Oliver Hawkins SHOCK NEWS UPDATE !

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

400K for him. Is stevie wonder their chief scout.
Chigwellian

Disgraceful post .... all hearsay!
Voice of reason

Chigwellian wrote:Disgraceful post .... all hearsay!
I believe Nomis completely
This is the way the club operates these days
They aren't alone.
DevonDagger

I visit several forums and this kind of post is usually what you see from muppets making their first post trying to stir things up.
I honestly hope that this is the same again, though you've posted here previously so I'm a little more curious than I might usually be.

Like most of us I expect, I hope this has been massively overblown, if there's any truth at all to it.
If Ollie wants his move to Portsmouth, I would back him and wish him all the best. I think he's given his best for us and deserves the opportunity. Naturally, we should expect a good fee (personally I'd be asking £350k)

dagger4eva talks about how it's time we stopped being walked over by other clubs - I can get on board with this on some level, but not to the extent of refusing to involve a player in any shape or form if he won't sign a new contract. It's this detail in particular I hope has been heavily exaggerated by Ollie's uncle, perhaps in a bid to get Ollie's desired move in a situation where Portsmouth's bids haven't met Daggers' valuation.
That said, if the board/JS value him at say £1m, as an unrealistic valuation it makes it unfair on the player as obviously it's never going to be met.

It would leave a very sour taste and be somewhat upsetting to learn this is how the club has decided to operate if true. I'm also a fan of the player himself, I can't envisage a situation that would warrant such an aggressive approach being taken on him.

I'm sure nomis will understand that I at least will be sceptical until a slightly more reliable source than "my mate is Ollie's uncle" echos a similar sort of statement.
Chigwellian

Voice of reason wrote:
I believe Nomis completely
This is the way the club operates these days
They aren't alone.
That may be VOR... but still, the information given was by a 3rd party which makes it hearsay
The Romford Dagger

No wonder the number of posters on here seems to be dropping.

I think the OP posting this is far more relevant than some of the sh1te on here recently. Such as the obsession with some about Tamplin.
Richie

I'd be amazed if this is true.

Our whole "business model" is on getting players in and then not making them stay. No up and coming players would come to us in the future if we acted in this way.
Adrian

I'm guessing he's signed a new contract then.
DevonDagger

No new contract, but Ollie played today. Looks increasing likely that this was overblown to say the least. Much more at-ease over this now.

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... cial_icons
nomis

Since 1981 as a 13 year old kid I have been supporting the Daggers
I always use to sit on the old grass bank at the West End of the ground when weather permitted. We were then called Dagenham FC and I still have great memories from those early years
Always remember the FA Cup match at home to Millwall when the away supporters were packed in the sieve towards the West Stand and when they scored you heard a thud.......as the wall in front collapse and the debris and the odd away fan ended up on the pitch

Anyway enough of my ramblings.......
What I am trying to get across is I am a Dagger and always will be
They are my club and always will be . Once a Daggers always a Dagger . When I started this post It was not my intent to upset any of the players , staff , manager etc , but to report to the fans forum what I had shockingly been told

I was in total shock and still am to be honest but I stand by what I posted
I spoke to the same person Ollie's Uncle today 10 mins before kick off advising him that Ollie names was on the starting eleven and his response was ......."Let's hope it's all been resolved then" He did go on to say that he would be coming to the home game v Ebbsfleet providing Hawks was still a Daggers player .......read into that what you want

I have listened to John Still's post match interview
I do have my own opinion's on what was said and I am leaving it at that !

I have always trusted Stilly and believe he is the best manager this football club has ever had and is Mr Dagenham through and through

However , I am not backtracking from what I have said or posted

Basically at the end of the day I think we all believe Oliver Hawkins will move on as the club will never stand in a player's way as JS stated

It's a fact that the club survive by getting these rough diamonds in and as JS would say , polishing them and improving them and then moving them on to bigger and better things. This is what the club has always done and I personally believe always will do
The club also gain from this financially
Whether this will change slightly with Glynn Hopkin , time will tell , as we may not necessary have to sell a player every season from now on

I apologise if I have upset anyone or offended anyone , but I still believe that it is in the interest of all fans / supporters to be advised / informed of all things D&RFC related , and whether you choose to believe that or not is a matter of personal interest
Last edited by nomis on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
leewilson

What I don't like is the title. SHOCK NEWS UPDATE. Completely sensationalising.

I'm very wary of 'family members' commenting. Their priority is going to be the player obviously. The potential is there to spin anything to make it seem as if everything is against Ollie and that the club aren't acting properly.

At the same time, although I don't think Stilly lied in his interview today, I'd wager he didn't tell the full story either.

There's clearly something going on as the club only comment on these 'rumours' when there is some substance. However, I don't believe Ollie is being held hostage. My guess would be that he knows the club are in a difficult spot with only 1 year left on his contract and he's putting the feelers out to see what the reaction is from us and other clubs. Both parties will be treading carefully as it benefits neither to have him exiled from the team.
nomis

As I have said leewilson

I stand by my original post

As for the not liking SHOCK NEWS UPDATE..........

Well it was bloody shock news to me my friend

Whether you choose to not like the wording of my post , quite frankly I don't give a F...

I think some people on hear need to grow a pair

Daily tabloids report far worse things football related that is all a load of B.......

I was telling our fans something that I thought should be known , and as it was told to me from someone I know and trust I had no hesitation in posting on the fans forum
leewilson

And I stand by my post too.
RampantDuke

Did anyone watch Hawkins after Xmas? - he lost his place to an aging Benno FFS. Waiting to see what he does this season is too risky - I would cash in right now. Remember that plonker Brian Woodall. Could have made a tidy sum when Millwall came in for him but waited too long. Get rid of Hawkins now.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Adrian

nomis wrote:As I have said leewilson

I stand by my original post

As for the not liking SHOCK NEWS UPDATE..........

Well it was bloody shock news to me my friend

Whether you choose to not like the wording of my post , quite frankly I don't give a F...

I think some people on hear need to grow a pair

Daily tabloids report far worse things football related that is all a load of B.......

I was telling our fans something that I thought should be known , and as it was told to me from someone I know and trust I had no hesitation in posting on the fans forum
Come on, be honest. Posting with that title was just a big "look at me".
Calling it news was a massive stretch of the imagination as well.

He certainly let didnt look like someone that was unhappy with how he was being treated to me.