Ebbsfleet Promoted, Halifax Promoted

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

2-1 to Ebbsfleet.

Halifax v Chorley still playing. Currently 1-1
RM1Dagger

Pleased, as easily the best team with Maidenhead in that division and bloke at work follows​ them. They are well supported and I fancy them to challenge near the top.
Now the SE27 Dagger
durnzo

That's a very well articulated argument, but I'd rather have had chelmo for another essex derby.
RM1Dagger

Ha,yeah I get that but Ebbsfleet isn't far either (although we'll have to fork out extra for the crossing!)
Now the SE27 Dagger
BB-Dagger

Aren't they another club with a "sugar daddy "?
(He says jealousy) does the foot passenger ferry still run from Tilbury to Gravesend? Some nice pubs around there to do a bit of a tour on the way to the ground!
Auntie Merge

Halifax beat Chorley 2-1 AET.
ThatRoundThing

Tilbury Ferry is still running, only good if we draw them away on Saturday. Loads of pubs in Gravesend including the Wetherspoons at the top of the hill after you get off the ferry.
SLDagger

Looks like we'll be playing jack Connors + Sean shields next year after today then
Diggerthedog

Ebbsfleet yet another money team, would have preferred Chelmsford. Halifax meh.
durnzo

With the risk of upsetting people, I don't really mind the whole "money team" aspect as the people throwing the money down a possibly never ending blackhole aren't doing it for financial gain like in the prem (although that too is pretty much a fools errand) they must have some sort of affection for the club or be bored/mad with more money than sense. Admittedly if they then ****** off leaving the club to go under then they deserve barrels of abuse, but I wouldn't hate the actual club, just the numpty who thought his pockets were deeper than they actually are.
A S dagger97

durnzo wrote:With the risk of upsetting people, I don't really mind the whole "money team" aspect as the people throwing the money down a possibly never ending blackhole aren't doing it for financial gain like in the prem (although that too is pretty much a fools errand) they must have some sort of affection for the club or be bored/mad with more money than sense. Admittedly if they then ****** off leaving the club to go under then they deserve barrels of abuse, but I wouldn't hate the actual club, just the numpty who thought his pockets were deeper than they actually are.
I agree with this, it's not the clubs that I disslike. I just question their decision to take the risk that theyre all aware of but I never allow myself to be convinced by any of the things that the rich investors say, no matter how hard they try to assure you that they will stick around no matter where the club is in say.. 3 years down the line because rareley do they actually keep interested if theres no immediate success but in fairness its up to them what they want to do as its their own money.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
durnzo

Exactly. At this level if someone comes in promising the world you're probably gonna go for it as it's the only way you'll probably progress. It's a shame so many people in this country are football snobs and think football doesn't exist outside the prem(a bit hypocritical admittedly considering my history!!!). Not only does it exist but it's far more enjoyable. If you could convince people that being priced out of the top tier isn't the end of watching live football then clubs wouldn't have to depend on misguided or unscrupulous benefactors, but that's perfect world thinking and highly unlikely.