Gravesend (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

We had a decent result Saturday let's hope we follow it up with a win tomorrow. Ebbsfleet look a very dangerous side on paper and were not to good at defending so far. We need to score more goals from open play with the chances we're creating.

3-1 Daggers Corey x2 and Cheek. 1,312 (172 away).
DaggerJoel11

Must say I'm delighted that the attention is back to on-pitch actions as I feel our excellent unbeaten start has been tarnished somewhat. Anyway, as for tomorrow, I'm expecting an exciting game. Both sides are unbeaten so far and, while we've scored six and conceded four, the Fleet have also scored seven and conceded five, so what should be guaranteed is goals. I'm going for a 3-2 victory with Whitely scoring two and Ferrier breaking his duck.

Come on Daggers!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Penfold

I think everyone will be nicely shocked by Gravesends ground development works. Went past on my way to work and wow it's impressive.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
steeevooo

DaggerJoel11 wrote: so what should be guaranteed is goals.
Thanks. This now has nil nil written all over it.
Kevin

steeevooo wrote:
That's exactly what I thought when reading that :lol:

I'd take a (quite literally) cheeky 2-1 win from tonight..I'm guessing Doe won't be fit to play?
Daggernewbie

Kevin wrote:
steeevooo wrote:
That's exactly what I thought when reading that :lol:

I'd take a (quite literally) cheeky 2-1 win from tonight..I'm guessing Doe won't be fit to play?
you guessed right Kevin
http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... -1-5148809
TommyD&R

First off we need a proper left back, I thought Pennell was going to be a centre back for us, he got so much wrong tonight. Second, Lokko is forever on the wrong side of the attackers, lucky not to get sent off today. Third, any keeper should've clocked Whitely has scored all of his penalties in the same place, he was always gonna get caught out at some point.
But on the plus side, our attack is deadly, probably the best full attacking unit we've had since 08/09. If we can get the defence sorted, which I'm sure we will when Doe is back properly, we could be up for a serious title challenge this season
durnzo

[quote="DaggerJoel11"]Must say I'm delighted that the attention is back to on-pitch actions as I feel our excellent unbeaten start has been tarnished somewhat. Anyway, as for tomorrow, I'm expecting an exciting game. Both sides are unbeaten so far and, while we've scored six and conceded four, the Fleet have also scored seven and conceded five, so what should be guaranteed is goals. I'm going for a 3-2 victory with Whitely scoring two and Ferrier breaking his duck.

Come on Daggers![/quote

Not far off. They look a good team, but did ferrier have a knock? If not why take him off? Either way you can see why they haven't lost for so long. Still going well though in my humble.
BarkingRambo

I thought Ferrier seemed to have a bit of a limp just after he scored. Might have been subbed to protect him.

First game I've been able to make this season. Attack seems to have a lot of potential but we are worrying at the back
Adrian

Pennell is a proper left back. He's just an inexperienced one that needs a bit of time. He also doesn't get much cover from Ferrier - there were a few times when he went with the winger but the full back then had a free run.
Likewise Lokko in terms of needing time.
I think they'd both benefit from playing with Doe - he'd give a lot guidance than NGala does.

For me the big concern is central midfield - in the two games I've seen Robson and Boucaud have done very little. In the second half we were overrun through the middle far too often.
Some of Boucauds passing today was shocking as well.
Alan

Pennell isn't a proper left back. He's a centre back and it shows. Lokko gets into terrible positions and gives away silly fouls. Stick Robson at centre half in place of Lokko and play Robinson in centre mid. Oh, and sign a leftback.
Mark

I don't think Robson and Boucaud can be blamed. They cover a lot of ground and pick up as many second balls as they can but they are continually pulled wide to plug gaps left by our wingers not tracking back. Robson in particular breaks up the play a lot.

I've said it before but we cannot win the league playing effectively 424.

And Pennell is not a good left back.
stanton101

Alan wrote:Pennell isn't a proper left back. He's a centre back and it shows. Lokko gets into terrible positions and gives away silly fouls. Stick Robson at centre half in place of Lokko and play Robinson in centre mid. Oh, and sign a leftback.
Agreed 100%.
Diggerthedog

Oh this place is lively must have had a dodgy result.

Ebbsfleet were the better side but we had the quality to get a draw. Unbeaten but can't defend very strange.
Adrian

Mark wrote:I don't think Robson and Boucaud can be blamed. They cover a lot of ground and pick up as many second balls as they can but they are continually pulled wide to plug gaps left by our wingers not tracking back. Robson in particular breaks up the play a lot.

I've said it before but we cannot win the league playing effectively 424.

And Pennell is not a good left back.
They both disappeared for huge chunks of the game today. I don't recall seeing either being stuck over by the Sieve at all.

After two and a half years of a "proper" left back in Widdowson, I think Pennell deserves more than a few competitive games before being written off in that position.