which at least looks more likely given your posting time regarding this) - I was sceptical of the info you were given. I still struggle to believe that he was refused to be involved without signing a new deal, etc. etc. This was the point which bothered me personally most as it paints a poor picture of the club. This, I didn't have a problem with you with - but from where it came from initially.

That all said, I hope a line can be drawn under it all!
Mark

Probably the best business we've ever done.

Hope Joe can step up as we need good cover.
TommyD&R

Don't think we really need a replacement. Bloomfield was apparently very good in pre season, hopefully not a Tomlin, White looked decent in the short amount of time he played last week and was apparently very good at Wealdstone last season, Ferrier could play up top, maybe Romain if he can start adding goals to his game but I can't really see that happening.

Also, Whitely has got more Dagenham goals in 20 less games than the Hawk. Surprised no one has mentioned that.
BarkingRambo

Not the worse bit of business. He has been on a bad run of form recently. A lot of his goals last year I felt came from JMD or Fey shots that the keeper parried into his path (not to fully put him down that was half the basis of Van Nistelrooy and Chiquaritos careers). But our new signings seem to be very suitable replacements and are fitting in nicely. Till January when this whole trouble starts again with Ferrier or Whitely.

See that's not the only player in a daggers short at Portsmouth. Irish has just joined them I thought I saw