2017/18 Predictions

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

Are we likely to have a reasonable run this year at going back up? Or do we have less chance than we did last year?

I was pleasantly surprised last season if ultimately disappointed that we didn't go back up through the play-offs; this tme last year, I had us down for 12th.

This year, I think we'll finish in the play-offs and will have a chance of winning it too (ie better than last year). I am thus plumping for 5th (or better).

Any other views?
Auntie Merge

I predict we will win every league game 6-0 and finish top.

We'll win the FA Trophy
Get to the semi finals of the FA Cup.
Attachments
IMG_5509.JPG
IMG_5509.JPG (44.67 KiB) Viewed 8484 times
Dagdale

I think we will be quite a force again this coming season and surely hope the boys learned from those two 'blips' aka the November games around the Gateshead & Barrow home ones and that awful period in March where we lost those 3 away's in quite close proximity, albeit the former was an injury crisis time for us where back up was pushing our limits. Surely if the Hawk stays and running up front with Cheek we're be some force to opposing defenders, may still need a department here or there strengthened but surely must come close to be stable 1 to 3 most term. Think Aldershot, Tranmere and new boys Hartlepool United are the ones to watch with an real outside bet of Ebbsleet United holding in there as a surprise with a guy running it with a few bucks. Whatever, going by last season another good few places to visit and a good crack on the way getting there to watch a team with real pride and fight to grab the 3 points and a new kit to boast. Roll on Wednesday to find out the path to promotion!
Last edited by Dagdale on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TommyD&R

League: Top 3
FA Cup: don't care
FA Trophy: really don't care
Top scorer: Cheek
Star man: Robinson if fit all season
The Romford Dagger

I think Dagenham at 10/1 for the league each way (top 3) is a cracking bet.

Make of that what you will
DevonDagger

On paper, I think we can all agree that the squad will likely look stronger going into this season than the previous season.
My hopes for last season was top 5 & promotion via play-offs.

This season it'd make sense to be very optimistic, some very promising attacking talent coming in and kept hold of our best players so far. I think with Widds departing we can probably exepct 1, maybe 2 more additions at the back.

Even with all the promise/excitement, I wish to remain grounded as we've seen teams like FGR, Eastleigh etc all similarly bring in highly regarded players and in the latter's case, still nowhere near promotion. FGR took a season or two more than I expect the owner would have hoped for too.

As Tommy said, cup competitions must come second fiddle - but if we've got a reasonably sized squad, I hope we make a good fist of it for players to challenge each other for starts. I'm sure few of us would say no to a away day against a Premier/Championship team too.

I think our top scorer will be Hawkins if he stays (and plays) and Craig Robson to play a big part.
DaggerJoel11

It will be an interesting season for sure, with stronger competition and generally more money involved, plus the new playoff format.

We can all agree that we exceeded expectations last campaign and so all I can hope for is a season like that one. John Still was not targeting promotion last season so it will be interesting to see how a young squad cope with a little bit of pressure. We definitely need a healthy pre-season so that we gel as well as we did last July.

Personally, I think with a few more signings for depth (obviously given the injuries we suffered), we will compete. I'm saying:

Final Position: 2nd
FA Cup: 3rd Round
FA Trophy: 3rd Round
Essex Cup: 4th Round
Top Scorer: Cheek
Player of the Year: Whitely
Average Attendance: 1396
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
stanton101

Stay injury free and we'll win it.
Lcbdagger

With the squad we now have, what were the chances of him actually playing alongside the coaching?