Flags

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

One of the world's greatest actors a certain Mr Clint Eastwood said a few years back regarding hypo sensitivity of how political correctness has gone ' far to far ' what has become of this world now you can no longer have any fun with anyone', please let's get a grip! Spot on Sussex on your post.
Mark

There's a great quote from Stephen Fry about being offended :

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ******** what."

Back to the subject of the Trump daggers flag, I do think it's rather ill advised. We're only likely to get negative press out of it.
ARNU

I don't like political correctness. But I do favour decent behaviour. I think as adults we can probably agree that possibly the confederate flag isn't really that necessary or particularly appropriate.( I'm not at all bothered by it personally, I've actually got one lol ) . I'm not sure LGBT needs any more promotion either. We're all now equal anyway aren't we ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diamond Dagger

I have emailed the club about the North Korean and Confederate flags being displayed at away games, they responded accordingly. While I take on board all previous replies the fact is what the flags represent, a military dictatorship and a General who thought that black people in America be slaves.
Diamond Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:Where m do you get the flags made? Maybe we should have some positive ones like an LBGT? Would add a whole new meaning to being Proud to be a Dagger!
Absolutely, why not with LBGT, over 5000 players registered with the football league and not one has come out as gay?? Watch Gareth Thomas' BBC program where on this subject.
Richie

Diamond Dagger wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:Where m do you get the flags made? Maybe we should have some positive ones like an LBGT? Would add a whole new meaning to being Proud to be a Dagger!
Absolutely, why not with LBGT, over 5000 players registered with the football league and not one has come out as gay?? Watch Gareth Thomas' BBC program where on this subject.
Go get one printed then.
lupins

Why not get a flag saying up the daggers that's pretty inclusive
durnzo

I can see how the trumps daggers flag could upset some people. as someone else has said, I'd say it's more I'll advised than intentionally offensive. But the north Korean daggers flag is clearly tongue in cheek and actually pretty funny in my opinion. Other fans I've told about it find it amusing, I can't see the offence to be honest.

I rarely notice flags at matches, I think working on site where every possible mm going spare is covered with a sign of some sort you become oblivious of all of them, and I'd suggest anyone who does find them offensive just not look at them. The football isn't that bad!!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Hearing from our away support today that more the one flag was banned including the Infamous North Korean one. It is alleged that a certain Person has been busy on the email
durnzo

You're joking!! The north Korean flag is humorous because of how ludicrous it would be for a club our size to have north Korean flags. Nothing else. As I sat, every fan I've mentioned to found it amusing. To steal an Internet accronym, and pretend I'm down with the kids, FML.
ARNU

Can't see what's wrong with that flag, certainly not offensive.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

Yes there was an email sent to AFC Fylde by a certain person saying that the Trump flag was banned at our ground which everyone knew about but all of a sudden the North Korean flag is banned as well for what reason only the person who sent the email knows,makes you wonder do they want the supporters getting behind the club again or not ? or is the heavy hand of what we say goes starting again. P.S. I know it`s up to the away club to say yes or no to flags before someone mentions it :)
SUSSEX DAGGER

Daggernewbie wrote:Yes there was an email sent to AFC Fylde by a certain person saying that the Trump flag was banned at our ground which everyone knew about but all of a sudden the North Korean flag is banned as well for what reason only the person who sent the email knows,makes you wonder do they want the supporters getting behind the club again or not ? or is the heavy hand of what we say goes starting again. P.S. I know it`s up to the away club to say yes or no to flags before someone mentions it :)
Members of The British Empire old chap can not have Ones ground tarnished by a Flag of a Nation that is allegedly threatening to bomb the hell out of one or more of our closet allies.

That is simply not the done thing or cricket old chap
Chigwellian

I hope Glyn Hopkins sees what we all can see, and comes to the conclusion that enough is enough with this person!
Daggernewbie

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Yes there was an email sent to AFC Fylde by a certain person saying that the Trump flag was banned at our ground which everyone knew about but all of a sudden the North Korean flag is banned as well for what reason only the person who sent the email knows,makes you wonder do they want the supporters getting behind the club again or not ? or is the heavy hand of what we say goes starting again. P.S. I know it`s up to the away club to say yes or no to flags before someone mentions it :)
Members of The British Empire old chap can not have Ones ground tarnished by a Flag of a Nation that is allegedly threatening to bomb the hell out of one or more of our closet allies.

That is simply not the done thing or cricket old chap
I see your point Sir but the dictatorship of a certain leader is rearing his head again which is threatening the slow rebuild of trust between us lowly supporters and powers to be.