Why do they do that ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Does anyone believe it when a manager of any club says "I'm not one for looking at tables" ? Yeah Right !! That's like a milkman saying
"I don't deliver dairy products".

John Still invented it with "never too high on winning and never too low on defeat". Then he whoops and hoops as we win the play-off final and does his nut in the dressing room ala that famous you-tube clip at half time when we're 3-0 down.(quite rightly in both instances) But its a load of football manager bollox innit !!

Why do they treat us like morons with these ridiculous statements ?? More to the point,why do people believe it all.

Another favourite of mine was Stilly saying "If I weren't manager here I'd be watching from the terraces".And how many times has he been back ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

Yeh, John Still shouldn't have been at all happy when we won the play-off final. What an idiot he is. One statement should apply to everything equally at all times, and special one off games should definitely not be treated a little differently to the others.

The video you reference is 20 years old. I don't recall him using the never too high, never too low stuff then. Weird, it's almost like people change approaches over time.

As for your last point - yeh, what a tosser he is. It's not like he hasn't got another job is it?
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Yeh, John Still shouldn't have been at all happy when we won the play-off final. What an idiot he is. One statement should apply to everything equally at all times, and special one off games should definitely not be treated a little differently to the others.

The video you reference is 20 years old. I don't recall him using the never too high, never too low stuff then. Weird, it's almost like people change approaches over time.

As for your last point - yeh, what a tosser he is. It's not like he hasn't got another job is it?
I did say Still was quite right in both instances but it does make show him being high on a win and low on a defeat so it is bollox innit ?.What about the "Im not one to look at tables " then ? Or are you happy to be mugged off with such ridiculous statements time after time?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

Why would I be mugged off? I'm not daft enough to take things so literally as you appear to.

Not being one for looking at tables simply means they're not obsessing about them, not that they never look at them.
If you can't take some simple statements with a little bit of context and have to take them completely literally, then you should probably be looking at yourself rather ham those that make the statements.