Delete this... if u must!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

This makes for terrible reading.

Every single on of them should be given a season ban.

The comment you say about the mum of a disabled kid is sickening to read.
Auntie Merge

To create a poll, press the option to start a new topic and you should see a tab towards the bottom of the page 'poll creation'.
TommyD&R

I'm wasn't there the other day, and I'm not defending whatever happened, at the Eastleigh game last year I moved round to the side because I was pissed off at a few unnecessary comments from our fans, but it has to be said those Eastleigh fans who sit close to the away fans really don't do themselves any favours. I've been quite a few Eastleigh games and it's been the same case when they played Maidstone last season and Forest Green a few seasons back. They can't always play the victim, but like I said, I wasn't there the other day so I'm not sure how bad things really were.
speedy

Was there yesterday and was sickened by the behaviour of 3 or 4 of our so called fans. It's got to the stage whether I want to go to anymore away games or not.
dagger4eva

Theres just 1 other final thing I wanted to add to this thread, following Speedy's comments.

I thought the stewarding arrangements yesterday ranged from dreadful to non-existent. Was my 1st and probably last visit to eastleigh BUT id imagine it was affected in large parts by the fact Southampton were at home.

In addition, it should be noted that there was a single, not ONE police officer in attendance, certainly not 1 in view anyway.

Some of the antics of yesterday couldve been prevented &/or handled far more efficently had these issues been sorted.

Anyway, fingers crossed this is the last time we have to discuss such events going forward. We have a potentially great season ahead of us on the pitch so hope we can concentrate on that.
Adrian

admin wrote:Adrian - yes I am 100% impartial. All I've attempted to do by running this page is what I genuinely feel is best for the club. What do I gain from running the forum, nothing, I do this for free and I have a busy life of my own. Myself and the moderators run this website out of love of the club. We don't actually have to do this if we don't want to but we do to help the club not hinder.

I'll be honest, I was at one stage planning on pulling the whole thread. Let's get one thing clear, if had of done that, the reports would have still got around, there are plenty of other platforms for that. On top of which people on here would have spoken out against me for doing so.

The reason I didn't pull the thread is basically the bloke who started the thread actually came and spoke to me in person and said that I should give fans a true platform to discuss things, I took it on board and changed my mind.

The reason I've remained impartial is for 2 reasons.

1. If I have a problem with someone, I'll discuss it man to man
2. Say for example I held one or more parties to blame, by publicly slagging them has an affect on their lives. I'm simply not going to get involved in something which isn't my place
Why didn't you pull the thread that suggested Hawkins was being held hostage over signing a new contract?
That painted the club in a poor light as well.

I find it odd that you only seem have a problem with threads that complains about the morons acting like the morons that they are.

The stuff about why you run this forum is irrelevant. Using that to avoid condemning pathetic behaviour is particularly poor.
admin
Site Admin

Adrian wrote:
admin wrote:Adrian - yes I am 100% impartial. All I've attempted to do by running this page is what I genuinely feel is best for the club. What do I gain from running the forum, nothing, I do this for free and I have a busy life of my own. Myself and the moderators run this website out of love of the club. We don't actually have to do this if we don't want to but we do to help the club not hinder.

I'll be honest, I was at one stage planning on pulling the whole thread. Let's get one thing clear, if had of done that, the reports would have still got around, there are plenty of other platforms for that. On top of which people on here would have spoken out against me for doing so.

The reason I didn't pull the thread is basically the bloke who started the thread actually came and spoke to me in person and said that I should give fans a true platform to discuss things, I took it on board and changed my mind.

The reason I've remained impartial is for 2 reasons.

1. If I have a problem with someone, I'll discuss it man to man
2. Say for example I held one or more parties to blame, by publicly slagging them has an affect on their lives. I'm simply not going to get involved in something which isn't my place
Why didn't you pull the thread that suggested Hawkins was being held hostage over signing a new contract?
That painted the club in a poor light as well.

I find it odd that you only seem have a problem with threads that complains about the morons acting like the morons that they are.

The stuff about why you run this forum is irrelevant. Using that to avoid condemning pathetic behaviour is particularly poor.
You've completely contradicted yourself and not listened in so many ways.

1. I explained my initial thoughts and why I changed my mind after a conversation in person with Dagger4eva who started the thread. If I really had that much of a problem, I could have still pulled this thread but I changed my view, so how is that having a problem with this thread?

2. My views on remaining impartial have been explained, I'm simply trying not to cause controversy with any of my fellow supporters, that's been my motto from day one of going to Daggers games. If you have a problem with any fellow supporters, that's fine, it's nothing to do with me so please don't involve me in it. It almost like your criticising me for not taking your side and assuming I'm taking the side of others. Let me remind you that staying impartial means staying out of it or remaining neutral, not that I've taken a side.

3. Are you sure you had a problem with Hawkins thread? Because if you did, why didn't you contact me and say that you think I should have put a stop to it, I've always tried to be approachable with that. You could have put a public post up, Private messaged me, e-mailed, social media or simply have spoke to me in person about it. There's a number of platforms to contact me on of your not happy about something on here. I didn't hear anything and I didn't see the problem myself so I allowed it to run. So that's a weak argument there.

Let me be up open and honest on one thing. Everyone knows who I am at the club, on a number of occasions I've had people mention the forum to me and ask me about things I could do differently. I don't always change my mind but I do listen to everyone and respect their views and opinions. So my door for that is wide open, I'd happily have a sensible chat with you about any concerns you have about me running this site.

My final note on this is - we have a wide range of supporters at our club, young fans, old fans, people who live varying distances from the ground, rowdy fans, fans who want to sit quietly and watch games, fans who do every away game, fans that don't do any and I could go on forever. My motto is, we are a smaller club, we all want what's best for the club and success for the club, I personally try and get along with all fans of the club. So the only thing I'll publicly call for is our fan base to be united.
mickeyblue

Makes me die tbh
I wasn't there and I'm not condoning any behaviour but if these are kids then the grown men around them should man up and tell them. Spouting crap on here will just get ever6 other club ammunition and boom suddenly we have a bigger problem than a handful of twats.

None of you will do it tho
but we finished 9th!
Auntie Merge

mickeyblue wrote:Makes me die tbh
I wasn't there and I'm not condoning any behaviour but if these are kids then the grown men around them should man up and tell them. Spouting crap on here will just get ever6 other club ammunition and boom suddenly we have a bigger problem than a handful of twats.

None of you will do it tho
From what I saw yesterday some of our fans were trying to challenge the idiots but the idiots started to try and pick a fight with them.
Diggerthedog

The club know who these people are so let's see if they do something about or not.
Alan

Or is it the same idiots getting older? Is it the 15 year old kids who were occupying "divs corner" 5 or so years ago?
lupins

How about at home games the stewards being more pro active and chucking them out early doors instead of preferring the arm round chat

Home fans could also point them out and report them

You either want to end it or you don't

As for the flags, get rid they are neither funny, clever or relevant to a football club. Its football
Auntie Merge

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to have a few of our stewards with us for the next couple of away games, in order to help identify and eliminate the problem.
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote:I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to have a few of our stewards with us for the next couple of away games, in order to help identify and eliminate the problem.
Don`t think they be allowed to steward an away game it`s up to the club we are playing to provide adequate stewards,police etc.
Daggernewbie

lupins wrote:How about at home games the stewards being more pro active and chucking them out early doors instead of preferring the arm round chat

Home fans could also point them out and report them

You either want to end it or you don't

As for the flags, get rid they are neither funny, clever or relevant to a football club. Its football
Why should we get rid of the flags just because you don`t like them there are loads who do as for pointing out fans it`s all down to the stewards because say I don`t like someone I could say they are causing trouble when they are not.