New signings? Renewed contracts? Released list?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

I've probably been one of Frank's biggest defenders but tbh I'm not sure he'll be here next season. He is brave and gives it everything but too often his distribution is off the mark. As a full back he is so easy to beat that within a few weeks teams were targeting it with pace. With Boucaud Robinson and the option of Robson plus I assume JS rates Heard, he might not be required. Heard needs a big pre season btw cos he's been well off the pace when I've seen him.

I would expect Robson Doe and Pennell to be competing for the centre back places but I really think we need someone better in the air. Teams come down to us with their 6ft 4 forwards and we struggle to compete. Donnellan helped in this regard although ideally someone a bit more well built!

If Williams can get over his injury he is a must keep and Ling is good cover.

Two wingers have to be top of the shopping list as Fejiri is the only real one we have signed. A loan plus a permanent would be ideal.

Up top I'm still to be fully convinced by Hawkins. I know he's scored plenty but he's too static for me. Doidge has scored over 20 but I wouldn't want him either! Alabi is probably pie in the sky but he'd be ideal. Ferrier at Boreham is also a good player.

I didn't realise Cousins was on a two year deal so I guess both gk are staying. I'd probably go with Cousins although it depends what is out there. Neither gk fills me with confidence but maybe I'm just forever disappointed after all those years of Robbo.
leewilson

This is my list just based off press releases over the last few years.

Goalkeepers

Mark Cousins (2018)
Elliot Justham (2018) (Extended)

Left Backs

Joe Widdowson (2017)

Right Backs

Curtley Williams (2017 option of 2nd year extension)
Sam Ling (2017)

Centre Backs

Luke Pennell (2018)
Scott Doe (2019)
Craig Robson (2018)
Josh Staunton (2017)

Wingers
Jake Howells (2018)
Fejiri Okenabirhie (2019)
Corey Whitely (2018) (Extended)

Centre Mids

Andre Boucard (2018)
Frankie Raymond (2017)
Luke Guttridge (2017)
Scott Heard (2018)
Luke Howell (2018)
Matt Robinson (2019)
Tyrique Hyde (Extended)
Leo Donnellan (2017 option of 2nd year extension)

Forwards

Oliver Hawkins (2018)
Paul Benson (2017)
Elliott Romain (2019)
Shomari Barnwell (2018)
Joe White (2018) (Extended)

For what it's worth, I think Guttridge, Benson, Raymond and Ling will be released. Williams himself wants to sign and I imagine we will unless there are fitness concerns. No idea about Staunton but I think he's a very valuable squad player so I'd be disappointed if we let him go.
Alan

Echo what people have said about Hawkins. Think he's scored 1 since the transfer window closed at the end of January. It's his first full season of full time football and hopefully watching Benno's movement over past 6 weeks has been a learning experience for him.
ARNU

steeevooo wrote:Jimmy Shepherd will do well to impress us with his performances for the Daggers any time soon given that he was released in March...
http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 51510.aspx
Yes but we got another Shepherd haven't we ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Have we?

We've got Scott Herd, but not sure there's another Shepherd.
ARNU

Alan wrote:Have we?

Jake Shepherd.Scored a goal recently.
ARNU

Might have jimmy and Jake mixed up.Anyway the one who scored Byeeeeeee !!
mickeyblue

other sheperd was on loan?
the 1 that was playing rb?
but we finished 9th!
NickMurphy

I know we wouldn't, but part of me wonders whether it'd be worth going three at the back in this league with Pennell, Doe and Robson.

Besides the point of the thread, of course.
leewilson

NickMurphy wrote:I know we wouldn't, but part of me wonders whether it'd be worth going three at the back in this league with Pennell, Doe and Robson.

Not unless we've got excellent wing backs or we'll be incredibly narrow.
NickMurphy

leewilson wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:I know we wouldn't, but part of me wonders whether it'd be worth going three at the back in this league with Pennell, Doe and Robson.

Not unless we've got excellent wing backs or we'll be incredibly narrow.
That is the caveat, of course.
Alan

ARNU wrote:

Jake Shepard was on loan from Reading, so gone
SUSSEX DAGGER

Pennell,Guttridge,HowellS,Raymond,Romain,Ling,Shepherd..........BYEEEEEEE !!!! (Only Guttridge got some playing time yesterday it was all over by then.)

Well I am staggered by you wanting to dump Pennell Arnu. He has only played two games for us and only then 1 and a half in his best position at Centre half . The whole game he did play was after almost a year out

When I left Bristol Rovers last season I thought well there is two positions sorted out for next year, Mark Cousins in Goal following a display that was simply majestic and Centre Half when Pennell was moved there from left back after half time. Those two in my opinion saved us from a Cricket score and nearly cost Bristol Rovers promotion. They had to wait until the last minute of injury time to score the goal that took them up.

In my opinion Luke Pennell has massive potential and the injury that done him cost us greatly this season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote:
ARNU wrote:

Jake Shepard was on loan from Reading, so gone
The Lad that came from the academy end of last season, was given a couple of Starts after relegation was confirmed. Looked promising when we routed Crawley in the last home game. Been out on loan this season and he asked us to cancel his contract a few months ago think it was Jimmy
ARNU

Yes pennel was great last season but looked a bit rooey v Woking. I shall give him a stay of execution Sussex.