will we get sucked into relegation fight

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
chasthedagger

Does anyone think we will be sucked into another relegation fight, we are only a few points from being in the bottom 4 or 5?
HogansHeros

10 points from the last 39 suggests to me that we need a couple of wins quick to avoid getting sucked inss
Daggers No 2 Fan

It's definitely possible.

In terms of points we're not really in much better a position as we were this time last year, and we all know how close it got. I still find it a little odd that there seemed to be more focus on the possibility of reaching the play-offs than what was going on below us.
NickMurphy

Of course it's possible, but I think with the players we have this time around it's highly unlikely.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Any team that cant win a home game like we have in the last five and it must start to give you the jitters.
Lose Saturday and it is possable with a load of mid week catch up games the gap could be down to 5 points.

At the moment i would still expect us to get to 52 points as last season . Will that be enough ?

If we dont get them then i would say are certainly in it.

Our cause would be helped if we could at least stop gifting goals.

33 to 1 with Bill Hill. If we dont get our fingers out that wont last long.
TheLion

Possibly.

Our last home game against Northampton could be interesting as I reckon they could be the team who will come good with their new manager. They have won two their last three games.

We also have to go to Torquay, so fasten your seatbelts as it could get bumpy if we continue to struggle.

On another topic,
I know that Wham were at home on Saturday, but our fan base seems to be ever dwindling unless there are special deals on which is very worrying.
NickMurphy

I just find it ridiculously frustrating that we can't beat certain sides year after year. I mean I do "believe" in "bogey sides", but to have 3 or 4 is a bit ridiculous.
matt_drfc

TheLion wrote:On another topic,
I know that Wham were at home on Saturday, but our fan base seems to be ever dwindling unless there are special deals on which is very worrying.
I reckon we lost about 200 because of West Ham being at home. Not worried about our support too much, will only go up and down depending on results.
USADAGGER nick

The max points of a team getting relegated right now is 74 points. So it's definitely possible, but I don't feel our team is that bad.
TheLion

I reckon we lost about 200 because of West Ham being at home. Not worried about our support too much, will only go up and down depending on results.[/quote]

Perhaps he is hiding from me, but I cannot see another Gayle in our ranks to fund another season or two. We are probably averaging about 1500 home fans per game, even taking into account for numerous special offers. This equates to a seasonal loss of around £500k, following the present club structure and business model.

The Gayle money runs out at the end of next season, which is why we all should be worried.
FullMetalDagger

Maybe a bit of atmosphere would make it more attractive. We had more noise and ummph as a crowd when we were relegation fodder. I guess people enjoyed the "hoofball" more than they made out...
dagger4eva

Agreed!

What also doesn't help - and I wil have to be careful how I word this is that it doesn't help that our newly appointed drummer is hmmm how shall I put it. Not exactly fully complismentis.

Don't wish to be harsh on him coz he's having a go at it when no-one else (me included) appears willing. I don't think it is exactly helping the atmosphere situation.

I said it a number of weeks ago - I kinda wish we could have a bad set of officials every week. It's the only thing that seems to get us all a bit fired up these days.

The crowd we used to have in the Conference puts the current crowd to shame! Sieve used to be rocking on a regular basis. Now it's just shocking! :?
ARNU

Might help if we got some songs !

Also in my day,we used to watch the football and not ****** about with mobile phones while the game was going on.How many people are there sodding about texting,twittering etc when they should be watching the football.Yeah Im old but I blame the yoof of today.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
chasthedagger

dont want to be all doom and gloom but if results go against us tomorrow night we will drop to 17th in the table, surely not????
SUSSEX DAGGER

chasthedagger wrote:dont want to be all doom and gloom but if results go against us tomorrow night we will drop to 17th in the table, surely not????
We got great results at Bradford Rotherham and Exeter around the period we now enter last year. Following great results at Rochdale and Burton history seems to be repeating itself.