Oliver Hawkins SHOCK NEWS UPDATE !

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
nomis

Inside information is not what I have my friend !

What I am reporting is something that IF TRUE is very upsetting for both player and club

I would rather it was all a MASSIVE LIE and not true

If it is true it will all come out in the wash , and whether it be me reporting it , or the Barking & Dagenham Post .....

Get over the fact that I am some Mr Meanor who is out to cause rife within the club

I could of kept my mouth shut and said ****** all and kept all this info to myself BUT I was basically telling it how it's been said and thought all true Daggers fans would want to know be it good or bad depending how you view it
NBDag

Really doesn't seem like the attitude this club has had over the pat few years. Could understand us whacking in a new contract with a buyout clause though, but that really should have been done in January.
Hawkins will go this summer and I think the club have known that for a while, hence Cheek coming in, so I'm not sure if I'm ready to believe this. 300k is a great price and maybe in today's market with everyone looking for the next Vardy we might be looking to get more, but I doubt anyone at the club would want to bully a player like that for more cash.
dagger4eva

Personally I’m all for this kind attitude.

We’ve been walked over far too easily for bigger clubs – taking the very 1st offer that has come along.

We now have a man in charge who seemingly doesn’t wish to adopt such a mentality. So if they value the player at £400k and don’t receive a bid for that amount, then good on them / us for sticking to their guns.
Alan

Given his form since the last transfer window closed without him getting a move (1 goal in 13) I'm surprised anyone is in for him.
Adrian

nomis wrote:Now I'm not putting this up to scaremonger or to say I know the full story , but check this out

I know Ollie's Uncle as I work with him and this is the latest regarding his position

Daggers have turned down four bids for Hawkins the latest being 300K all from Portsmouth. Dagenham value him at 400K and want that amount. Bury are also interested but no firm bids as of yet . This guy then tell's me that Stilly has told Hawkins to sign a new contract as he's only got one year left on his current contract. Then he goes on to say that Stilly has told Ollie that he won't play him or even let him train with the first team until he signs a new contract

This info all came to light last Friday when his uncle was at his sisters wedding and by all accounts Hawkins is very upset by it all as all he wants to do is play football
He said that Dagenham are trying to bully him into signing a new contract and until he does this situation will not change
They think the club want him to sign a new contract with a minimum release cause in it of around 1 million

I don't like this sound of this as this guy I work with has no reason to lie and has been correct in the past regarding his nephew Oliver Hawkins

Apparently Hawkins told his uncle last Friday that if Dagenham don't want to play me then just sell me !!!

I suppose time will tell and something will eventually come out officially
Hawkins old man has told his son to sit it out and bide his time as if and when this comes out it won't look good on the club
Still has never been one to let players muck him around. Others have been frozen out in the past - Glen Southam was one.

If Hawkins just wants to play football, why won't he sign a new contract? After all, we all know that if a good enough offer comes a long he'd be allowed to leave anyway.
The release clause of £1m sounds like absolute rubbish - why would they be willing to take £400k now, but want a release clause of £1m?

I'm not sure why someone that doesn't want to cause "rife" for the club would post something like this under the title it's under as well.
stanton101

400K for him. Is stevie wonder their chief scout.
Chigwellian

Disgraceful post .... all hearsay!
Voice of reason

Chigwellian wrote:Disgraceful post .... all hearsay!
I believe Nomis completely
This is the way the club operates these days
They aren't alone.
DevonDagger

I visit several forums and this kind of post is usually what you see from muppets making their first post trying to stir things up.
I honestly hope that this is the same again, though you've posted here previously so I'm a little more curious than I might usually be.

Like most of us I expect, I hope this has been massively overblown, if there's any truth at all to it.
If Ollie wants his move to Portsmouth, I would back him and wish him all the best. I think he's given his best for us and deserves the opportunity. Naturally, we should expect a good fee (personally I'd be asking £350k)

dagger4eva talks about how it's time we stopped being walked over by other clubs - I can get on board with this on some level, but not to the extent of refusing to involve a player in any shape or form if he won't sign a new contract. It's this detail in particular I hope has been heavily exaggerated by Ollie's uncle, perhaps in a bid to get Ollie's desired move in a situation where Portsmouth's bids haven't met Daggers' valuation.
That said, if the board/JS value him at say £1m, as an unrealistic valuation it makes it unfair on the player as obviously it's never going to be met.

It would leave a very sour taste and be somewhat upsetting to learn this is how the club has decided to operate if true. I'm also a fan of the player himself, I can't envisage a situation that would warrant such an aggressive approach being taken on him.

I'm sure nomis will understand that I at least will be sceptical until a slightly more reliable source than "my mate is Ollie's uncle" echos a similar sort of statement.
Chigwellian

Voice of reason wrote:
I believe Nomis completely
This is the way the club operates these days
They aren't alone.
That may be VOR... but still, the information given was by a 3rd party which makes it hearsay
The Romford Dagger

No wonder the number of posters on here seems to be dropping.

I think the OP posting this is far more relevant than some of the sh1te on here recently. Such as the obsession with some about Tamplin.
Richie

I'd be amazed if this is true.

Our whole "business model" is on getting players in and then not making them stay. No up and coming players would come to us in the future if we acted in this way.
Adrian

I'm guessing he's signed a new contract then.
DevonDagger

No new contract, but Ollie played today. Looks increasing likely that this was overblown to say the least. Much more at-ease over this now.

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... cial_icons
nomis

Since 1981 as a 13 year old kid I have been supporting the Daggers
I always use to sit on the old grass bank at the West End of the ground when weather permitted. We were then called Dagenham FC and I still have great memories from those early years
Always remember the FA Cup match at home to Millwall when the away supporters were packed in the sieve towards the West Stand and when they scored you heard a thud.......as the wall in front collapse and the debris and the odd away fan ended up on the pitch

Anyway enough of my ramblings.......
What I am trying to get across is I am a Dagger and always will be
They are my club and always will be . Once a Daggers always a Dagger . When I started this post It was not my intent to upset any of the players , staff , manager etc , but to report to the fans forum what I had shockingly been told

I was in total shock and still am to be honest but I stand by what I posted
I spoke to the same person Ollie's Uncle today 10 mins before kick off advising him that Ollie names was on the starting eleven and his response was ......."Let's hope it's all been resolved then" He did go on to say that he would be coming to the home game v Ebbsfleet providing Hawks was still a Daggers player .......read into that what you want

I have listened to John Still's post match interview
I do have my own opinion's on what was said and I am leaving it at that !

I have always trusted Stilly and believe he is the best manager this football club has ever had and is Mr Dagenham through and through

However , I am not backtracking from what I have said or posted

Basically at the end of the day I think we all believe Oliver Hawkins will move on as the club will never stand in a player's way as JS stated

It's a fact that the club survive by getting these rough diamonds in and as JS would say , polishing them and improving them and then moving them on to bigger and better things. This is what the club has always done and I personally believe always will do
The club also gain from this financially
Whether this will change slightly with Glynn Hopkin , time will tell , as we may not necessary have to sell a player every season from now on

I apologise if I have upset anyone or offended anyone , but I still believe that it is in the interest of all fans / supporters to be advised / informed of all things D&RFC related , and whether you choose to believe that or not is a matter of personal interest
Last edited by nomis on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.