Play offs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

I see that the pathetic changes to the playoffs got voted through. I hope that we voted against this nonsense.
steeevooo

Given that only 4 of the National League Premier teams voted against the proposal it really wouldn't surprise me if we did vote in favour. It's an absolutely ludicrous idea, so doesn't really surprise me at all that it's got bored in at this level.
RM1Dagger

I may be a lone voice here but I've always been in favour of something like this and would like to see it rolled out across the leagues (but it won't as it's not as money spinning). It essentially​ makes the system fairer so the team finishing higher gets an advantage. I'd take it a step further and make it so the 2nd place team automatically went through to the 'final' and they're at home​.
Now the SE27 Dagger
steeevooo

Or alternatively if you wanted to make the system truly fairer then just don't have playoffs in the first place and have automatic promotion slots only - that way the 2nd place team definitely gets the advantage.
Diggerthedog

Stupid idea, imagine finishing 25 points ahead of someone and them getting promoted as they played well in one off games.

It's because this league has become stale, think they need 3 up now with either 3rd playing a play off against 3rd bottom in league two with second up automatically. There are always crap teams at the bottom of league two, same ones each year that get away with it. How many teams have come straight back down in recent years?
RM1Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Stupid idea, imagine finishing 25 points ahead of someone and them getting promoted as they played well in one off games.

It's because this league has become stale, think they need 3 up now with either 3rd playing a play off against 3rd bottom in league two with second up automatically. There are always crap teams at the bottom of league two, same ones each year that get away with it. How many teams have come straight back down in recent years?
But that isn't any different from the current play off system whereby the last placed team can go through on 'one off' games. At least this way the higher teams have home advantage. Can't see an issue with it...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mark

If it goes much further we might as well do away with the league and cut straight to a promotion cup.
Auntie Merge

Hopefully we will win every game 6-0, win automatic promotion and leave this farce to others.
Looking at previous years, some clubs could be fighting relegation and fighting for a playoff place at the same time.
Alan

Aside from one leg semis, the joke is the 6 teams. 7th place could go up and 2nd doesn't. Afraid it's going to make this league look ridiculous when that happens.