Money making games coming up

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Right clearly we won't be getting decent home support for the remainder of the season so it's time to change stands for home and away fans to make some money.

Portsmouth and Oxford will sell out the away end without a doubts so give them the whole sieve and behind the goal home ends and the few seats in the carling home end, put all us in the TBS and barking college as more than enough room. Let's make some money to add to the budget for next season.

Or let's just have an half empty ground when we could easily have it over two third s full.
SUSSEX DAGGER

To many over my dead body according to Club sources.
Absoloute joke of a gate today we will dip under 1k b4 the seasons end.

Hoprfully the Club can maximise revenue by making alterations but your idea is by far the best. Alas a few fans
who refuse to co-operate in the best interest of the Club will scupper that.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Oxford won't sell out the away end.

I thought we needed long term numbers in the crowds. Surely pissing off a lot of long term supporters for a short term gain is a pretty stupid idea.
ARNU

We'd have got all our crowd into the TBS today with a handful standing at the front.You could have got all mansfields fans into the B+D family stand and shut the rest of the place.For those always banging on about steward numbers,you could have layed off 3 quarters of them if that were the way it was done today.Just saying....

Portsmouth would easily bring 4000 with them if we'd let 'em. Don't think oxford would bring much more than 900 but I get the drift of your plan Diggerthedog.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
USADAGGER nick

Daggers no 2

Why do you think it will tick off long time supporters into not coming back by letting a club with the biggest following in our league to be able to bring 3-4000?
Diggerthedog

I'm a very long term supporter and it would not tick me off I would see it as the club trying to make some money at every available chance to do so.

If we don't give them the sieve at least give them the barking college stand and a third of the sieve at least that's 2k for them to sell.
HogansHeros

I used to sit in the family stand with my lad when he was a bit younger and the thing I noticed was you could clearly hear the away fans including some fruity language in some of the chants. It would be better for a our younger fans to be at the far end of the Carling where you don't hear that. For Portsmouth this would be a good idea I think
ARNU

I agree with Digger,fill the place up for once get some money and atmosphere.Quite how it would annoy anyone is beyond me.I'd say don't go to the fixture if you are that delicate.My nan used to get the right ump if one of the other old grannies took her seat at the bingo though.I don't think the club would be allowed to have that many away supporters in though as Portsmouth have got a bit of a rep for hooliganism.At least if you put them all in the sieve they couldn't damage it much further and theres no seats to rip out.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Reasons that DiggertheDogs proposal could annoy people:

1) Carling Stand season ticket holders have paid more than Terrace Season Ticket holders - so why should Terrace Season ticket holders then get a free upgrade to a the TBS for a game
2) As above, but for Terrace Season Ticket holders that bought the TBS upgrade option thing
3) There are plenty of people that don't want to sit. Unless the prices are dropped throughout the ground, they'll have to pay extra to go in the TBS if they're not season ticket holders
4) There were plenty of people that didn't like the whole mucking around with the Sieve thing for a game a couple of seasons a go

Personally, I don't want to sit. If I'm told I can only go in the TBS, I won't bother. At that point, it wasn't worth me buying a season ticket for this season and that pretty makes up my mind to not buy one for next season.
USADAGGER nick

What if terrace season ticket holders had to pay a "surcharge" or something so it doesn't seem like the TBS season ticket holders were getting the shaft. Like they had to pay an extra fiver. And what if the price was lowered to that of the other stands to make up for the move?

I hope it I don't get ridiculed for these suggestions. I am just trying to throw ideas out there to keep everyone at least passably content
matt_drfc

I just think the big teams should get the whole TBS, family stand and the end bit of the sieve. An allocation of maybe 1700 or so.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Reasons that DiggertheDogs proposal could annoy people:

1) Carling Stand season ticket holders have paid more than Terrace Season Ticket holders - so why should Terrace Season ticket holders then get a free upgrade to a the TBS for a game
2) As above, but for Terrace Season Ticket holders that bought the TBS upgrade option thing
3) There are plenty of people that don't want to sit. Unless the prices are dropped throughout the ground, they'll have to pay extra to go in the TBS if they're not season ticket holders
4) There were plenty of people that didn't like the whole mucking around with the Sieve thing for a game a couple of seasons a go

Personally, I don't want to sit. If I'm told I can only go in the TBS, I won't bother. At that point, it wasn't worth me buying a season ticket for this season and that pretty makes up my mind to not buy one for next season.
How pathetic!!!!!
Listen to yourself.
I cant see why anyone would care about any of those things at all.I have a TBS combo season ticket so when all those people got in for £2.50 I still didn't care.I was happy with my purchase.I don't care what anyone else spent it dosent effect me at all.Fact is standing people will be getting a seat in a dearer part of the ground with a better view/facilities for 1 game only.So if you'd really rather not go than sit then you should give the game a swerve(with the other 3 people sad enough to protest about it).Like anyone in the carling is really pathetic enough to worry about 2 quid.Basically life is too short to worry about where you sit/stand at a football match and if it isn't then you must find everyday life a very difficult challenge.I'll actually offer to man the ticket office dishing out all the 2 quids at the same time as thinking how utterlyPATHETICthe people in the miniscule queue are.Or do you think the queue will go out the ground into Victoria road and upto the station with small minded individuals ??

Like I said earlier,I doubt it would happen for safety reasons so you can keep your restricted leaky view
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:I just think the big teams should get the whole TBS, family stand and the end bit of the sieve. An allocation of maybe 1700 or so.
Yes and in reality I think this is the most likely scenario.Nice to have 4000 entrance fees rather than 1700 but safety must come first.
Richie

What if we give the away teams the away stand and the usual end of the Sieve if they sell out. Oxford won't sell the TBS and Pompey won't bring anywhere near 4000 as they're struggling
ARNU

Richie wrote:What if we give the away teams the away stand and the usual end of the Sieve if they sell out. Oxford won't sell the TBS and Pompey won't bring anywhere near 4000 as they're struggling

What if daggersno2fan normally stands there though ?? He might have to move over a bit and he probably wont go,then what would we do ??

I agree by the way Richie and that is what will happen.