Bingham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Much preferred Bingham to Boucaud. However, his injury record suggests he's a big risk.
RampantDuke

TommyD&R wrote:
RampantDuke wrote:
BarkingRambo wrote:More ex dagger news. James Dunne, who had a reasonably decent loan spell with us a few years ago has been released by Cambridge.
I would get him back in a heartbeat. Absolute quality.
I really liked him too but it was mentioned a lot when he was here that he looked better than we thought he was because he was a decent player playing in a poor midfield for us. They might have had a point.
Yep - reasonable point although I do think he would excel at Conference level. I suspect he will want to stay in the football league if possible.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
The Romford Dagger

RampantDuke wrote:
BarkingRambo wrote:More ex dagger news. James Dunne, who had a reasonably decent loan spell with us a few years ago has been released by Cambridge.
I would get him back in a heartbeat. Absolute quality.
Agreed

He was excellent for us imo
Richie

Bingham and Dunne are both good players. Both play in the last position we need to strengthen though.
A S dagger97

I would like to see JS try 3 in midfield next year if we sign a player with Binghams qualities, I'd play them alongside Robinson or Howell and Boucaud in front of Doe, Robson and Pennell with wing backs unless we lose our current ones. If we do, revert to 4-3-3 Pennell at LB
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I feel we are gonna sign a CM then I agree with the sentiment that he needs to be someone with a good injury record, who can fill in whenever. Dunne would be OK if he's not too dear I think?
Mark

Dunne was on so much that Portsmouth had to continue subbing his money after he moved to Cambridge to get him off the books.

Hopefully his expectations have dropped sufficiently otherwise one of the big spenders will probably pick him up eg Eastleigh, Ebbsfleet.
leewilson

I disagree that CM is the last position we need to strengthen in. With Boucaud being on international duty frequently in the Autumn and Spring along with Robinson just coming back from a long term injury, we need to strengthen in that area as ideally we don't want to move Robson out of CB again next year.

We struggled alot when both Boucaud and Robinson were missing so a better alternative is essential in my opinion. Raymond doesn't put his stamp on a game enough and whilst I like Howell, he's better as an AM than a sitting one.
Richie

leewilson wrote:I disagree that CM is the last position we need to strengthen in. With Boucaud being on international duty frequently in the Autumn and Spring along with Robinson just coming back from a long term injury, we need to strengthen in that area as ideally we don't want to move Robson out of CB again next year.

We struggled alot when both Boucaud and Robinson were missing so a better alternative is essential in my opinion. Raymond doesn't put his stamp on a game enough and whilst I like Howell, he's better as an AM than a sitting one.
If you base it on nobody leaving, we have:

Boucard
Howell
Robinson
Heard
Hyde
Raymond

Staunton
Robson

So 6 players who would choose to play in the centre, plus 2 who wouldn't, but can do it.

I don't think you can plan at this level to have a squad deep enough to be good without both starting centre mids.
BarkingRambo

Obileye transfer listed by Eastleigh. He was an odd one, had an amazing first loan spell, an alright but not as great second and wasnt that great against us. Seems to be on the decline.
A S dagger97

BarkingRambo wrote:Obileye transfer listed by Eastleigh. He was an odd one, had an amazing first loan spell, an alright but not as great second and wasnt that great against us. Seems to be on the decline.
Doey must have made him look even better than we thought he did. ;)
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!