Transfer Window

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dags58

After our reasonable start to the Season do you think we will lose any player's in this transfer window surely some clubs are watching Corey and maybe Portsmouth might make another bid for Hawkins who is keeping the bench warm at the moment for some reason?
ARNU

Sell Hawkins I think he's surplus to our needs this season , and get a good price for Corey. He's clearly a talented player we shouldn't stand in his way. There'll be others out there.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dags58

ARNU wrote:Sell Hawkins I think he's surplus to our needs this season , and get a good price for Corey. He's clearly a talented player we shouldn't stand in his way. There'll be others out there.
I agree with you ARNU about Hawkins and how much money did we turn down from Portsmouth several bids and the other clubs who have made offers.Corey would cost someone with £500,000 to spend in this window which ends next week.
Hawkins will run down the last year of contract if we don't offload him by the end of the month and we could bring in more players with the money.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Sell Hawkins I think he's surplus to our needs this season , and get a good price for Corey. He's clearly a talented player we shouldn't stand in his way. There'll be others out there.
Would imagine any of our players are availiable if the price is right, that's why they are still here because we have higher opinion of our Stars then those looking to buy.

With th defending in this League , Fylde are the latest to gift us, Other Clubs are perhaps taking a more
Objective view and to be honest I don't blame them.

Since we have been back at this level, I am interested in Peoples view on the matter, how many defenders have gone on to excel at a higher level , not many if any.

We have a crop of Players at the moment that are exciting us but it is pretty obvious that the market does not share our excitement . Hawkins is a prime example, the money we are asking appears to have scared off the interest . The Club reportedly interested in him have recently been taken over, lesson there by the way the big noise they made about them being a fans own club did not last long but that's another matter, and pull in home gates of 17k each week. They surely if anybody could afford to take a speculative punt but like us when we took him think there is a risk and that risk is not worth taking at the price.

Like many I think we have an exciting team but it remains to be seen if they can do it at a higher level, the market place does not seem convinced and it looks like they may have to do it with us if they want to prove themselves.

As for Corey it was only 18 months ago that Enfield were demanding a fee for him , we waited until he was a free agent and anybody could have snapped him up ,nobody did .
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Transfer windows means nowt most of our top players have been sold outside the window. I think we need all the players we currently have and unless an ideal replacement is lined up we should not be selling.
Dags58

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Would imagine any of our players are availiable if the price is right, that's why they are still here because we have higher opinion of our Stars then those looking to buy.

With th defending in this League , Fylde are the latest to gift us, Other Clubs are perhaps taking a more
Objective view and to be honest I don't blame them.

Since we have been back at this level, I am interested in Peoples view on the matter, how many defenders have gone on to excel at a higher level , not many if any.

We have a crop of Players at the moment that are exciting us but it is pretty obvious that the market does not share our excitement . Hawkins is a prime example, the money we are asking appears to have scared off the interest . The Club reportedly interested in him have recently been taken over, lesson there by the way the big noise they made about them being a fans own club did not last long but that's another matter, and pull in home gates of 17k each week. They surely if anybody could afford to take a speculative punt but like us when we took him think there is a risk and that risk is not worth taking at the price.

Like many I think we have an exciting team but it remains to be seen if they can do it at a higher level, the market place does not seem convinced and it looks like they may have to do it with us if they want to prove themselves.

As for Corey it was only 18 months ago that Enfield were demanding a fee for him , we waited until he was a free agent and anybody could have snapped him up ,nobody did .
Why are we asking £300,000 Hawkins we did'nt pay that much for him , he was on fire up to the New Year and think he could cut it in the EFL he will run down his contract like Corey did at Enfield Town and leave on a free next year.Wonder what the other players and Corey think about us turning down offers from several clubs for Hawkins and stop him playing at a higher level
If our forward line keeps banging in goals many scouts will be attending our games every week maybe more offers for them from EFL Clubs.
Daggernewbie

Why would anyone want Corey sold he`s putting the ball in the net for us,as for Oliver Hawkins you never know he could start firing again hopefully the club see there is no need to get rid of anyone and maybe bring in another couple of defenders.
ARNU

It's just business. We are a club with a tiny income, we also promise these lads that if they do well we won't stand in there way. Half a million to d and r probably keeps the club going another year. I agree we need Corey and players like him if we're gonna go up but financial survival is probably more important.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:It's just business. We are a club with a tiny income, we also promise these lads that if they do well we won't stand in there way. Half a million to d and r probably keeps the club going another year. I agree we need Corey and players like him if we're gonna go up but financial survival is probably more important.
I don`t think we got to worry about the money side with Glyn at the helm ( when all the all the paper work is sorted out ),I know they always say they won`t stand in the way of a player wanting to better themselves I`m hoping they want to get us back into league two and stay.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Makes me laugh all these valuations of our players . One view I have seen is 500k for Whiteley.

Now there is a certain player who scored 35 goals last season for a relegated Club in this league, that is only 3 short of Hawkins and Whiteley tally put together . In the summer he left the relegated Club and the best offer he got was Dagenham and Redbridge and he was a free agent ffs.

That fact alone makes some of the valueation some fans have put on our players as laughable and may also
be a reason why Pompey allegedly only went as far as they did in respect of Hawkins
DI Mike Dashwood

Turn it in Sussex, don't go ruining things by putting out any realistic points.

We should only sell Hawkins or Corey if bids of GBP 1m come in. We don't need to sell so anything below that should be rejected.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Agree Mike but if my points lack any logic then the market place won't of that I am certain
Diggerthedog

A bid was accepted for Hawkins and he chose not to go. We don't need to sell now like before as we have Glyn. Thanks Glyn as it makes us barter a bit harder.
Alan

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Turn it in Sussex, don't go ruining things by putting out any realistic points.

We should only sell Hawkins or Corey if bids of GBP 1m come in. We don't need to sell so anything below that should be rejected.
£1m for Hawkins? I don't know if this is an ironic post
Mark

I'm sure our valuations aren't unrealistic we just aren't being bent over any more. Gayle deal turned out brilliant in the end but could easily have gone sour had he got injured in that loan debacle. Selling Benson on the last day of the window with no replacement lined up cost us another season in league 1.

Teams like Lincoln are doing it right, got promoted before selling Raggett and got him back on loan to give them time to find a replacement.

Fwiw I've never thought Hawkins is as good as the others we've sold on. It made sense to keep him last winter due to going for promotion but I think the time is right now. If we get 6 figures I think it's worth taking and using some of the money to pay wages of a free transfer or a loan player.

Corey however is absolutely key and I'd be expecting a lot before we entertain bids. He might not be worth as much as Gayle but he's probably that important to us to quote an inflated price. He isn't getting any younger though and now is probably the time for him if he's going to step up.