Gravesend (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:Oh this place is lively must have had a dodgy result.

Ebbsfleet were the better side but we had the quality to get a draw. Unbeaten but can't defend very strange.
Fancy people expressing their opinions on things hey.
RM1Dagger

Well I think they were the better team for the first fifteen minutes say..after that it almost doesn't matter; if you're 3-1 up it's frustrating to give sloppy goals away which is what we did. Cracking strike from Ferrier worthy of winning the game. Hopefully a fit Doe will sure up the defence
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:

Ebbsfleet were the better side but we had the quality to get a draw. Unbeaten but can't defend very strange.
Fancy people expressing their opinions on things hey.
:roll:
durnzo

That is the human condition, people enjoy moaning more than anything. Although, to be fair there's not been much of that on here. I thought they looked like a side who hasn't lost this year and we still more than held our own. Also, it was a brilliant game of football in my humble so I left satisfied. It's nice to talk about football rather than misbehaving divs and sanctimonious narcissists.

YFD
Dagdale

It's a pleasure now to see a daggers side playing with real fire up front and some quality the more I see Morgan Ferrier the more I'm liking what a cracker of a goal but can't understand with four games in and looking how badly our defending was again tonight how Matt Robinson's not starting? Footnote Ebbsfleet United showed they have much potential, deserved a point tonight didn't bury their heads when going down three times and didn't they use their wingers well.
stanton101

I'd just like to see the Robinson we had before the injury back in his proper position. For all his versatility and have a go attitude Robson is not a midfielder. It should be him and Doey at the back. Hopefully we'll have Doey back soon to help shore up this leaky defence of ours. Fair play to them for coming back in to it, but a better side would've have given us a proper hiding tonight with our defending.
ARNU

What I liked about ebbsfleet was they didn't give up. They bought the game to us and spent plenty of time pressuring us. Their heads never went down.Very exciting game but a disappointing result. Stilly needs to sort out the defence, not convinced pennell or ling are good enough, Lokko ain't our player and n'gala is a bit slow . Attacking we're pretty sharp across the front. Midfield was a bit tired tonight, thought Boucard had s reasonable game. Hawkins appearing and doing nothing but signifying we're gonna concede soon after he gets on is becoming a habit. Ain't being funny but he ain't winning headers v a midget tonight. Can't see why he should get a start anytime soon on yet another anonymous run out. Half season wonder !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Tell you what Arnu he could show our two Centre half's a thing or two about heading a bloody ball. In fact the first touch he had was a clearing header in our box which was better then either of the two Centre half's managed all evening. In fact I would argue that the two and a half games he played at Centre half last season was better then anything I have seen from either of the current two in the last three games.

We did not win that game tonight because we needed a Midfielder and somebody in the heart of our back four who could head ,the fact we had both and did not use them in those roles makes the result hard to stomach.

Creig Robson is a better Centre half then either of the current two and that is a Fact.

Matt Robinson is a better Midfielder then Creig Robson that is a Fact.

We had one playing in Midfield and the other scratching his arse on the bench.

The defence is absolute shocking and there is no hiding place from that they were pulled all over the place at times .

Been a big fan of Cousins who has constantly got my vote in the Goalkeeper debate but he has to do better then then he did with the first goal tonight .

The positives has to be when we are going forward. We have scored enough in the first four games to win the lot . With the pace we have up top and out wide we will continue to win more penalties because defenders cant cope with it and we also have some very clever players up front, was impressed with Cheek tonight who was very clever on a number of occasions in either turning or rolling off his man.

However it has to be asked if both him and Ferrier are fully able to last the 90 minutes at the moment, Ferrier was gone again by the time he came off the third game in a row this has happened. If I am right then both are only going to improve and we will see even better from them.

Well done Ebsfleet you did not deserve to lose but we did not half make it easy for you to ensure you did not.
BB-Dagger

This game was exciting for any neutral but in my opinion this game showed why we shouldn't get too excited about this season,
Strikers, we will score goals no doubt about it , Ferrier looked immense and Whitely caused trouble whenever he had the ball (shame about the penalty!) Okenabirhie looked as though he was tired at half time and I cannot understand why he wasn't subbed instead of Ferrier, I thought we could have been 3 or 4 goals up at half time but what with the missed penalty and Lokko's header straight at the keeper we were perhaps unlucky.

Midfield were outplayed by Ebbsfleet and were always on the back foot, this was mostly due to the fact that Ebbsfleet are a good side worked hard and never gave up,

Defence was often clumsy and were lucky not to get exposed more, the third goal for them was a joke, how did no-one clear the ball out? hoofing is our strong point and before or after the first bounce the ball should have been in the Sterling industrial estate!

all in all a good game to watch even if a little frustrating at times, have to mention their keeper though, two outstanding saves, one from the penalty, hit hard top corner and he did well to get it away, and Whitleys free kick also top corner perfectly placed and once again an outstanding save, even a couple of Daggers players gave him a pat for that one.

Next stop Fylde, COYD
ARNU

I'd have jack connors back as well.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

I thought Hawkins did pretty well when he came on. The first thing he did was win a header to clear in his own box which he does SO many times and then he won several click ons for his fellow striker.Hes a big lad ,yes he should win headers but he does it very well.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Alan

Ferrier was taken off because of a groin problem, Still says in YouTube interview.
Pondfield Dagger

Thought cousins could have done better, free kick should be getting a stronger hand to it, the last goal took an age to go in, just looked at it, thought he could have made a dive for it.
Ngala well too slow, whilst Ferrer impressed me also.
lupins

I will actually take a different view and say in general I thought we defended quite well just not from restarts
How many saves did Cousins have to make
It's amazing how some people work into any thread their long term view they are determined to keep on going
For example What day of the week is it, response no point asking Hawkins
Or response it's Wednesday Widdowson and Boucard are rubbish Wednesday's
Guess the posters
Mark

Don't think you can blame Cousins, it was the wall's side and they just let the ball go between them not over them.

I think JS wants us to be bigger and stronger to compete in this division which we lacked at times last season hence N'Gala and Lokko. Having said that they look like a disaster waiting to happen so I'd currently rather see Robson alongside N'Gala. Doe and Robson are both good players but not strong enough as a pair for me.

Can't believe anyone can criticise Ling, he's been very good so far imo.