Daggers injuries for start of season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Good start to the season a few injuries but looks like they are not very bad
http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... -1-5118676
daggerChris

I must admit the clubs medical team does worry me, how many players have had injuries where players are supposedly out for 2-3 weeks that turn into 3-4 months.

Im no clinician and every recovery is different but it does seem our players always fall way behind the scheduled recovery time.

Last season Fejiri, Matt Robinson, Curtley Williams, Craig Robson, Luke Howell spent huge time out when it was supposedly only minor injuries to start with.
Auntie Merge

daggerChris wrote:I must admit the clubs medical team does worry me, how many players have had injuries where players are supposedly out for 2-3 weeks that turn into 3-4 months.

Im no clinician and every recovery is different but it does seem our players always fall way behind the scheduled recovery time.

Last season Fejiri, Matt Robinson, Curtley Williams, Craig Robson, Luke Howell spent huge time out when it was supposedly only minor injuries to start with.
I think you might be being a little unfair. During the season the severity of some injuries is kept under wraps. Why would we want it known by opposing teams, that our star striker is out for months, for instance?

Plus injuries change. A slight knock might take 2-3 weeks but things might change during the recovery period; Anothef slight pull during recovery exercises, supporting muscles being overused etc. That has everything to do with the injury not healing as it should and nothing to do with the medical staff.
Diggerthedog

Like it or not the record for getting players fit after being injured is piss poor under the current medical team.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Can't remember the last time we started a season with everybody fit.

See a couple of the newbies have already been given the Daggers curse of a couple of weeks.

Hope we have not signed to many with the Handel with care label attatch d