Views From The Sieve

The Independent Dagenham and Redbridge forum

Email from Steve Thompson to 21 AWAY CLUBS

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Email from Steve Thompson to 21 AWAY CLUBS

Postby Auntie Merge » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:26 pm

I have been reliably informed, as mentioned in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2773

That Steve Thompson sent an email to all the clubs we have yet to play (including those at the end of the season)

1 - with photos of the North Korean flag, saying that it is banned at home matches
2 - informing them that we have troublesome fans

1 - the owners of the North Korean flag have not at any time been informed that it is banned from home games. Surely you tell the people who own the flag, and who yesterday travelled over 500 miles to see the game, that their flag is banned. Even at the fans forum it was clearly stated that the North Korean flag was NOT banned.

2 - the club statement clearly says that the club is dealing with the issue of the trouble and will be raising football banning orders, if necessary for what is a minority. Why then would you
personally alert all clubs we are travelling to, about problems unless it was for your own supporters - good and bad - to be persecuted. We all know what the away stewarding is like and now, most likely, we will be told that we are no longer welcome in bars and other places and have our lives as travelling supporters made an absolute misery. Do the club hate our support that much? This is no way to win the fans back to the club.

The irony is that all these actions make the club more than ever like North Korea.

I would like one question answered. Was this email approved by the whole board? Because if it was done by Steve Thompson off his own back, then he really needs to be curtailed and severely reprimanded. If it was a board decision, then the board need to understand the damage and hostility they have caused and rectify it, if possible.
Auntie Merge

Re: Email from Steve Thompson to 21 AWAY CLUBS

Postby Adrian » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Auntie Merge wrote:2 - the club statement clearly says that the club is dealing with the issue of the trouble and will be raising football banning orders, if necessary for what is a minority. Why then would you
personally alert all clubs we are travelling to, about problems unless it was for your own supporters - good and bad - to be persecuted. We all know what the away stewarding is like and now, most likely, we will be told that we are no longer welcome in bars and other places and have our lives as travelling supporters made an absolute misery. Do the club hate our support that much? This is no way to win the fans back to the club.

It's been mentioned that the stewarding at Eastleigh was inadequate and didn't help with the problems there.
From what I saw at Borehamwood, the stewards only took interest once the idiot set the flare off and couldn't do anything about it.

Maybe the point of contacting other clubs and telling them we have some idiots is so that those clubs can be better prepared to deal with the few?
And if the idiots are better dealt with then the rest of our supporters are less likely to suffer as a result of their actions.
Adrian

Postby SUSSEX DAGGER » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:02 pm

What worries me is all this talk about the behaviour of our supporters makes all of us vulnerable now.
We will be going to places were the home support think we are fair game when in fact the troublemakers have been dealt with and in many instances would never have travelled to some of the far flung places in the first place.

Really do think it's time the supporters Club demanded a meeting with the Board/Management were sensible discussions can be held, any open forum is only likely to end in even more hostility.

The Supporters Club have Officers elected and they before any meeting could canvass the views of supporters, the current boil needs lancing and bloody quick in my opinion as this is doing nobody any good.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Postby Auntie Merge » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:31 pm

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:What worries me is all this talk about the behaviour of our supporters makes all of us vulnerable now.
We will be going to places were the home support think we are fair game when in fact the troublemakers have been dealt with and in many instances would never have travelled to some of the far flung places in the first place.

Really do think it's time the supporters Club demanded a meeting with the Board/Management were sensible discussions can be held, any open forum is only likely to end in even more hostility.

The Supporters Club have Officers elected and they before any meeting could canvass the views of supporters, the current boil needs lancing and bloody quick in my opinion as this is doing nobody any good.

Totally agree. The club must hate us to have done this. It will bring nothing but trouble to those travelling, either collectively with the supporters club or on their own. Even putting us aside for the moment, why are the club so quick off the mark to destroy our friendly family club image to other clubs? What terrible PR.

All the good work has been undone; the club has reached a new low with this.
Auntie Merge

Postby Dagger83 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Yep, proves they hate us all. No doubt about it. Case closed.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dagger83

Postby NickMurphy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Auntie Merge wrote:have our lives as travelling supporters made an absolute misery. Do the club hate our support that much?

As long as you're not over-exaggerating, anyway.
NickMurphy

Postby Richie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Auntie Merge wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:What worries me is all this talk about the behaviour of our supporters makes all of us vulnerable now.

Totally agree. The club must hate us to have done this. It will bring nothing but trouble to those travelling, either collectively with the supporters club or on their own. Even putting us aside for the moment, why are the club so quick off the mark to destroy our friendly family club image to other clubs? What terrible PR.

All the good work has been undone; the club has reached a new low with this.

Not getting relegated or losing 5-0 at home to Cheltenham? It's a flag ffs.
Richie

Postby Daggernewbie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Sussex Dagger Russell has been asking for meetings about issues etc. but as of yet they never come back to us with a date,we are trying our best.
Daggernewbie

Postby Simmo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 pm

The first post in this thread contains many untruths, it's potentially" libellous and is causing unnecessary friction and unrest between supporters

Therefore an apology and retraction would be appreciated.
Simmo

Postby Chigwellian » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Well, what are the truths then?
Chigwellian

Postby Dagger83 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:36 pm

NickMurphy wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:have our lives as travelling supporters made an absolute misery. Do the club hate our support that much?

I don't think you're taking this seriously. Today, flags, tomorrow What? I've heard the luke warm tea is the next thing on the hit list.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dagger83

Postby Auntie Merge » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Simmo wrote:The first post in this thread contains many untruths, it's potentially" libellous and is causing unnecessary friction and unrest between supporters

Therefore an apology and retraction would be appreciated.

As a moderator of this forum, I believe my post to be a statement of fact, reported to me by those who were at the game and who had a copy of the email read to them.

If you would like me to remove the post, please send me a copy of the original email, so I can check the libel allegations against the facts as we know them, as there has been a lot of criticism about this forum suppressing bad news, at the club's whim.
Auntie Merge

Postby NickMurphy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Dagger83 wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:

I don't think you're taking this seriously. Today, flags, tomorrow What? I've heard the luke warm tea is the next thing on the hit list.

It's a slippery slope we're on.

Is there any way back?
NickMurphy

Postby Diggerthedog » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:03 pm

This is now becoming very petty, time to move on from the flag nonsense. I have a flag but will never take it to a home game again due the the stance on flags and all the fire certificate nonsense. My decision no bleating necessary from me just get on with it.

I think Simmo is right take the post down, Dave is a very honest member of the board and if he says it has untruths then I certainly believe him. You based your posts on comments from people at the game who may have a certain dislike for ST so they may have twisted a few things.

Bet Glyn Hopkin reads a lot of this bullshit and thinks why did I bother. Lock all these flag threads and move the **** on. We're 5 games in and unbeaten let's make the most of it.
Diggerthedog

Postby durnzo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:08 pm

fair point well made DTD. a bit hypocritical of me seeing as I've got stuck in to the flag debate, but as you say we're 5 games unbeaten, and an attacking force who can't defend so we're definitely getting our monies worth this season. If only us football fans could get as passionate about good things as we do bad, but that's all part of it.

Here's to what's shaping up to be a brilliant season, up the ******** daggers!!

Now, if we could start singing again that'd be bonza. ( sorry, couldn't resist!!)
durnzo

Next

Return to Discuss all things Dagenham and Redbridge