when john still returns

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TheLion

There is no doubt in my mind that his timing stank, and I wonder what his reception would have been this season if we had got relegated and were playing Luton in the Conference?

Anyway, he created history with our season in League 1, with the performances against Charlton being my highlights.
Mikins

Tbh I was livid when he left and I was on the Judas bandwagon but like Arnu said (and yes I am agreeing with him) time heals. It was a bad exit yes, but we're still here and doing our traditional 'punching above our weight' routine and this is the first team with true daggers grit I've seen in a couple of years but one thing stands out

John Still gave me my first and only trip to Wembley to watch us go up, and that is a day I will remember all my life. And for that and many other things he will have my gratitude.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Ilford Dagger

I was also among the '12' at Runcorn back in the day as well as being 1 of the 6 who went to Halifax on a Friday night followed by a truly awful 5-0 thrashing at Stalybridge on the Sunday morning (also 1 of the 6 who went to Morecambe on a cold wet Saturday in Feb the year we went down from the Conference('97), so I have also been there seen it done it etc.
JS gave us many high points no denial & many great memories (I am not ashamed to say I shed tears when we won at Wembley & also when the teams came out at Hillsborough in Aug 2010), but he did leave under a cloud. For the record I am almost 100% certain that he left what was then Leytonstone Ilford when the money ran out, not sure if it was the same when he left RF, but the feeling used to be that he would do well at Clubs with money but would leave/not do well when funds ran out; to be fair he did well on limited resources when he returned to us, not sure how much he was to blame when Barnet got relegated or whether Cottee was more responsible, Barnet fans tended to blame JS more but that was natural to blame a Manager of a local rival.
He will continue to divide opinion & I suspect he will get polite rather than rapturous applause but not the hero welcome/worship he might have got if he hadn't left in acrimonious circumstances.
ARNU

Maybe Stilly will get Luton up then they'll sack him and get a manager that is better at a higher level ala Southampton and Nigel whassisname.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !