Oliver Hawkins SHOCK NEWS UPDATE !

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
nomis

Now I'm not putting this up to scaremonger or to say I know the full story , but check this out

I know Ollie's Uncle as I work with him and this is the latest regarding his position

Daggers have turned down four bids for Hawkins the latest being 300K all from Portsmouth. Dagenham value him at 400K and want that amount. Bury are also interested but no firm bids as of yet . This guy then tell's me that Stilly has told Hawkins to sign a new contract as he's only got one year left on his current contract. Then he goes on to say that Stilly has told Ollie that he won't play him or even let him train with the first team until he signs a new contract

This info all came to light last Friday when his uncle was at his sisters wedding and by all accounts Hawkins is very upset by it all as all he wants to do is play football
He said that Dagenham are trying to bully him into signing a new contract and until he does this situation will not change
They think the club want him to sign a new contract with a minimum release cause in it of around 1 million

I don't like this sound of this as this guy I work with has no reason to lie and has been correct in the past regarding his nephew Oliver Hawkins

Apparently Hawkins told his uncle last Friday that if Dagenham don't want to play me then just sell me !!!

I suppose time will tell and something will eventually come out officially
Hawkins old man has told his son to sit it out and bide his time as if and when this comes out it won't look good on the club
grumpy old git

This seems to go against John Still's normal principle of not standing in a players way if a chance to better himself comes along. I wonder if this is his or the boards doing.
nomis

I'm more shocked that anyone to be honest, as this is not the John Still we all know

Hawkins uncle assures me this has happened , and as I say he has no reason to lie
admin
Site Admin

I said a few weeks ago, sell him 250k. Nice earner for us, we have other players that can play there and to be honest I think he's massively overrated. So surely it would just be easier to take 300k from Portsmouth and be done with. The saga is over, no trohble in the dressing room, a few quid in the bank and 2 new highly rated strikers to replace him.
daggerChris

Personally, if it is likely to cause a rift within the squad I would rather we let him leave.

300k would be good value for a player who didnt do much after Xmas last season.

Does leave us short of a target man option, but would leave us with money to spend on replacing Ollie and other positions
Mark

Should sell him ASAP and sign somebody else.
nomis

Personally what I think we are all missing is that this is no way to treat an individual

If the player had gone on strike then there would be uproar !

Be it a footballer or anybody else employed by a company doing an ordinary job , this is no way for the club to behave

I feel sorry for the player as he is now stuck in limbo
lupins

Personally I hate these "in the know" posts as generally the full situation won't be clear but if if it was me I would keep my counsel as what good did this thread serve the Club
nomis

Like I say not scaremongering but stating what I have been told by his uncle

This is a forum to post up all things Dagger related and that's the reasoning for putting it up

If it is not true then perhaps the guy who interviews Stilly post match v West Ham can then get an answer as to why Oliver Hawkins ain't in the match day squad
lupins

Hardly justification admit it you like to think you have the inside information
nomis

Inside information is not what I have my friend !

What I am reporting is something that IF TRUE is very upsetting for both player and club

I would rather it was all a MASSIVE LIE and not true

If it is true it will all come out in the wash , and whether it be me reporting it , or the Barking & Dagenham Post .....

Get over the fact that I am some Mr Meanor who is out to cause rife within the club

I could of kept my mouth shut and said ****** all and kept all this info to myself BUT I was basically telling it how it's been said and thought all true Daggers fans would want to know be it good or bad depending how you view it
NBDag

Really doesn't seem like the attitude this club has had over the pat few years. Could understand us whacking in a new contract with a buyout clause though, but that really should have been done in January.
Hawkins will go this summer and I think the club have known that for a while, hence Cheek coming in, so I'm not sure if I'm ready to believe this. 300k is a great price and maybe in today's market with everyone looking for the next Vardy we might be looking to get more, but I doubt anyone at the club would want to bully a player like that for more cash.
dagger4eva

Personally I’m all for this kind attitude.

We’ve been walked over far too easily for bigger clubs – taking the very 1st offer that has come along.

We now have a man in charge who seemingly doesn’t wish to adopt such a mentality. So if they value the player at £400k and don’t receive a bid for that amount, then good on them / us for sticking to their guns.
Alan

Given his form since the last transfer window closed without him getting a move (1 goal in 13) I'm surprised anyone is in for him.
Adrian

nomis wrote:Now I'm not putting this up to scaremonger or to say I know the full story , but check this out

I know Ollie's Uncle as I work with him and this is the latest regarding his position

Daggers have turned down four bids for Hawkins the latest being 300K all from Portsmouth. Dagenham value him at 400K and want that amount. Bury are also interested but no firm bids as of yet . This guy then tell's me that Stilly has told Hawkins to sign a new contract as he's only got one year left on his current contract. Then he goes on to say that Stilly has told Ollie that he won't play him or even let him train with the first team until he signs a new contract

This info all came to light last Friday when his uncle was at his sisters wedding and by all accounts Hawkins is very upset by it all as all he wants to do is play football
He said that Dagenham are trying to bully him into signing a new contract and until he does this situation will not change
They think the club want him to sign a new contract with a minimum release cause in it of around 1 million

I don't like this sound of this as this guy I work with has no reason to lie and has been correct in the past regarding his nephew Oliver Hawkins

Apparently Hawkins told his uncle last Friday that if Dagenham don't want to play me then just sell me !!!

I suppose time will tell and something will eventually come out officially
Hawkins old man has told his son to sit it out and bide his time as if and when this comes out it won't look good on the club
Still has never been one to let players muck him around. Others have been frozen out in the past - Glen Southam was one.

If Hawkins just wants to play football, why won't he sign a new contract? After all, we all know that if a good enough offer comes a long he'd be allowed to leave anyway.
The release clause of £1m sounds like absolute rubbish - why would they be willing to take £400k now, but want a release clause of £1m?

I'm not sure why someone that doesn't want to cause "rife" for the club would post something like this under the title it's under as well.