CLUB STATEMENT REGARDING BEHAVIOR

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I haven't seen anyone suggest don't sing or chant especially at home games. I think the club and other supporters just want a few people to behave themselves and not embarrass the rest of us. Hardly an unreasonable request.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
jag

Your barking up the wrong tree digger the dog, The atmosphere was as good as it has always been on Tuesday evening especially in the standing enclosure opposite the main stand, however the main stand is always as quiet as the old Highbury library that I used to attend which is why I decided to move to the cheaper but better atmosphere side of the ground, I am not a regular away supporter but did go to the Braintree away game on Boxing Day and was ashamed of a couple of morons from the Daggers area giving abuse to their stewards after the game as the teams were returning across the barrier formed by their stewards to the dressing rooms one of them morons was skinny in his twenties with no top on I think he thought he had muscles, the abuse he gave qualifies him to be banned for life.
durnzo

I think it's safe to say until tuesday the atmosphere generated in the TBS is far better than anywhere else in the ground and looked very promising moving forward this season. But you can't go around misbehaving in crowds as small as ours and not expect to be picked up quickly. If the club is treating anyone unfairly then the best thing to do is to take it up with them directly, as long as you actually have a case. This isn't like in the prem where you're just a customer and there's 10 people waiting to take your place. The club need anyone willing to part with their hard earned to watch the 5th tier of football in this country and will do as much as they can to accommodate everyone. That's why I always say that there's no reason for people to be offended in our ground because there's enough room for everyone to have their own place amongst like minded people and enjoy the football their own way. And it looked like it was working out well, but there are lines you can't cross and if anyone's been caught on cctv giving someone a slap then they can't be catered for. Same goes with songs about peado, prem away supports have 3500 people so a degree of anonymity, ours don't.

There were far more stewards, paying far more attention, on Tuesday but with the incidents that have happened so far it was always gonna be this way. Best thing is to get behind the team and not give them any reason to turf you out. The few times the end did break into song you could tell that that's how people like to enjoy their football, so enjoy it that way, you're paying money and giving up your time to be there and it's how football should be in my humble. It'll be interesting to say how it all plays out over the next few matches.
nomis

Some good point's you've made durnzo , and I totally agree with your comments

Spot on mate
Diggerthedog

The amount of stewards/police we had on Tuesday was excessive but no surprise. The lack of stewards and zero police at Eastleigh given what happened the year before was nothing short of shocking. Seems that Easleigh are prepared to pay over the odds for crap journeymen but won't pay for adequate security measures to protect their own fans.

I'm not condoning what anyone did but had they had the correct amount of security it would not have happened.
durnzo

Completely agree DTD, but not singing, and therefore not enjoying the match as much as poss, is like losing out twice. I'm not a fan of some of the holier than thou types pontificating about what is and isn't acceptable and thinking everyone should live by their moral compass but some fans clearly crossed the line. I'll defend to the hilt industrial language and most lowering the tone humour in the TBS but when SOME fans, and it is a tiny minority, act as they do they only give the critics ammunition. It's a shame as well because that end could've been booming like the play off semi if the whole unavoidable incident hadn't occured. I know Eastleigh fans were giving it too, but I don't give a flying one about them and I definitely don't want the young, passionate fans to lose interest cos it's a big part of why I go football. I'm hoping it all sorts itself out and the team do the business on the pitch, that always brings fans together!!

YFD
ARNU

People have the choice to live by whatever moral compass they want. There isn't much that can be sung that will offend me but if you think some of the chants are acceptable for families with children sitting feet away from you in the family stand then if say it's just plain wrong. No dad in the country with little kids is expecting not to hear colourful language at the footy, All the referees a wanker stuff is part of the game but I just don't see how banging on about pedos , spastics and Madeline McCann is supporting the team or creating an atmosphere. I ain't no vicar, it's just wrong. The Phil brown song was funny once at Southend once but why they sing it away at Bromley 3 years later is lost on me.
RampantDuke

Interesting reaction from the lads involved in this. Sulking, taking their ball home and saying 'we aren't allowed to chant anymore so we will purposely shut up' - this is the kind of reaction I would expect from my 9 year old. I think it shows that we are dealing with a group of teens here who still have school playground mentality. If they are the same ones as on our carriage on the train to FGR or playing at football hooligans down Borehamwood High Street in April then I don't think they are any older than 17/18. Seems to me they just simply need to just grow up a bit. I bet in a few years time when they have lived a little they will be embarrassed by their antics now but like a lot of children they aren't going to be told so sadly at the moment it is up to the grown ups to make a stand and keep them in check. Maybe we should all remember how we behaved when we had our first pint ;-)
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

This^

They've only been asked not to act like idiots. Nothing else.
durnzo

Now we're all 100 per cent in agreement, can anyone let me know what's going today?? I was lead to believe it was gonna be a cricket score!!!
durnzo

My reverse psychology seems to have worked, anyone at the match to give us an incite into how we're playing?