FGR Home First leg Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Think half-time flattened us, scoring our goal earlier could have made all the difference, we came out second half and seemed to frizzle out but couldn't believe what an awful performance from Forest Green Rovers how we never buried this lot beats me hard, hopefully justice will be done in rural Gloucestershire Sunday, keep the same team greens we don't mind!
SUSSEX DAGGER

admin wrote:
IanC wrote:Think there was a darn sight more than what was announced.
Don't really understand why they lied about the attendance and claimed it was so low. Apparently there were 700 tickets sold in the TBS, the Carling stand looked full from where I was (that's 800), the terraces must have had 1000 and there was no way 224 FGR fans as that stand holds a maximum of 200. So by my rough estimate I make it 2700 with 200 away fans.
Don't you really understand ???????
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote:Think half-time flattened us, scoring our goal earlier could have made all the difference, we came out second half and seemed to frizzle out but couldn't believe what an awful performance from Forest Green Rovers how we never buried this lot beats me hard, hopefully justice will be done in rural Gloucestershire Sunday, keep the same team greens we don't mind!
There was only one team interested in winning the game at 0=0 and 1-1 and it was not them. They come to spoil the game and if that was their plan then they did that to the letter. There is no way they will be as bad Sunday Dagdale. I think we both know that . Obviously they are confident that they can finish the job Sunday ,it now just a question of what Daggers team turns up Sunday. Some of our Performances have gone from very good to very mediocre in a matter of days during this season. Sometimes the score lines have flattered us when this has occurred and hidden a few truths,

If we play like we did tonight then we have a hell of a chance but if the tonight's Performances are reversed on Sunday then I expect them to be more clinical and that is what will decide this tie over the two legs. The old adage that you have to take your chances when on top is never truer then in situations like how this tie is to be decided.
Adrian

admin wrote:
Don't really understand why they lied about the attendance and claimed it was so low. Apparently there were 700 tickets sold in the TBS, the Carling stand looked full from where I was (that's 800), the terraces must have had 1000 and there was no way 224 FGR fans as that stand holds a maximum of 200. So by my rough estimate I make it 2700 with 200 away fans.
There wasn't 700 in the TBS.
Why do you think the club would announce more away supporters than there were?
Alan

Looked about 3,000 to me.

Would have been more if kicked off later - 3 people I know didn't come because couldn't get home, pick up kid and get there got 7pm.

Boucaud was superb. Referee comically poor.
Last edited by Alan on Fri May 05, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaggerJoel11

Ultimately, it's another match between the same two teams...just in a different stadium. If we play as we did yesterday we have every chance, especially given up superb away form. If say we have the edge.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mike the Dagger

admin wrote:
You have to ask yourself, if that was 2,200 where are the other 3,800 going to go to make capacity 6,000.

I'd guess 500 in the TBS last night so 700 capacity there. The end of the Seive still stupidly shut maybe same again. That leaves about 2,400 in the rest of the ground.

Where I was stood last night was significantly more crowded than any other game this season. There was a significant number at the Bury Road end too.

It isn't happening is it?
admin
Site Admin

Adrian wrote:
admin wrote:
There wasn't 700 in the TBS.
Why do you think the club would announce more away supporters than there were?
I don't know why they would announce more away fans than there actually were, but they very clearly did as that stand only holds a maximum of 200
Mike the Dagger

admin wrote: I don't know why they would announce more away fans than there actually were, but they very clearly did as that stand only holds a maximum of 200
Talking to a mate who does the gate, some of the FGR fans refused to sit in allocated seats and fill the Family stand, hence the gaps in the far corner. Rather than steward that and make it happen, we gave the overspill seats in the end section of the Carling.

220 for a play off game at a stupid time, on a stupid night, on TV, was still pretty pathetic from a club with the ambitions FGR apparently have.
Auntie Merge

I always guess the crowd before the announcement, so do the people I usually sit with (who weren't there last night).
Those around me will testify I'm very often within 100 of the actual attendance.

Last night my prediction was 2325.
Based on:-
There looked about 500 people in the TBS
About 600 in the Sieve
300 Bury Road End
800 in the Carling
218 away supporters
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: About 600 in the Sieve
How many do you think are usually in the Sieve then?

It was significantly more crowded in there than a normal game.
Auntie Merge

You seemed pushed further down than in usual games, which is why it might have felt more crowded.
(I stand to be corrected on this).
Even if I said 800 in the Sieve, it doesn't make for over 3000 that Alan suggested.
Alan

I reckon you could have got 700 more on the closed bit of sieve, based on the end but they sometimes give away support holding 300. I reckon you could have got 750 more in the tbs and Marie.

I'm not seeing how you could have got another 2,400 on the terraces, having walked through the bury road end and sieve10 minutes into the game.
Mike the Dagger

I wrote this http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8222894 after the Ipswich FA Cup game, which is still the record attendance at Victoria Road. The only thing that has changed since then is the Pondfield Terrace (capacity 1200 odd) has become the TBS (capacity 1200 odd) and the club have shut off a third of the sieve with it's dopey barriers.

It's more than a squeeze getting 6,000 in but we have comfortably had 2,500 to 3,500 in no problem on a fairly regular basis during the our time in the FL.

If that was 2,208 yesterday I'll eat ARNU's hat.

And get those stupid barriers down in the Sieve, or one day soon I'm bringing tools to do it myself.
durnzo

I must admit to saying to my mate and step dad that there must've been 3000 in there, based on what looked to be a packed sieve, busy bury road end and a nigh on full carling stand. Plus a far larger contingent on the TBS. looks can obviously be deceiving!! I doubt they'd announce a smaller attendance than was there.

As someone else pointed out, where would you squeeze another 4000 in??? Although, it's a problem I doubt we'll ever have to worry about.