Views From The Sieve

The Independent Dagenham and Redbridge forum

Email from Steve Thompson to 21 AWAY CLUBS

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Re: Email from Steve Thompson to 21 AWAY CLUBS

Postby lupins » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:40 pm

One of the most depressing threads ever started on this forum
It is particularly so when it purports to represent common views of supporters all 1400 of us. It doesn't
We all know the intention of the flag originally to make a point, that time has gone. The casual observer would not pick up that nuance and would probably think "tossers"
Hopefully our overseas Guam Supporters Club haven't seen it
lupins

Postby ThatRoundThing » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:31 am

" One of your directors has already been in touch with us regarding a very small section of your travelling fans causing a bit of trouble on away trips, and a possible problem with some of their flags"

I arrived on Friday at Fylde by car about 5.15 p.m after an horrendous journey that took some 7 1/2 hours.

We went to collect our pre ordered tickets and were greeted by this very friendly guy who gave me the impression of a full time paid employee of some ranking within the club. After exchanging pleasantries and opinions on how the game will go, how many fans are we expecting to bring, he as near as I remember quoted the above. He didn't quote who it was or the method of communication, but with his quote and others on this thread then I think it is a given that something had been said to Fylde from or on behalf of some person(s) with a high ranking at our club.

Therefore my opinion is that possible "libel" is way too strong for people discussing issues on an unofficial football club supporters forum. I also see no need for an apology or retraction at this stage as it seems to me that without nitpicking the actual words, the major subject matter of the correspondence seems to have been proved, if directors need an apology then produce a copy of the email sent, if that what it was, to the Supporters Club Committee for consideration.

I don't give a flying fig either way about flags, live and let live is my motto, nor do I have an axe to grind with any director of the club. But I do believe we have a Supporters Club that in the past have been leaned on quite heavily by raising funds for the club for various projects or emergencies.

I do not like the idea of decisions being made by director(s) of this club on behalf of Supporters (customers) that could affect some supporters without prior consultation with The Supporters Club.
ThatRoundThing

Postby Auntie Merge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:47 pm

I have personally spoken to Glyn Hopkin tonight and he has assured me that the matters raised in my original post will be discussed with the supporters club, the flag owners and the club. A meeting will be arranged shortly.
I am therefore locking this topic for the time being.
Auntie Merge

Previous

Return to Discuss all things Dagenham and Redbridge