New Signing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BarkingRambo

Daggers sign right back Ben Nunn from Boreham Wood. Positive move I think, Boreham's defence was probably one of the hardest we faced last year.

Controversial signing as his career started at Boston when they were league 2... It should have been us.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 24986.aspx
DaggerJoel11

Not heard much of him but could be a decent player and, trusting Still, he probably is. Looks like a direct replacement for Williams and good to see us adding some experience to a side that, without Benno and Guttridge as well, is looking pretty young.

Imagine Still got a verdict from Doe and Howell given that they played at Boreham so that should help build chemistry within the team, much like the Luton bonds.

Hopefully more recruitment to come.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
len

Give the guy a chance he was 17 years old when he played for them, we can make a controversy out of anything if we try.
Mark

Sounds like he left BW to concentrate on his day job only to sign for us full time.
BarkingRambo

len wrote:Give the guy a chance he was 17 years old when he played for them, we can make a controversy out of anything if we try.
Meant more as a joke than something to be taken seriously before the thread gets out of hand.
Daggernewbie

John`s replacements are beginning who`s next on list a couple of midfield/strikers maybe ?
Auntie Merge

BarkingRambo wrote:Daggers sign right back Ben Nunn from Boreham Wood. Positive move I think, Boreham's defence was probably one of the hardest we faced last year.

Controversial signing as his career started at Boston when they were league 2... It should have been us.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 24986.aspx
There is no controversy about his time at Boston. April 2007, when they were already down I guess, and we replaced them.

Looks like a good signing and definite gel with Doe and Howell.
Welcome to the Daggers Ben.
Daggernewbie

Just taken this little bit off the Dagenham & Redbridge post :-Nunn may not be the only new addition from Wood, with Garrard having confirmed in an interview that coach Junior Lewis had also joined Daggers.
admin
Site Admin

After seeing some of Boreham Wood's defending, I wouldn't feel confident about bringing in a defender from them. Hope I'm proved wrong though
Sagres

admin wrote:After seeing some of Boreham Wood's defending, I wouldn't feel confident about bringing in a defender from them. Hope I'm proved wrong though
B/Wood conceded 48 goals last season – 4th lowest in the league!!
Diggerthedog

Yep a lot less then us.

Welcome Ben.
admin
Site Admin

Sagres wrote:
admin wrote:After seeing some of Boreham Wood's defending, I wouldn't feel confident about bringing in a defender from them. Hope I'm proved wrong though
Perhaps I see them on a bad day then. But when I went there towards the end of the season, I didn't see anything to impress me.
Kevin

admin wrote:
Sagres wrote:
Perhaps I see them on a bad day then. But when I went there towards the end of the season, I didn't see anything to impress me.
Yeah, but that was just for one single match - they did play a few others over the season..

I'd suggest that any Gateshead fans who travelled to our place on the 12th Nov would've though we were on a par with North Ferriby! :D
admin
Site Admin

That's all well and good but I just gave an opinion based on what I saw, that's all I can do. Also I made it clear that it was based only seeing a small amount and I'm open to him turning up and proving me wrong, I want that to happen