Transfer Window

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Dags58 wrote:...My opinion and doesn't look good on our club and sit well with me.
When the original offer was rejected, Ollie was on a good run of form. If we had 'cashed in' at that time, I'd suggest most folks would've not been happy with us letting our top-scorer go - especially whilst in the midst of a promotion push.

For a variety of reasons, Ollie now finds himself out of the team. Each and every single professional football player will find himself in that position at some point - how they deal with & respond to it can often define their future career.

Hawkins is coming on in most games - it's not like he's been banished to train with the U12s. I felt for him in our first match, when he fluffed a pretty straightforward one-on-one chance - might've got him going again.

My personal opinion is that I'm 100% fine with the approach Stilly is taking. If Ollie comes on as sub and makes a significant impact, he may force himself back into the first team - it really is down to him.
Auntie Merge

Good post Kevin. I'm wondering too what sort of effect all the discussions about him are having on him personally. He is still a young player, influenced easily by whatever messages he is receiving, and is obviously close to his family, including those who may have indirectly given information posted on another thread here. None of it will help his confidence.

John Still clearly said that the offer for Hawkins had been far, far less than is rumoured. We are in the fortunate position we don't have to accept derisory offers for players any more. Say we let him go for £75k. So many are likely to criticise the club for not holding out.

I'm guessing there are lots of reasons why he isn't getting a full game, and probably the biggest one is due to our forward line being on fire at the moment.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The fact he is out the team as a starter may well be for tactical reasons. Who knows the boss may decide in any game soon that including him is the better option. Horses for courses and all that.

The fact a player is left out don't always mean it's because of form or the boss losing confidence in him.

He remains a valuable asset to this Club and. I know I keep banging on about it but not only is he a threat in the opposition box but he has been very useful in our own .

As for valueation it's not only what he is worth in regard to his goal scoring record but he has added value to us because of what he gives our squad.

It seems that it's time for the player to make the decision, we must have offered him a new contract and only he can decide as to if he wants that security, football by its very nature is a game where an injury is only just around the corner.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just a change of tact. When we leave European Union under Brexit is there a possibility that we could change
Contract law in this Country and end the Bosnian ruling. Just a thought
Dagger83

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Just a change of tact. When we leave European Union under Brexit is there a possibility that we could change
Contract law in this Country and end the Bosnian ruling. Just a thought
Never liked those Eastern Europeans anyway.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dags58

Auntie Merge wrote:Good post Kevin. I'm wondering too what sort of effect all the discussions about him are having on him personally. He is still a young player, influenced easily by whatever messages he is receiving, and is obviously close to his family, including those who may have indirectly given information posted on another thread here. None of it will help his confidence.

John Still clearly said that the offer for Hawkins had been far, far less than is rumoured. We are in the fortunate position we don't have to accept derisory offers for players any more. Say we let him go for £75k. So many are likely to criticise the club for not holding out.

I'm guessing there are lots of reasons why he isn't getting a full game, and probably the biggest one is due to our forward line being on fire at the moment.
Hawkins had £200K bid????? From a League1 club really I'm saying no more believe what you want......
Norris also knows the truth as said in earlier post.
Alan

You mean the post that hawkins wasn't allowed to train with first team and wouldn't be picked unless he signed a new contract? That was the one made 2 days before he played for the first team.

Hawkins might not be first choice, but you need options off the bench. What sort of a squad would you have if you flogged anyone you dropped?
Richie

I'd hazard a guess that Dags58 is a member of the Hawkins family who thinks posting on here will somehow get him a move. Seems a little obsessed with the one topic, but at least it doesn't involve a flag!

I'm a big Hawkins fan, would have him in the team ahead of Cheek.
DevonDagger

nomis wrote:Dags58..........

I know your speaking the truth mate , but I'm staying out of this one
I got a right ear bashing from fellow Dagger supporters for reporting the truth a few weeks back about Hawkins and how negative it was to spout utter garbage etc

You and me know the truth Dags58 ;)

Your hitting your head against a brick wall on this one my friend and best to keep things like this to yourself

Personally I know what your reporting is true
I can't be arsed to post anything that I know is true as it will only get commented on as bullshit from past experience

Such a shame having a fans forum when the fans have a dig at fellow supporter's supposedly reporting stuff that ain't true !

You can take each article for what it's worth and make your own judgement , but if you choose to believe everything the club tell you then you are barking up the wrong tree

Think I'm stirring up shit ........
Far from it
Nomis,

First and foremost, I think you've taken offence previously where you needn't had. You've sworn and criticised people here where, reading back at on the ohter thread, at worst people are sceptical of you. I don't know how familiar you are with football forums in general, but 'in the know' posts are far from uncommon and regularly turn out to be rubbish - I'm sure you can appreciate why they might be no different here. I'm not stating this is certain in your, or Dag58's case, however I personally find there to be holes in your claims:

1) You have just stated here towards Dag58 that "we know the truth" - I refer you to the below from the previous thread where you state "IF TRUE" - twice to words of that effect. When did ifs become absolute fact? You also correctly pointed out that if it were true it would come out in the wash. I'm afraid there has been no sign of such.

2) Your previous thread also claimed Hawkins would be frozen out if he does not signed a new deal. He's played, have you heard of him signing a new contract?

Edit: I also wish to reiterate that I am a big fan of Ollie. I completely agree with Sussex that he's more than just a goalscorer to us, would be pleased if he were to stay on for another season. I personally would be starting him most games, but then again I don't take the training sessions or have qualifications in football management!
nomis wrote: Re: Oliver Hawkins SHOCK NEWS UPDATE !
Postby nomis » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Inside information is not what I have my friend !

What I am reporting is something that IF TRUE is very upsetting for both player and club

I would rather it was all a MASSIVE LIE and not true

If it is true it will all come out in the wash , and whether it be me reporting it , or the Barking & Dagenham Post .....

Get over the fact that I am some Mr Meanor who is out to cause rife within the club

I could of kept my mouth shut and said ****** all and kept all this info to myself BUT I was basically telling it how it's been said and thought all true Daggers fans would want to know be it good or bad depending how you view it
Last edited by DevonDagger on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

Hawkins had a good run first half of last season. But went off the boil. Prior to that struggled in league 2 the season we went down. If he can't produce the performances he simply won't get picked. I think he'd be pretty mediocre in league 2 and he's been very mediocre since January. This is a fact. Also he signed a contract which I'm sure he's drawing wages from so he needs to honour it and do his best to impress John still then us. So far he's been a half season wonder in what was a pretty easy league last season. I like the guy and want him to do well but why would you pick him if he's not doing the
bizzo?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dags58

1'm not a member of Hawkins family and don't think posting stuff on this forum is going to get him a move.
Just thought Daggers fans would want to know what goes on with our club and players.
Richie

Okay, I look forward to hearing your input on other club debates.
nomis

FFS............

Myself and Dag58 are not on trial here

I don't personally know who Dag58 is ! but I do know that the information he received is the same as mine

Dag58 - You and me both mate - as your of the same thinking as me regarding letting supporters know whats going on at our club
Apparently this is not what our fans want to hear if it doesn't make for pleasant hearing

Quite frankly I ain't bothered what you believe DevonDagger

I don't believe what "The Sun" or the "Daily Mail" newspapers print every day , but thats my own opinion as it's run by Murdoch who refuses to pay taxes etc

I just don't understand the negative comments directed in the direction of people who are basically saying what they have been told first hand regarding Oliver Hawkins

As for him playing first team footy after my comments etc ..........
Why was he not included in pre season match squads prior to my shock news horror headline ?
He was not injured yet all of a sudden was on the bench after a few comments were posted by me on here

I am not here to gain brownie points or upset any supporter I am just reporting what Iv'e been told and you can make your own judgement from that
Richie

nomis wrote:FFS............

Myself and Dag58 are not on trial here

I don't personally know who Dag58 is ! but I do know that the information he received is the same as mine

Dag58 - You and me both mate - as your of the same thinking as me regarding letting supporters know whats going on at our club
Apparently this is not what our fans want to hear if it doesn't make for pleasant hearing

Quite frankly I ain't bothered what you believe DevonDagger

I don't believe what "The Sun" or the "Daily Mail" newspapers print every day , but thats my own opinion as it's run by Murdoch who refuses to pay taxes etc

I just don't understand the negative comments directed in the direction of people who are basically saying what they have been told first hand regarding Oliver Hawkins

As for him playing first team footy after my comments etc ..........
Why was he not included in pre season match squads prior to my shock news horror headline ?
He was not injured yet all of a sudden was on the bench after a few comments were posted by me on here

I am not here to gain brownie points or upset any supporter I am just reporting what Iv'e been told and you can make your own judgement from that
Yep, that's how tactical decisions are made.

You act surprised that people don't believe 2 random faceless/nameless people on the internet, instead they believe the manager of the team.
nomis

You believe what you want Richie !

On the 18th July on a Tuesday night the Daggers sent out two squads out to play at Thurrock and Pitsea and he weren't in either squad

Thats very tactical

You keep on believing mate

When John Still was interviewed post match West Ham Stilly said he wanted to set the record straight re Hawkins and all the talk was about clubs coming in and not meeting the clubs valuation
Nothing was mentioned or said in that interview re Hawkins not being allowed to train with the first team etc

Obviously the club have their version of events and that's whats been officially said
Anyway that's me done on this subject matter closed
Can't be arsed having to defend myself on this anymore