FGR Home First leg Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote:
Dagdale wrote:Very concerned over Doidge and right wing back Dale Bennett, they've both been awesome for Rovers this season and can't forget the way Doidge looked over to us in the TBS when he got their goal in March, his on fire make no mistake, but our boys have produced some great displays especially away from home this season, think it'll be a cracker, just hope Jordan torments them all night and gives it all down the right flank with Corey connecting, we just can't afford to be off guard anywhere, anytime tonight, it also falls a lot on Doey and Robson to keep toe on these guys, just wondering will he stick with Mark in goal? bring out the drum never been up for a game so much for so long, let's really get behind them!
I believe that the drum isn't allowed in the TBS which is a bit annoying for games like today. Hopefully someone in the sieve makes good use of it
Drum has been allowed in the TBS for tonight.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Anyone wanna link me a stream and I'll love you forever
Dagger83

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I hope you get hit by a stray Christian Doidge shot you fiend
Mike the Dagger

God almighty these officials are shite. Massive dive for the penalty seen from 70 yards away, ref falls for it.

Lineo not making any calls, 2 minutes added time when they have been on the floor for 5 minutes, two goals and a substitution.

And these are the best they have???
Adrian

Mike the Dagger wrote:God almighty these officials are shite. Massive dive for the penalty seen from 70 yards away, ref falls for it.

Lineo not making any calls, 2 minutes added time when they have been on the floor for 5 minutes, two goals and a substitution.

And these are the best they have???
Pathetic doesn't do the officials justice tonight. The foul in the first minute on Staunton was a booking but they just give a throw. And got that the wrong way as the ball hit Staunton before going out anyway.
He gave several fouls when he wasn't looking or couldn't see - including the penalty.
I'd love to hear an explanation as to how the foul that got Fejiri booked was any worse than the one by Doidge on Cousins - and Doidge had a few fouls against him as well.
The hack on Boucaud near the end was a straight red offence.

There seem to be a lot of very weak referees at this level - the last three at home have been poor - unable to deal with blatant timewasting or cheating (just the 3 dives by Woking players on Saturday).
You'd hope someone would sit the idiot from tonight down and ask him to explain a lot of his decisions, but he'll probably just get told he did a good job.
RM1Dagger

Not one to have a go at officials but I'll make an exception tonight- shite!
Disappointing not to get the win naturally but I don't think we should be too downhearted. Someone pointed out FGR only lost twice at home but they've drawn loads and we're decent on the road. We have a chance going into the second leg..Tbh they were there for the taking and I don't think we quite went for it as much as we might have. Two evenly matched teams. AB immense. Onward​s and upwards to Sunday...
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

I'm glad in a way that I'm grumpy about us drawing this game. Very unsure about it being a penalty and the rest of the referee's decisions were shambolic. However on Sunday I feel that we'll have an even stronger team out with Williams and Hawkins probably starting.

Andre Boucaud... Wow. Best game I've seen him play in a Daggers shirt. I do not think I am being over dramatic if I was to say that he was Kante-esque. Covered so much ground and was fearless in the challenge. Took some serious shit from all of us last season but he's done fantastically to turn it around. Deservedly MOTM and in the top 3 for POTS this year. Well done him. Honourable mentions to Robson, Fejiri and JMD.

Onwards and upwards to the next game. I do not fear this lot.
stanton101

Terrible ref tonight, got conned for the penalty when he's standing behind the incident, beggars belief how he never consulted his Lino, truly awful weak as piss referee for such an important match.
How they've finished above us is baffling as they are absolute dog shit, can't remember them having a shot all match. Motm was boucard, he was immense tonight.
Hope we go there Sunday and tear them a new arse.
Lcbdagger

Only two necessary comments today filtering a decent result...

Never in a million years a penalty and the commentary on the TV when I returned home followed this.

Secondly how good had Andre been at times this season? Absolute beast tonight... no reason to not go through now
Diggerthedog

Disappointing ref and matched by a crap attendance, not even 2000 home fans. To some football is nothing more than a soap on TV and with the play acting by forest green you can see why. Well done to all for getting behind the team for 90 mins, great support.

I don't fear Sunday if that's all they have to offer. See you all there.

YFD
IanC

Think there was a darn sight more than what was announced.
mickeyblue

IanC wrote:Think there was a darn sight more than what was announced.
agreed sieve looked as full as normal and much more in the tbs.
carling was a little light than usual but still never the amount announced
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Firstly well done boys each and everyone of you did us proud.

But In my heart of hearts when all our team play to their ability and at least three of theirs have shockers and we still we don't win then I think we face a uphill task on Sunday.

There is no way in this world that they are going to be as bad come Sunday. If they are the question will need to be asked how the hell have they reached the playoffs in the first place,

It may not be a bad thing as I think another season at this level will do us a lot of good in the long term. We should be going there Sunday with a comfortable lead the fact that we are not in a way proves that we may not be ready yet for that step up.

This squad has great potential but its a cruel world in football which has little room for sentiment and if we are to make it then we are going to need to strengthen and a few could find themselves out in the cold when faced with the step up. Given time I think most of them have shown during the season that they could make the step up. The question is if we do step up will they be given that time ?

As I would like this team to stay together as they are surely only going to get better ,then it wont break my heart if we do fall short . All I and most of us have ever asked is that every time they pull that Shirt on it means something, tonight without exception I saw every Player play with a sense that they were proud to wear that shirt.

Last year we failed miserably because we neither had the heart or passion, this season we may fail again but at least I have seen desire and effort even when perhaps like tonight things went against us

Tonight was a Dagger performance and I cant find fault with anyone of them . each played for the shirt and that's all I or anyone of us can ever ask.

It may prove come Sunday evening that despite giving it our best shot we have fallen a little short. There is no shame in that and if we can match the desire and passion shown tonight then at least we will be carried out on our shields and I and the majority of us can live with that I would like to think.

P.S If the referee and officials are the same team for Sundays game then I urge the NFL to replace them tonight and save yourself and them from any further embarrassment.
admin
Site Admin

IanC wrote:Think there was a darn sight more than what was announced.
Don't really understand why they lied about the attendance and claimed it was so low. Apparently there were 700 tickets sold in the TBS, the Carling stand looked full from where I was (that's 800), the terraces must have had 1000 and there was no way 224 FGR fans as that stand holds a maximum of 200. So by my rough estimate I make it 2700 with 200 away fans.