Rebuilding club /supporters relations

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

steeevooo wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:But it might be best if the discussion goes on hold until the club has the opportunity to speak to those (supporters club, flag owners etc) in person.
It's my understanding that the Supporters Club have sent requests to both Thommo and Paul Gwynn in regards to arranging said meeting for a couple of months now, and on each and every occasion have either been completely ignored or received a reply declining the invitation, so I wouldn't build your hopes up on a speedy resolution!
The Supporters Club Committee have asked numerous times for the club to meet face to face as Steeevooo stated ( flag issue ) but also to discuss ANY OTHER ISSUES that arise so we can help solve the problem/problems to the satisfaction of all parties,so all we can do is keep trying and maybe one day it may happen.
ARNU

I'm just curious, but have the supporters club got anything important to ask ? You can get an audience with the queen if it's important enough. If it's about flags and misbehaviour you don't need the chairman to read out the very clear rules again. As an occasional away supporter it's blatantly clear we have an imbecile element I can't see what the fuss is about this letter if it does or doesn't exist fact is we have a few idiots worth keeping an eye on.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

This ^
Daggernewbie

[quote="ARNU"]I'm just curious, but have the supporters club got anything important to ask ? You can get an audience with the queen if it's important enough. If it's about flags and misbehaviour you don't need the chairman to read out the very clear rules again. As an occasional away supporter it's blatantly clear we have an imbecile element I can't see what the fuss is about this letter if it does or doesn't exist fact is we have a few idiots worth keeping an eye on.[/quote
ARNU why do you think everything is about the flags and misbehaviour ,we are here to represent the Supporters Club Members if a member of the Supporters club asks for help we will give it within reason,that`s doesn`t always mean involving the board or individual director and we look at things from both sides of the fence.We always try and solve things by email but sometimes a meeting will be asked for,as for the flag issues this could have been solved months ago if club sat down with the individual when requested and we will never condone misbehaviour of any sort,say you were an innocent bystander that got thrown out with the trouble makers and we could help would you not ask for our help even if that involves meeting the director/directors ? One final word there are lots of others things that we put to the board that needs attention like new Programme stands and decent winter/waterproof coats it might not seem important in the big scheme of things but to the volunteers who sell the programmes it`s important.
Last edited by Daggernewbie on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

With the greatest of respect, it was you who started a thread about a flag, Daggernewbie, not Arnu.
ARNU

Daggernewbie wrote:
ARNU wrote:I'm just curious, but have the supporters club got anything important to ask ? You can get an audience with the queen if it's important enough. If it's about flags and misbehaviour you don't need the chairman to read out the very clear rules again. As an occasional away supporter it's blatantly clear we have an imbecile element I can't see what the fuss is about this letter if it does or doesn't exist fact is we have a few idiots worth keeping an eye on.[/quote
ARNU why do you think everything is about the flags and misbehaviour ,we are here to represent the Supporters Club Members if a member of the Supporters club asks for help we will give it within reason,that`s doesn`t always mean involving the board or individual director and we look at things from both sides of the fence.We always try and solve things by email but sometimes a meeting will be asked for,as for the flag issues this could have been solved months ago if club sat down with the individual when requested and we will never condone misbehaviour of any sort,say you were an innocent bystander that got thrown out with the trouble makers and we could help would you not ask for our help even if that involves meeting the director/directors ? One final word there are lots of others things that we put to the board that needs attention like new Programme stands and decent winter/waterproof coats it might not seem important in the big scheme of things but to the volunteers who sell the programmes it`s important.

Youre missing the point with the flags.The club don't have to grovel to anyone or ask nicely to remove them they can just do it. The general consensus on that issue is forget about it move on.Nobody cares about any flags and everybody knows that if they are in the remotest bit offensive to anyone they can be removed.

The supporters club does have a roll but surely minutae like this is wasting their time as well.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

Alan wrote:With the greatest of respect, it was you who started a thread about a flag, Daggernewbie, not Arnu.
I know I started the thread the flag was used as a point about the underhanded way the club has gone about things again, I also posted on the same thread and a separate post about the discount scheme at AFC Fylde only one person mentioned it right at the beginning also why hasn`t anyone else mentioned it or made any other suggestions about improving the relationship between us and the club all anyone seems to care about is the flag been mentioned.
Auntie Merge

Daggernewbie wrote:
Alan wrote:With the greatest of respect, it was you who started a thread about a flag, Daggernewbie, not Arnu.
I know I started the thread the flag was used as a point about the underhanded way the club has gone about things again, I also posted on the same thread and a separate post about the discount scheme at AFC Fylde only one person mentioned it right at the beginning also why hasn`t anyone else mentioned it or made any other suggestions about improving the relationship between us and the club all anyone seems to care about is the flag been mentioned.
It was mentioned at the fans forum that the club is looking into a loyalty scheme and they will announce details in due course.
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:
It was mentioned at the fans forum that the club is looking into a loyalty scheme and they will announce details in due course.
I know but as I said no one mentioned it or come up with any other ideas.
Alan

Daggernewbie wrote:
You started a thread about a flag, which, as Arnu has said, most people on here or who go to the ground don't care about. It's just not an issue to most people. I'm sure you don't mean it to come across as it does, but it really does seem pretty silly, as does expecting the club to supply winter coats for the people who sell programmes - do they not go out for the rest of week during winter?