The list.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
lupins

Yes how could Robinson spend so much time injured who would have thought am impact injury with a broken bone could do that

Fiddles and farts! Really
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote:We only ever looked really good when Gutteridge was in the team this season. He will be a terrible miss on the pitch forget the misrable sod bit. A huge hole to fill along with JMD and that is without losing Whiteley who could be sold if an offer is too good to turn down.

Defensively we look set for the season but look very light now in atracking options. Heard there is another striker who scored a shed load from leagues below on the way in but no name given.
Agree with this
Alan

Richie wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:We only ever looked really good when Gutteridge was in the team this season. He will be a terrible miss on the pitch forget the misrable sod bit. A huge hole to fill along with JMD and that is without losing Whiteley who could be sold if an offer is too good to turn down.

Defensively we look set for the season but look very light now in atracking options. Heard there is another striker who scored a shed load from leagues below on the way in but no name given.
Agree with this
Me too.
Lcbdagger

daggersjeff wrote:I think our midfield is where we will struggle most if we don't get some heavyweight replacements in.
Losing Guttridge, JMD, and to an extent, Donnellan, leaves the remainder with an awful lot to do.

Robson is the only one who looks strong enough for this league, but even he has cost us a few goals. Boucard looked good in the main, but he fiddles and farts about on the ball too much for my liking. Robinson probably spent as much, if not more, time injured than Guttridge.

I'm also quite surprised that he has retained both keepers. I don't feel either of them are good enough for League 2 and yes, we do need an experienced proven goalscorer, with the guile of Benno. I'm concerned they didn't offer a player/coach contract to him.
Can't get rid of either keeper if they are under contract until next summer??
daggersjeff

lupins wrote:Yes how could Robinson spend so much time injured who would have thought am impact injury with a broken bone could do that
My point was that he played less games than Guttridge and that what I've seen of him doesn't instill confidence. Hopefully he will prove me wrong this coming season - if, as a footballer...he doesn't get too many impact injuries!! :roll:
daggersjeff

Lcbdagger wrote:
daggersjeff wrote:I think our midfield is where we will struggle most if we don't get some heavyweight replacements in.
Losing Guttridge, JMD, and to an extent, Donnellan, leaves the remainder with an awful lot to do.

Robson is the only one who looks strong enough for this league, but even he has cost us a few goals. Boucard looked good in the main, but he fiddles and farts about on the ball too much for my liking. Robinson probably spent as much, if not more, time injured than Guttridge.

I'm also quite surprised that he has retained both keepers. I don't feel either of them are good enough for League 2 and yes, we do need an experienced proven goalscorer, with the guile of Benno. I'm concerned they didn't offer a player/coach contract to him.
Can't get rid of either keeper if they are under contract until next summer??
Good point!
Mark

Guttridge had some great highlights moments this season but he's too often a passenger for me. We're not so great that we can afford for a player to just mill about not really interested until the ball comes within 10 yards of him.

Would rather have Whitely in that role tbh.
steeevooo

Mark wrote:Would rather have Whitely in that role tbh.
I agree with this - I'd much rather us play Whitely in the hole and get in a good tricky winger or two. This of course depends on us keeping hold of Whitely though.
Richie

Whitely is far better out wide for me.
BarkingRambo

I like the versatility of having Whitely in the hole. Then he can support either wing as well as getting into some good attacking positions. With a new right winger (Green or otherwise) and Fejiri to feed him balls, he will be an unstoppable machine again. I get the feeling that is a bit of a dream, if a league club doesn't buy Whitely after the season he has had then football has gone mad. The only hope I can see for us keeping him is if any interested clubs want to check he isn't a 1 season wonder.
Lcbdagger

BarkingRambo wrote:I like the versatility of having Whitely in the hole. Then he can support either wing as well as getting into some good attacking positions. With a new right winger (Green or otherwise) and Fejiri to feed him balls, he will be an unstoppable machine again. I get the feeling that is a bit of a dream, if a league club doesn't buy Whitely after the season he has had then football has gone mad. The only hope I can see for us keeping him is if any interested clubs want to check he isn't a 1 season wonder.
Great example this one of different opinions... I think Whiteley is very average out wide with an often poor final ball and needs to be in the middle... others I know agree that he is better out on the wing