Food at the Daggers Games

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Does anyone know if the contract for the tea bars is being renewed?

I thought this season the standard of the food had gone down. I had a burger out of habit, but it did not taste good.

It would be interesting to know what other options the club has.
Mark

It's pretty rough and ready isn't it. No wonder the hygiene score was so low looking at some of the things they're doing in there.

One thing I will say at the least the tea is made in a teapot. So much better than the crap we get at other grounds.
mickeyblue

food this season has been the worst it's ever been
how people waste there money I do not know.
who on earth thinks putting two overcooked slices of bacon in a massive French stick and thinks that's going to taste anything but bread needs there head looking at.

needs sorting and quick
but we finished 9th!
dagger4eva

Funny some-one should start a thread on this matter as was going to post something myself.

I brought my brother in law over for the FGR game on Thursday. He got a burger from the stall at the side of the TBS - had 2 bites, commented how absolutely rank it tasted and then rushed over to the toilets to throw his guts up (excuse the graphic detail)

But yeah, that aside I agree the quality is the worst I've ever known and wouldn't buy from the current people again going forward.
ARNU

Burgers are shite,Diggerthedog has lost weight, I rest my case lol!!

Seriously,How hard is it to make chips that aint as disgusting as ours and the burgers are insipid cack that probably contain so little beef Forest green could sell them.Horrible shit !!
I'm specifically talking about the burger bar in the corner of the bury road end as I haven't been in any other stand this season(Apart from carling which is served by the same one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

If enough of you email the club about your concerns about the food outlets maybe something will be done as it`s no use moaning on here about it.Here are the email address you can use Steve Thompson :- steve@daggers.co.uk and Mark South Gate :- secretary@daggers.co.uk remember abuse will get you nowhere.
ARNU

Daggernewbie wrote:If enough of you email the club about your concerns about the food outlets maybe something will be done as it`s no use moaning on here about it.Here are the email address you can use Steve Thompson :- steve@daggers.co.uk and Mark South Gate :- secretary@daggers.co.uk remember abuse will get you nowhere.
We're well aware of who to email. Like most on this matter I'm not that bothered or irate enough to bother anyone about it. I've not abused anyone either. The food ain't great so it's buyer beware isn't it ? The best protest is to not buy in the 1sr place. Bothering Thommo with something he's well aware of is a futile exercise. He reads the forum so I disagree it's the wrong place to discuss " all things D&R". I'd say many issues have been addressed because they were bought up on here.
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:If enough of you email the club about your concerns about the food outlets maybe something will be done as it`s no use moaning on here about it.Here are the email address you can use Steve Thompson :- steve@daggers.co.uk and Mark South Gate :- secretary@daggers.co.uk remember abuse will get you nowhere.
We're well aware of who to email. Like most on this matter I'm not that bothered or irate enough to bother anyone about it. I've not abused anyone either. The food ain't great so it's buyer beware isn't it ? The best protest is to not buy in the 1sr place. Bothering Thommo with something he's well aware of is a futile exercise. He reads the forum so I disagree it's the wrong place to discuss " all things D&R". I'd say many issues have been addressed because they were bought up on here.
Arnu who accused you of abusing anyone ?
Auntie Merge

I started this thread to start a conversation, not close it down. As a moderator on here I'd be grateful if you didn't close down the discussion. I am interested in what others think and what other options there are.
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote:
I started this thread to start a conversation, not close it down. As a moderator on here I'd be grateful if you didn't close down the discussion. I am interested in what others think and what other options there are.
What are you going on about who said close it down ?
ARNU

Daggernewbie wrote:
ARNU wrote:
Arnu who accused you of abusing anyone ?
The way I read your final comment " remember abuse gets you nowhere " seems like you have seen abuse from somebody contributing to the thread.
Question.......How can our food outlets be complying with hygiene standards ? Nail varnish, no hats, preparing food and handling money with the same dirty hands etc, who is doing temperature checks protecting the integrity of the cold chain ?? If it's any consolation a low standard is accepted across the whole football league.
Daggernewbie

Arnu no mate just saying don`t send abuse in your email if sending one.
ARNU

It's nice to be nice. Whilst I am most unlikely to abuse anyone ( perhaps I'd return it if provoked) I don't think you win or get your concerns addressed if you resort to abuse and name calling. I can't imagine anybody is that arsed about the food to send an email let alone go all Danny Dyer at Thommo over it. It remains a fact some of the food served ain't nice. Improve quality and their takings will improve.