Sutton United visit on Bank Holiday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Well is it going to be the game we get our foot finally in the play offs? Thank the dear Lord they got a good home win Friday against the Heed as they were heading toward the danger zone, still think they could become a right threat to us though (who can forget Maidstone on that drab Tuesday night?) so banking on Johnny boy to throw in a right strong side tomorrow and very pleased as of late that Jordan seems to have got back to his on form ways and hoping for a right afternoon of 'nothing but a win' formula. How we do it who cares just do it boys! and what better tonic that eleven goals in four games, feel were in with a great chance. 3-1.
DaggerJoel11

Well to my delight I today discovered that Sutton have only won twice on the road and, with 11 points, have the worst away record. Hopefully we play a decent side and get our third successive home victory but despite their shocking form on their travels it won't be easy. Looking forward to going back in the TBS and if we play anywhere as we have for most of this month we have every chance of winning.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DevonDagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:Well to my delight I today discovered that Sutton have only won twice on the road and, with 11 points, have the worst away record. Hopefully we play a decent side and get our third successive home victory but despite their shocking form on their travels it won't be easy. Looking forward to going back in the TBS and if we play anywhere as we have for most of this month we have every chance of winning.
This is very true. If we could pick the game ourselves it would probably be Sutton, so we must take advantange. As Dagdale said, I think it's a good thing they're safe now. People say teams often play better when they have nothing to play for - maybe so sometimes, but I've seen far more instances of teams down the bottom picking up surprise wins when they need to.

I'm sure I commented earlier in the season about Guiseley's away form when they turned up and I won't forget a very miserible 450 miles one day round trip when we played Torquay in a hurry.
NickMurphy

Guiseley had only won once on the road before they visited in February, similarly Maidstone. We're in better shape now than we were then, mind.
Daggernewbie

Remember a lot of players might have contract talks coming up so they will be out to impress.
SLDagger

The other game is Dover v Aldershot
daggersjeff

On this performance, we don't deserve promotion and tbh I don't think another season in the National will do us any harm
The game confirmed that:-

1) Not for the first time this season, we can't hold onto a lead
and
2) This squad would have no chance competing in League 2 just on fitness alone, let alone skillsets!

Wasn't helped by the Sutton players going down faster than Linda Lovelace, and another appalling ref!!

Boucaud MOM ....Really?
RM1Dagger

I thought Boucard was MOM ..Just shocking from Justham, anyone could of thrown their cap on that..I think he's cost us a few points this season and if they don't score that we cruise to a comfortable win I reckon.. All compounded​ by Aldershot winning..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Adrian

What did Boucaud do?
Another game where he strolled about trying one step over too many.

If Staunton pulls the ball back to Guttridge just before they scored we end up scoring 5 or 6. Instead he fluffs it and leaves the defence short when they break.
RM1Dagger

Well imo he was our best midfielder winning the ball on a number of occasions and generally more composed..I don't think he can be blamed in any way for the goals. It's only my opinion but clearly someone else agreed!
Now the SE27 Dagger
stanton101

I thought the whole team struggled today. Boucard was just about motm out of a pretty average display. Guttridge for me is the liability, his whole body language stinks. Subbed at wood, didn't even acknowledge the fans and subbed again today after 10 minutes in the second half.
We certainly know how to shoot ourselves in the foot, golden opportunity missed.
NBDag

How JMD didn't get mom is beyond me. Their first goal was a shambles. When Staunton has gone on that run up the pitch either Robson (who is actually a centre back) or Boucaud should have filled into his position. They didn't and they exposed the space massively. To say that shot is Justham's fault isn't completely fair. The bobble the ball took on its way in was what put the ball in the net, that patch in front of the goal was horrific btw, and boucaud/Robson not covering is what allowed them to shoot in the first place.
Aside from that it's the same old with refs being utter bollocks. Whitely and Benno didn't seem up for it after the second goal went in for Sutton either which is a shame. Also thought Donnellan was alright, could have been better if he had the bollocks to shoot.
DaggerJoel11

Was surprised that Stilly opted for near enough the same XI and to be fair the team looked tired and out of ideas at times. We just had more attacking threat than them and really should've killed the game off at 2-0 but instead collapsed after they got their first which was a complete shambles from the start. It didn't help that the ref and Sutton players did their best to slow down the game as much as possible but still I expected us to give it more of a go. All in all definitely two points dropped but nothing too concerning because we are still regularly finding the net without Fejiri and Hawks which is a positive. The defence is miles better with Williams too. But onwards and upwards, Wrexham Saturday and hopefully we can secure playoffs then!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

Some people are determined to find something to criticise Guttridge for, no matter what he does.
DagenHammer87

The refereeing was absolutely shocking at every level today - completely clueless and Sutton bought every decision they were allowed.

I felt Justham was impeded for the 2nd goal, but there should've been someone to shield him.

The half time change in formation (short lived) clearly didn't work and JMD, I'm sorry to say but his lack of effort led to Sutton clearing the ball upfield and sending their striker through for the first.

By the end we looked tired, the same old ideas came out and Sutton had them twigged. Didn't do enough to exploit the couple of times we got in behind them.

Not too disappointed, we're still in the mix for now and in the grand scheme that point put us there or thereabouts.

Hopefully a few days rest will do the team the world of good, but we will need to be much, much better if we are gonna have any sort of chance of putting a dent in the playoffs.