Bingham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I think this season Billy has shown us what he's capable of and I am the 1st to admit I was wrong about him,I thought he was poor under Still apart from a couple of Goals (30 yard belter v Crawley comes to mind)and I was never convinced he could be the player he is today.A different style of play plus a bit of maturity and he's come good.He was wasted under Still and would not be here now had Wayne not persevered with him for sure.This season he's impressed in nearly every game he's played in...

BUT..........

Is anyone else concerned that he might be a bit of a "Josh Scott" in terms of time spent on the injury list ? He gets in the team gets injured then gets benched till he plays again then gets injured again.Theres a pattern isn't there ? I'm worried he's a bit too fragile for this game.In contrast look at Abu ,plays every game, goes in hard,gets booted up in the air week after week but never injured.The geezers a machine !! unlike poor old Billy.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
HogansHeros

Bingham ans Matt Saunders both seem a bit fragile - a shame as I think they're our best two passers of the ball
matt_drfc

I think our midfield next season will be Saunders, Bingham, Ogogo. The team will be a lot more capable of the passing style and that midfield is suited to it perfectly. (If all stay fit of course)
shoreyda2nd

matt_drfc wrote:I think our midfield next season will be Saunders, Bingham, Ogogo. The team will be a lot more capable of the passing style and that midfield is suited to it perfectly. (If all stay fit of course)
On the rare occasions where both Billy and Matt have been fit and have been on the pitch together (usually 15 minute spells at the end of a game) it has been fantastic to watch. I've been saying all year how much I want to see that midfield 3 work together, however it seems unlikely at the moment with the injury to Saunders (plus we can't drop Lawson in this form anyway!)...
matt_drfc

shoreyda2nd wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:I think our midfield next season will be Saunders, Bingham, Ogogo. The team will be a lot more capable of the passing style and that midfield is suited to it perfectly. (If all stay fit of course)
On the rare occasions where both Billy and Matt have been fit and have been on the pitch together (usually 15 minute spells at the end of a game) it has been fantastic to watch. I've been saying all year how much I want to see that midfield 3 work together, however it seems unlikely at the moment with the injury to Saunders (plus we can't drop Lawson in this form anyway!)...
Next season ;)

But yeah, I agree. I think Saunders is back from his injury? Not sure though.. D'ath is a starter 100% for this season! Also, Howell is/will be a good enough squad player for sure.
TheLion

Prior to his last injury, I thought BillyB was playing his best ever football. His ability to twist and turn and dictate our attacking ideas were taking us to a level I had not experienced at D&R before.

Hopefully, he can avoid any future injuries and I wonder how long he has left on his current contract. Does anyone know?
ThatRoundThing

Billy signed a contract extension in July 2012 which takes him until July 2015.
Mikins

I think we just need to be careful with him, his recent injury is one he's had before and if it means he's prone to it from over exertion I'd rather we rotate him in and out rather than having him play 15+ games and then need a 3 month lay off. That said I thought he was quality before this season and definitely wasted under old hoofy.
Sorry about your damn luck!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Did not have a very good game Saturday,plainly was not match fit and should have came off after an hour.

As things conspired against us this was not possible. Just hope the backs to the wall effort did not take to much out of him and cause any lasting damage.