FGR Home First leg Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So the day has finally arrived!

All season we have mostly only struggled against teams that have played route one direct football, forest green love to play from the back. Let's hope we get at them early.

Line up will be the same as at Wrexham maybe not Howell though Gutts instead.

I'm going for 3-2 to us with Benson and 2 Whitely goals. 2,392 (178 away)
ARNU

We need to win big tonight, by three goals or more. We have all seen what can happen very quickly to a two nil lead. If the right team turn up tonight we'll thrash them. This is the day of reckoning.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

we need to win obviously but id take a clean sheet so 1-0 be awesome. then any goals at there place puts them is real pressure.
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

mickeyblue wrote:we need to win obviously but id take a clean sheet so 1-0 be awesome. then any goals at there place puts them is real pressure.
You mistake this for a European match. The away goals rule is not in play, it is straight aggregate score followed by extra time and penalties if needed.
steeevooo

Mike the Dagger wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:we need to win obviously but id take a clean sheet so 1-0 be awesome. then any goals at there place puts them is real pressure.
You mistake this for a European match. The away goals rule is not in play, it is straight aggregate score followed by extra time and penalties if needed.
True, but I'd still argue that winning 1-0 tonight and then scoring a goal at their place would put them under pressure!
ARNU

No away goals rule. Just best aggregate.
ARNU

4-0 tonight plz and we can lose 3-0 at theirs.
Auntie Merge

Daggers 6 FGR 0
IanC

I just think we need to stay in the tie,be great to get a lead but it won't be fatal if we have to settle for a draw.This team have proved all season they can win anywhere on any given day and the fact we won more away games than anybody else proves that.
Dagdale

Very concerned over Doidge and right wing back Dale Bennett, they've both been awesome for Rovers this season and can't forget the way Doidge looked over to us in the TBS when he got their goal in March, his on fire make no mistake, but our boys have produced some great displays especially away from home this season, think it'll be a cracker, just hope Jordan torments them all night and gives it all down the right flank with Corey connecting, we just can't afford to be off guard anywhere, anytime tonight, it also falls a lot on Doey and Robson to keep toe on these guys, just wondering will he stick with Mark in goal? bring out the drum never been up for a game so much for so long, let's really get behind them!
BarkingRambo

FGR have only lost twice at home this season, only Lincoln have a better home record (fewer draws) so I would prefer to see us get a solid lead over them tonight and destroy their morale rather than having to rely on getting a result away.
RampantDuke

WTF? I thought that all Play Off Semi Finals had to be against Morecambe? When did they change the rules?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Auntie Merge

BarkingRambo wrote:FGR have only lost twice at home this season, only Lincoln have a better home record (fewer draws) so I would prefer to see us get a solid lead over them tonight and destroy their morale rather than having to rely on getting a result away.
Agreed. But in the play offs all form tables go out of the window.
NBDag

Dagdale wrote:Very concerned over Doidge and right wing back Dale Bennett, they've both been awesome for Rovers this season and can't forget the way Doidge looked over to us in the TBS when he got their goal in March, his on fire make no mistake, but our boys have produced some great displays especially away from home this season, think it'll be a cracker, just hope Jordan torments them all night and gives it all down the right flank with Corey connecting, we just can't afford to be off guard anywhere, anytime tonight, it also falls a lot on Doey and Robson to keep toe on these guys, just wondering will he stick with Mark in goal? bring out the drum never been up for a game so much for so long, let's really get behind them!
I believe that the drum isn't allowed in the TBS which is a bit annoying for games like today. Hopefully someone in the sieve makes good use of it
mickeyblue

yep whoever in sieve give the drum a run out.
when we was in the tbs on the 1st time we used the drum, was when we stayed up by skin of teeth. not sure on reg's tho and i dont think we are aloud it.
but we finished 9th!