Will Oliver Hawkins be leaving

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Is it likely we are going to lose Oliver Hawkins as Portsmouth are sniffing around.http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... -1-5090815
Alan

Likely? They've not made an offer, let alone an acceptable one.
Mark

We'll surely want 200k and I doubt they'll pay it.

If they did I'd happily do the deal. We've got a lot of firepower and they're all more mobile. We would miss the natural height advantage though, he can just guide looping crosses on goal and don't think anyone else gives us that early cross option.
DevonDagger

Nothing definite by any stretch of the imagination. But few Portsmouth fans on one of their boards saying bids they have placed for two players have been accepted. No names but a couple feel Hawkins could well be one of them.
Lcbdagger

In answer to the central question... yes
mickeyblue

pretty certain he be off soon, doubt pompey tho, just hope we keep corey as think his value will rocket this year. we already got replacements in so happy days
but we finished 9th!
Richie

Seems like people are happy to see him go, he'd be a huge loss IMO.

We'd be putting our faith in 2 players (Cheek and Ferrier) who have never done full-time football as far as I am aware.

Not necessarily saying we should reject 250k but think he's being undervalued by some posts on here.
NBDag

I think he's definitely going now as it seems to me that Daggernewbie seems to be far from a "newbie" and says things about the club that come into fruition soon after.
Also agree with what Richie said, although Cheek and Ferrier are good they may not replicate it with us.

I was looking forward to having all this firepower up top, even though I don't know how we would use it. Would definitely like to see another striker come in if he goes. Maybe with Hawkins going we might bring in Alabi, as I don't think I've seen him move to anyone yet.
Diggerthedog

My guess is if he goes we will sign a replacement with the money, either on wages or small fee.
Dagdale

I too am still hoping we can see the Hawk/ Cheek partnership up front, on paper it could turn out the best two striking pair seen at this level for ages, awe to the other clubs defending against it, but I suppose looking deeper if there is a time for him to go it would seem about now as we the daggers have bought in a few new faces. One person not mentioned to much is Elliot Romain, maybe like the Hawk his second season with us will come alive.
Daggernewbie

I hope that no one leaves the club but if they do their new contract will no doubt be like Dwight Gale`s one where we get a percentage of the sell on fee etc.
Alan

Thanks for explaining how modern contracts for the transfer of player registrations work, I doubt anyone had previously heard of sell on clauses.
mickeyblue

Alan wrote:Thanks for explaining how modern contracts for the transfer of player registrations work, I doubt anyone had previously heard of sell on clauses.
nice
anybody wonder why people don't get involved much on any daggers forum's
but we finished 9th!
Alan

Yeah, that was a cruel and vicious post that I made. Somebody report me to the moderator.
Auntie Merge

Alan wrote:Yeah, that was a cruel and vicious post that I made. Somebody report me to the moderator.
Nothing to moderate. Fair comment.