Exhibition match

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I thought today was like an exhibition match. Don't think we did a lot wrong. Corey's goal was brilliant, not sure why Hawkins came on for cheek, he was on a hat trick and I reckon he'd have got it. Still Hawkins headed the ball twice and won us a throw in. Great game and top of the league, only unbeaten team this season too. Looking forward to Monday now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Absolutely fantastic performance.

For every bit as Bromley were poor, we (particularly going forward) were top notch.

Pace, movement, creativity. We are 1 hell of a handful attacking wise and there wont be many teams able to live with us in that dept.

Was frustrated at the early Hawkins sub and thought we went off the boil at that point for a short time. However, am led to believe Cheek had an injury so nothing can do about that.

Really need to back that up with a good win on monday!

Happy days
Adrian

Cheek was pretty obviously hurt - didn't react at all to going off and it was less than 10 minutes into the half.
Not sure why a few chose to get on Hawkins back as soon as he was on and criticise pretty much everything he did.

Thought we pretty much bossed the game. We were solid defensively and it was funny to watch Porter get himself wound up. Only blip came from the idiot referee causing utter confusion with the blood injury.
We seemed to over do it quite a bit - Fejiri had a bit of a stinker and couldn't get much right and Ferrier should have had a hat trick.
Robinson adds so much in the middle, wins the. All in good places and gets the ball going forward.

Ling was excellent again, great cross for the first.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Got a game Monday Arnu, the gaffer probably has a game plan for plastic city.

If that involve's Cheek thing why risk him when job was done.
If it involves Hawkins then half hour in his legs is no bad thing.

Lets enjoy being top of League and unbeaten, the hard work is staying thete
NBDag

Think Cheek had a knock as the first thing he did after coming off was talk to Gowens, from what I saw.

Bromley were pretty shite and really didn't deserve a goal, was just lazy defending from us for their goal. We looked unstoppable going forward though and deserved about 9. Only complaints are that Robinson is not good enough cover for when Ling goes forward and Ferrier had 3/4 moments where he could have shot but he has opted to pass or take another touch. Whitely's goal was an absolute rocket and I'll be watching that over and over when I'm in bed tonight.

One thing I must say though, it might be too early in the season, but how shit is this league? This is a team that stuck 6 past Orient and were 2nd I believe before today. Tranmere, Hartlepool and Orient are all performing awfully too. If this is what the league is like this year then we will have to do something spectacularly awful to not go up.
TommyD&R

Some of the moves and link up play in the final third was quality. Could've been even more today. And also I think Whitely is becoming one of my favourite ever players over here, what a player!
Anyone know what Porter was arguing with a fan about at the side of the pitch when he came off? Good to see he's still an absolute helmet anyway.
Daggernewbie

What did I think of today`s game not enough goals but seriously what a difference it made by attacking all game missed a load of chances,the defence looked a lot better ,ball movement great ,got stuck in when needed as for our attack frightening,a team playing against us will never know who will score so can`t just cover one player,over all the team is starting to gel really well if someone from Maidstone was here today love to know what they say when they report back. So bring on Maidstone C.O.Y.D.
RM1Dagger

Everyone has pretty much said it.. struggling to think of a better performance in recent memory.

Cheek and Ferrier terrorised their defence, the latter for me shading MoTM but no complaints.

Thought Hawkins did well when he came on, held the ball up well as he does and linked play. Needs a goal and if we could get him anywhere near his best like this time last year then we'd have great strength in depth up front.
Now the SE27 Dagger
JFJBENSTEAD

My first home game of the season.

Quite simply, brilliant day. New bar is lovely and the Daggers Ale is a lovely pint.

Excellent performance. Whatever you say, we'll be an entertaining side to watch this season.

Up the Daggers!
Auntie Merge

Brilliant match. Could have so easily been 6-0, 7-0 or 8-0.
We're playing like a team with multiple options up front.
All the players continue to impress and Sam Ling just gets better and better.

It looked like Cheek was injured. Great that Morgan got on the score sheet and Whitley was awesome.
Lcbdagger

Absolutely frightening going forward as people have said... goal threat not from one striker but from any one of four up front.

Quite likely at some point to get the 6-0 we always joke about on here!!

Even better news that the defence had one more week of weakness as it was a guaranteed BTTS game on the coupons at the start... I didn't think they had a goal in after the first half an hour

On to Monday, still unbeaten and most of the 'big teams struggling
steeevooo

Great result today, again we look so good going forwards, but still look dodgy at the back - there were a few occasions in the second half when if Bromley had managed to find a crossfield ball that they would have had two on none at the back. But we seriously look a good unit going forwards.

Just to correct arnu though - we're not the only unbeaten team in the league...they may be only 12th, but having won 1 and drawn 5 of their first 6, ebbsfleet are also still unbeaten!
Alan

Excellent, although we might have had several more. Whitely, Ferrier and Cheek look a real handful.

Bizarre refereeing with the cut/throw in delay after which we seemed to get caught cold for their goal. The failure to book their number 5 for repeated pulls, nightly fouls and the trip on Ferrier was just pathetic.
Adrian

The referee was appalling.

A clear booking in the first half for their player and he just talks to him and does a ridiculously over the top "no more" signal. And then doesn't speak to another one of their players despite numerous fouls.
The bookings of Robinson and Ferrier were jokes. Robinson hadn't done a thing wrong all game, and that booking was followed by at least 5 similar or worse fouls be their players. Ferrier tried to stop the ball missed. Porter deliberately kicked the ball away in the first half after having been spoken to for his strop.
And their centre back waved his hands in the linesman face and wasn't even spoken to.

The officials were weak.
Dagdale

Best day I've had at the ground for ages, fantastic game plan Daggers and what really turned me even when we were 'cruising' at 3-1 we just don't stop creating and going forward to try and add more, all the team were spot on today and so too were those two Bromley boys leaving five minutes early below us in the TBS and applauding our side and us, that will stay with me for quite a while along with our team's outstanding display.