Line Up On The Carpet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

I don't recall many crosses into the box from us let alone 'raining in'
Now the SE27 Dagger
stanton101

RM1Dagger wrote:I don't recall many crosses into the box from us let alone 'raining in'
It wouldn't matter if they did, he'd never get on the end of one. If it's not put on a plate for him, he won't score. His positional play is dreadful.
I had hoped he'd learnt something from Benno, but sadly he hasn't. If we're offered anything for him, we should take it.
RM1Dagger

Well he scored plenty first half of last season when everything wasn't necessarily 'on a plate'. Out of form since injury and now limited due to Cheek/Ferrier but I think he deserves a chance to get back into a form and a goal might just do it for him.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dags58

The Hawkins hate club are out in force again.
He's most probably going tomorrow so who be your next victim to keep digging out and there will be one for sure.
Didn't see the other strikers scoring either on Monday and we should remember that he was top scorer last season even though he didn't score after January but his goals still got us in playoffs.
Hawkins as other strings to his bow and as Target man you would not have expected him to have scored that many Whiteley you would.
I do agree after January window with all the interest and bids from other clubs did unsettle him. I do also think McGuire Drew not featuring that much in the team around and after the transfer window and they linked up well together.Also you should look at the number of games he played compared to a lot of other players last season and felt he looked tired and burnt out sometimes .
My opinion Hopefully tomorrow we don't lose any other strikers as it could mean us not getting into the playoffs.
Daggerthroughmyheart

Good to see some support for Hawkins.
He is a good player and has potential to be a great player.
daggersjeff

Didn't get to the game as was away.

Surely if the decision was that bad( as said by many here) the Club will appeal it?

Therefore he shouldn't miss a game?
BB-Dagger

I'm sure that although you can appeal a straight red card you cannot appeal a yellow, but in saying that an appeal against a ban of more than one game may be successful if circumstances are taken into account.
NBDag

Bromley was my first game this season, and if how Hawkins has been used from the bench so far is the same as in that game, then I think it's a bit hard to be criticising his scoring record. Against Bromley he was constantly dropping back to receive the ball at his feet with about 2 of the attacking midfielders ahead of him. Still didn't seem to be annoyed at it so it must be what he was told to do and a player like Hawkins isn't going to be scoring when he's that deep. Which doesn't matter if we have players ahead of him who put them away for fun.
Mark

He definitely looked tired last season but doesn't seem to be sharp again yet. Maybe needs games.
ARNU

I'm not a Hawkins hater. I want him to do well. Is anyone saying he's not having a goal drought right now ? Is anyone saying he's shit ? Any striker that don't score and struggles to get picked needs to return to decent form that's all. If footballers are so delicate that a bit of stick ( home truths) on an Internet forum is affecting them probably should get down the job centre. They ain't moaning when we're singing their name and recognising when they do well. Rough with the smooth and all that. I reckon still should start him in defence and put him up for corners.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !