My Annual Shameless Plug - 10th September

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Evening All,

For any cricket fans amongst you, and I know there are a number on here, just want to let people know about the annual Upminster CC v Essex CCC XI which is taking place this Year on SUNDAY 10th SEPTEMBER at Upminster Park, starting at 1.30pm.

This Year's Match is in aid of the Essex Cricket Foundation (which helps youngsters from all backgrounds across Essex and East London take up the game) and youth cricket at Upminster. Entrance is by programme (priced at £2.50) and available in advance from various businesses across Upminster, and on the day. As well as the cricket there is a tea tent, BBQ, Beer Tent, ice cream van, raffle and face painting for the children (or the adults if they so wish I guess).

I know a number of people on here have attended past games, and they are always a great day, so it would be great to see a few Daggers fans in attendance. Essex are having a great season as I am sure you all know, so it will be a good chance to see some of their squad in action locally.

If anyone needs anymore details please let me know. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Dashers
nomis

Funny enough I was looking at the Essex CCC website to see when this year's fixture was taking place

This has been my first year as a member at the County Ground and what a season Essex are having

Hopefully the County Championship Division 1 will already be wrapped up by then !!!
Penfold

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Evening All,

For any cricket fans amongst you, and I know there are a number on here, just want to let people know about the annual Upminster CC v Essex CCC XI which is taking place this Year on SUNDAY 10th SEPTEMBER at Upminster Park, starting at 1.30pm.

This Year's Match is in aid of the Essex Cricket Foundation (which helps youngsters from all backgrounds across Essex and East London take up the game) and youth cricket at Upminster. Entrance is by programme (priced at £2.50) and available in advance from various businesses across Upminster, and on the day. As well as the cricket there is a tea tent, BBQ, Beer Tent, ice cream van, raffle and face painting for the children (or the adults if they so wish I guess).

I know a number of people on here have attended past games, and they are always a great day, so it would be great to see a few Daggers fans in attendance. Essex are having a great season as I am sure you all know, so it will be a good chance to see some of their squad in action locally.

If anyone needs anymore details please let me know. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Dashers
Has it ever been discussed to play at the County Ground 1 year as an alternative and a "milestone" game?
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Alan

And to think the Billericay thread was moved for not being daggers related.
Kevin

Alan wrote:And to think the Billericay thread was moved for not being daggers related.
Quite partial to salt + vinegar crisps :D
Alan

Those were the days.
Auntie Merge

Kevin wrote:
Alan wrote:And to think the Billericay thread was moved for not being daggers related.
Quite partial to salt + vinegar crisps :D
Pickled Onion Monster Munch. Though are they crisps?

Ready salted potato chips are really good when you need a salt fix.

For salt and vinegar, chipsticks or the Marks and Spencer version of them are the best.

If it's everyday crisps, cheese and onion for me, as long as I'm not planning on snogging anyone later.
Alan

Marmite walkers for ordinary crisps.

M&S Cheese Tasters for non standard.
Auntie Merge

View From The Stand wrote:Smokey Bacon for me. Anyway enough, back to the cricket............ :)
Trying to get this thread back on topic? I might have to get my banning finger ready. More crisp discussion please. And will someone start a music thread?
DI Mike Dashwood

Apologies if this is wrong home for it Alan, although I would never moan about what gets posted on here personally. As Merge and others will remember, there was a time when all manner of things got discussed on here, now there is barely two posts a day!!! Anyway, thanks for giving the thread a bump!!

In answer to you Penfold, that would be a nice idea and a nice opportunity for a lot of the Upminster lads, but the way we raise funds on the day is from the programme sales and beer sales which are driven really by the Upminster public and other local sports fans turning out to watch would probably not be case so much if played up at Chelmsford.

Anyway, only three and a bit weeks to go till the match. Looks like Essex are involved in a high scoring contest tonight as well.
Alan

I much preferred the old days of random threads that we had on the old board 10-15 years ago.
Auntie Merge

Alan wrote:I much preferred the old days of random threads that we had on the old board 10-15 years ago.
Me too. When you could post random crap and no one really minded.
SteveMc

FFS, this forum really has gone uphill!