FGR Home First leg Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

durnzo wrote:I must admit to saying to my mate and step dad that there must've been 3000 in there, based on what looked to be a packed sieve, busy bury road end and a nigh on full carling stand. Plus a far larger contingent on the TBS. looks can obviously be deceiving!! I doubt they'd announce a smaller attendance than was there.

As someone else pointed out, where would you squeeze another 4000 in??? Although, it's a problem I doubt we'll ever have to worry about.
It would be if we drew one of the big boys at home in the FA Cup Sutton United style.
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:I wrote this http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8222894 after the Ipswich FA Cup game, which is still the record attendance at Victoria Road. The only thing that has changed since then is the Pondfield Terrace (capacity 1200 odd) has become the TBS (capacity 1200 odd) and the club have shut off a third of the sieve with it's dopey barriers.

It's more than a squeeze getting 6,000 in but we have comfortably had 2,500 to 3,500 in no problem on a fairly regular basis during the our time in the FL.

If that was 2,208 yesterday I'll eat ARNU's hat.

And get those stupid barriers down in the Sieve, or one day soon I'm bringing tools to do it myself.
What stupid barriers are they?
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Firstly well done boys each and everyone of you did us proud.

But In my heart of hearts when all our team play to their ability and at least three of theirs have shockers and we still we don't win then I think we face a uphill task on Sunday.

There is no way in this world that they are going to be as bad come Sunday. If they are the question will need to be asked how the hell have they reached the playoffs in the first place,

It may not be a bad thing as I think another season at this level will do us a lot of good in the long term. We should be going there Sunday with a comfortable lead the fact that we are not in a way proves that we may not be ready yet for that step up.

This squad has great potential but its a cruel world in football which has little room for sentiment and if we are to make it then we are going to need to strengthen and a few could find themselves out in the cold when faced with the step up. Given time I think most of them have shown during the season that they could make the step up. The question is if we do step up will they be given that time ?

As I would like this team to stay together as they are surely only going to get better ,then it wont break my heart if we do fall short . All I and most of us have ever asked is that every time they pull that Shirt on it means something, tonight without exception I saw every Player play with a sense that they were proud to wear that shirt.

Last year we failed miserably because we neither had the heart or passion, this season we may fail again but at least I have seen desire and effort even when perhaps like tonight things went against us

Tonight was a Dagger performance and I cant find fault with anyone of them . each played for the shirt and that's all I or anyone of us can ever ask.

It may prove come Sunday evening that despite giving it our best shot we have fallen a little short. There is no shame in that and if we can match the desire and passion shown tonight then at least we will be carried out on our shields and I and the majority of us can live with that I would like to think.

P.S If the referee and officials are the same team for Sundays game then I urge the NFL to replace them tonight and save yourself and them from any further embarrassment.
Fair post but I don't actually think we played that well to be honest. Granted, we showed a lot of heart and worked our bollocks off but the first 15 minutes aside, our actual play was one dimensional and easy to defend against. Whilst Forest Green will be better at home, if we put in an away performance like we are capable of, we can go through. We need the likes of Whitely and Guttridge to sparkle. You can see that Still is having to put out a mix and match team for both legs such is the fitness of certain players. Sunday will probably be:

------------------------Cousins

Williams-----Donnellan---Doe----Widdowson

--------------Boucaud----Robson---------------

Whitely-------------Guttridge--------JMD
---------------------Hawkins
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:
What stupid barriers are they?
These ones...

Fine when the Sieve is shared, very annoying when it isn't.

As best I can tell its about 8 bolts to remove or replace these, hardly major ground work a couple of times a season.
RampantDuke

No comment!
Last edited by RampantDuke on Fri May 05, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Safetyman

Because there are some serious and false allegations of malpractice being made on this thread I have started another one with a formal response.
Tony Payne
Safety Officer