Congratulations FGR

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

blimey, Tranmere got 95 points and didn't get promoted, very harsh that...
Mike the Dagger

Pondfield Dagger wrote:blimey, Tranmere got 95 points and didn't get promoted, very harsh that...
This is why play offs are a joke really. No doubt that Tranmere were the second best team in the League by a mile, but they lost one match in a cup at a neutral venue and splat goes their whole season.

Did I hear somewhere that the Conference were looking to have 6 teams qualify for the play offs next season so 7th will be enough to get a shot at it? Bonkers really.

The FL will be really pleased to be getting FGR's massive away support boosting attendances in League Two... oh...
Alan

FGR's wage bill last year was £2.3m in their last filed accounts - which I read is £1m more than our wage bill for the same year and we had FL TV money, PL solidarity money etc.

They made losses of £2.9m and £2.4m respectively in the last 2 seasons.
Paul from Barking

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Pondfield Dagger wrote:blimey, Tranmere got 95 points and didn't get promoted, very harsh that...
This is why play offs are a joke really. No doubt that Tranmere were the second best team in the League by a mile, but they lost one match in a cup at a neutral venue and splat goes their whole season.

Did I hear somewhere that the Conference were looking to have 6 teams qualify for the play offs next season so 7th will be enough to get a shot at it? Bonkers really.

The FL will be really pleased to be getting FGR's massive away support boosting attendances in League Two... oh...

They certainly miss the vast numbers of fans we attracted to away venues, don't they?

Are we going to bar clubs with average attendances of less than say 1300 or so....

All teams knew the competition rules when the season started last August - personally,, I think 4 up and 4 down between the FL & the Conference - 3 + 1 play-off place... League 2 had 8 teams after 2 play off spots this year - exciting
Mike the Dagger

Paul from Barking wrote:
They certainly miss the vast numbers of fans we attracted to away venues, don't they?

Are we going to bar clubs with average attendances of less than say 1300 or so....

All teams knew the competition rules when the season started last August - personally,, I think 4 up and 4 down between the FL & the Conference - 3 + 1 play-off place... League 2 had 8 teams after 2 play off spots this year - exciting
We do actually travel pretty well, based on percentage of home crowds. Obviously that first number isn't so big therefore...

Don't you think we would have taken more that 240 odd to their place if the away leg had been on Thursday even with the travel challenges of getting there?

At least Dagenham is relatively easy travel for most. Nailsworth is a one horse town with one pub in the middle of nowhere pretty much. It is a nightmare without a car.

You'll never get 4 up, 4 down unless the National League gets pulled into an expanded Football League. There will always be a nominal barrier between the "professional game" and non-league. You could argue that it is currently in the wrong place, but there will always be one.
IanC

It should definitely be at least 3,that's how I'd go.Top 2 promoted and then play offs for 3rd club.And I completely agree with Micky Mellon that it should be that cos you always have the same old dross down the bottom of league 2 stinking the place out.And more importantly they are stopping great clubs in NL from progressing.
mickeyblue

IanC wrote:It should definitely be at least 3,that's how I'd go.Top 2 promoted and then play offs for 3rd club.And I completely agree with Micky Mellon that it should be that cos you always have the same old dross down the bottom of league 2 stinking the place out.And more importantly they are stopping great clubs in NL from progressing.
completly agree.

all divisions should be like this 3 up 3 down, top 2 plus 1 from playoff.
but we finished 9th!