FFS

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So Connors booked and was having a mare making himself a certain liability and Wayne leaves him on !!

Should have bought Femi on as soon as the booking happened. Sounds like their bloke was terrorising Connors throughout.Listening to it on Daggers player and that was the opinion there too.Burnett must hate Femi that's all I can think. My son went today so at least we got the point which it sounded was well deserved. Glad zav got some bench time as he's done nothing great since before xmas.Pleased with the point,Id have taken that before KO.

Pleased but disappointed with a bit of managerial naivety. I still love Wayne though,he can only learn from his mistakes.Keep it up !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

You can't take off every player when he gets a booking. Particularly a full back, you'd soon run out of subs!

Good point though, 2 winnable home games up next. 6 points from those is a must if we want playoffs IMO
Mikins

If Femi's injured and Jacks suspended does anyone think we'll get an emergency loan or play doey at LB?
Sorry about your damn luck!
Mark

You indeed can't take every booked player off, but if they keep running at your full back and he's on a yellow it would make sense.
leewilson

Two yellow cards mean only a 1 game ban. No point getting an emergency loan who will have to integrate within the squad.

Doe can do a job for one game. Plus it's at home to Plymouth who we always lose against anyway so no harm done. If all else fails, I'm sure Ogogo could drop in for a game and do alright whilst D'Ath and Bingham pair up in the middle.

Anyway, let's see how bad Femi's knock is first.
ARNU

Richie wrote:You can't take off every player when he gets a booking. Particularly a full back, you'd soon run out of subs!
Yeah I generally agree Richie but in this case the Burton winger was eating him for dinner so it was pretty obvious the guy was struggling and inexperienced players are easily drawn into stupid tackles.

It sounds like Femi's knock wasn't too serious.
matt_drfc

Think I'd rather Hoyte at LB and Doe RB if we don't want to re-arrange the midfield.
OBD

First yellow was a tactical yellow to prevent - in all likelihood - a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Second yellow, I thought Connors got a toe on the ball and given the position of it was an incredibly harsh yellow card.

As for Plymouth at home, how about Shields at left back? Attack being the best form of defence and all that?
@OfficialBigDave
SUSSEX DAGGER

F F S Arnu Femi was no better against him let me assure you. In fact I would argue thst Doey did the best out of the three against him. The bloke was a class act and tore a hole in us down our left side the whole second half. IF I was a Burton fan I would question some of his decision making after he repeatedly went by our full backs.

It was a clear foul that lead to the sending off we can have no complaints and the referee had a very good game throughout.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:F F S Arnu Femi was no better against him let me assure you. In fact I would argue thst Doey did the best out of the three against him. The bloke was a class act and tore a hole in us down our left side the whole second half. IF I was a Burton fan I would question some of his decision making after he repeatedly went by our full backs.

It was a clear foul that lead to the sending off we can have no complaints and the referee had a very good game throughout.
Its more than likely that neither player was upto stopping the Burton lad but Connors is that bit more naive.Femi don't get booked much either.
daggersjeff

seem to recall young Bingham playing regularly at left back in his early days.....